The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Preference for raw sample
Old 7th April 2019
Here for the gear

Preference for raw sample

Hello all,
I am curious as to how you all prefer a raw sample to be. Initially do you prefer the sample for a spot effect to be completely dry? (No audible reflections it timbral changes due to room modes)
Secondly for spot effects in terms of perspective, do you prefer the sample to be as close up as possible?

For atmos/ambient samples, would you prefer it to be enveloped in a space?

And finally in terms of metadata, how many descriptions would you normally expect as a minimum?

All the best, Adam!!
Old 8th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambenfold View Post
?

And finally in terms of metadata, how many deceptions would you normally expect as a minimum?
What does this mean?

And can you elaborate on your intention? Are you making a commercial sound effects library?
Old 8th April 2019
Here for the gear

Apologies this was a typo, was meant to say descriptions, just how many descriptive words in the metadata to help you find it quicker

I am making a sample pack for reference
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Depends on what it is. Say you're recording a door: I would be very happy to receive a 5.0 file containing a pretty dry mono close-up (C), XY a bit furter away (LR) and AB for natural room (LsRs). Descriptions: Try to think from an editor's perspective and include all the information you'd want to have if you're searching through your library. The more the better. Go from "general" to "detailed". Including a picture of the thing you're recording also helps.
Old 8th April 2019
Lives for gear
FWIW, I've always found "wet" versions in foley/spot libraries to have the wrong reverb. So I end up using the dry ones, and pan/verb them to match the scene.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search