The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone using Genelec 8320/8330 and 7350? Studio Monitors
Old 11th December 2018
Gear Addict

Anyone using Genelec 8320/8330 and 7350?

Anyone using the Genelec 8330 or 8320 in a 5.1 setup? Room is a small mix (about 3m x 4.5m) room for tv mixing and feature editing. Room will be treated properly but the correction system looks interesting for a fine tune. Only going Genelec as where I work out of mainly is all Genelec and I'm used to them but the Neumann Kh80/120 or the JBL308's look to be good alternatives
Thanks
Old 12th December 2018
Lives for gear

i have an 8330 2.0 (soon 2.1) setup in a room about the same size as yours. i think you'd at least want the 8330 for the LR and the 8320 for the rest. if you have the budget, i'd try to push for the 8340 as the LR and maybe you could get away with the 8320 for the rest. GLM will make the setup super easy!
Old 12th December 2018
Gear Head

GLM is a huge timesaver when setting up.
Old 13th December 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubivore View Post
i have an 8330 2.0 (soon 2.1) setup in a room about the same size as yours. i think you'd at least want the 8330 for the LR and the 8320 for the rest. if you have the budget, i'd try to push for the 8340 as the LR and maybe you could get away with the 8320 for the rest. GLM will make the setup super easy!
Thanks - my LCR will definitely be all be the same - I was thinking the 8330 but might see again if I can stretch to the 8340's though I think I had decided I could use the money better elsewhere. I'm not too bothered about having 8320's as rears to be honest as anywhere I've mixed have always had smaller rears
Old 13th December 2018
Lives for gear

Whatever you do, buy a subwoofer!
Old 13th December 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NReichman View Post
Whatever you do, buy a subwoofer!
Thats definitely on the list! Probably the 7350 as again, thought the extra cash for the 7360 could go elsewhere. For the initial build, I'm very much having to be reasonable with the money and put it where it matters most unfortunately
Old 13th December 2018
Lives for gear

When I did my listening years ago at the dealer, I came to the conclusion that JBL was overall more bang for the buck than Genelec. But that was before the 308s came out. I need to go back and here the JBL 3s and 7s compared to Genelecs at the same prices.
Old 13th December 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NReichman View Post
When I did my listening years ago at the dealer, I came to the conclusion that JBL was overall more bang for the buck than Genelec. But that was before the 308s came out. I need to go back and here the JBL 3s and 7s compared to Genelecs at the same prices.
I've heard a lot about the jbl 705's alright but they're top end of the budget and most of the post houses around me are genelec, you'd be pushed to find JBL anywhere in the country to be honest
Old 13th December 2018
Lives for gear

I like the 8330 at a 1.4 meter radius from the listening position(that's what my nearfield 5.1 system is set at). 8320 I'd not want to go much more then 1.2 meters. I think nearfield 5.1 is a lot different then theater 5.1, I only do nearfield 5.1 for streaming.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search