The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Halo settings? Spatial Processor Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Halo settings?

Hello!

We’re just trialling Nugen’s Halo Up Mix. I’m attracted by it’s ‘Exact Mode’.

What settings are people liking for up mixing stereo music to surround?

Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

It really depends track to track. It is, at its heart, working on extracting information based on the in/out of phase information in the L/R of the stereo track. If you have a track with a ton of decorrelated information, the settings will be completely different than using it on a track with less.

I find most of the time (working in 5.1) I am using 3 parameters: Divergence, Fade and Diffusion. (I have these set to flip down onto the faders of the S6 I work on).

Diffusion and Fade kind of work together. I find that in the exact mode, that the lower the diffusion, the softer and less defined the front becomes. I usually find that the diffusion ends up between 70 and 90% most of the time.

In the older version of this plug in the Divergence parameter seemed to be much less subtle than it currently is. I liked the older version better.

I find that this plug in gets a bit odd trying to upmix hip hop tracks, where there is a lot of mono information but with the occasional stereo sample.

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahtao View Post
Hello!

We’re just trialling Nugen’s Halo Up Mix. I’m attracted by it’s ‘Exact Mode’.

What settings are people liking for up mixing stereo music to surround?

Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
mymixisbetterthanyours!

What Randall said.
Go through your show in preview, dial in the settings you like best for each song with the main parameters flipped to faders.
Quick enough.

I read by some mixer here that he just has it on a default setting for everything.
That doesn't work for me. And is kinda lazy.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thanks guys, super helpful!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search