The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AAF Export | Disabled channels DAW Software
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

AAF Export | Disabled channels

Apologies if this is an obvious question but I haven't been able to find an answer.

I am prepping a 90minute sequence in Premiere for AAF export for Pro Tools and wanted to clarify the best way to deal with disabled channels in split audio tracks. Our interview audio have three different mics, separated to individual channels, sometimes with only one of the mics enabled. My question is: do I have to enable all channels before exporting the AAF, or will disabled channels carry over to Pro Tools as well? I want to make sure sound editor is getting all channels to work with.

Thank you!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Disabled tracks do not come over from a premiere AAF. I don't think muted clips make it either. If you drop the volume all the way down to infinity, i think they will come over.

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by klausky90 View Post
Apologies if this is an obvious question but I haven't been able to find an answer.

I am prepping a 90minute sequence in Premiere for AAF export for Pro Tools and wanted to clarify the best way to deal with disabled channels in split audio tracks. Our interview audio have three different mics, separated to individual channels, sometimes with only one of the mics enabled. My question is: do I have to enable all channels before exporting the AAF, or will disabled channels carry over to Pro Tools as well? I want to make sure sound editor is getting all channels to work with.

Thank you!
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraphonics View Post
If you drop the volume all the way down to infinity, i think they will come over.

Randall
+1 to this. I always tell editors if they are 1000% sure they don't want the clip then they can delete it, but otherwise just re-enable it and set the volume or clip gain to -infinity and that way when I see a clip with -inf volume I'll know it was meant to be de-enabled.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search