The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to practice ADR mixing
Old 13th April 2019
Here for the gear

How to practice ADR mixing

Hey,

After 10+ years in music production free lance business I'm finally ready to settle down .
I have some good friends in ADR mixing field and I already started my training in one of the dubbing mixing companies. But I feel that:

1. It would speed up my training significantly if I practiced at my studio (they obviously wouldn't let any material out and the time I get at their studio is pretty limited)
2. I would really like to get better sounding result than what they actually expect, which is just over the quality check department.

Therefore I'm looking for a way to practice the ADR mixing.

When I first started with music prod and mixing it was pretty easy since I was in a couple of bands so I just recorded our stuff and mixed it + producing partly "in the box" with some gtr , bass overdubs....

I have my own studio with a well treated pretty dead sounding control/recording room, so i was thinking about recording myself over some movie lines and than try to mix that so the dry recording works with the picture. But I'm not sure if without separate M&E track it will be any good...

Any ideas on how to practice ADR mixing?
Are there any ADR mix contests ?

thanks,
Old 13th April 2019
Lives for gear

Once you get material... ( good luck)...
Read this :
How To : The ADR Gospel - Avid Pro Audio Community
Old 13th April 2019
Find a friend, and record them on camera (phone is fine) saying a bunch of stuff. (Regular speech, yelling, whispers, odd cadences)
Make some cue sheets
Have them ADR everything they just said.

Repeat until you can do it efficiently and with good results.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search