The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How much do you charge (and how much should I)? DAW Software
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
If you talk while I'm working, I say "standby" once and try to keep working. If you keep talking, I just stop and wait... while the clock keeps ticking.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
Invariably then they will also edit without hearing things that you (I assume) will hear in your studio. And then you start bringing things out of the mix and start treating it as you think is best and all of a sudden sounds appear they never heard before. Now it's both your fault they're there and it's your responsibility to deal with them.
I work with a team of 9 editors, and this happens ALLLL the friggin time. I don't even blame them though really, the audio in their edit bays is improperly configured, and I've tried to fix that to no avail.

editor: "what the hell is that sound?!"
me: "it's on your main SOT track. What?"

Good times!
Old 1 week ago
mymixisbetterthanyours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Rose View Post
If you talk while I'm working, I say "standby" once and try to keep working. If you keep talking, I just stop and wait... while the clock keeps ticking.
When I was still working in advertisement audio I took the opposite route. When they were having their phonecalls behind me I slowly raised monitoring level until they left the room themselves.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill___Bro View Post
I work with a team of 9 editors, and this happens ALLLL the friggin time. I don't even blame them though really, the audio in their edit bays is improperly configured, and I've tried to fix that to no avail.

editor: "what the hell is that sound?!"
me: "it's on your main SOT track. What?"

Good times!
That's one thing that hasn't changed over the years. "What is that sound?" or "It didn't sound like that in the edit suite". Never fails.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
That's one thing that hasn't changed over the years. "What is that sound?" or "It didn't sound like that in the edit suite". Never fails.
One thing I've noticed more over the past few years is "Is that what he's saying!?"... ehm...
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search