The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acoustic Treatment Market Study
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Acoustic Treatment Market Study

Hey everyone,

It would help out a lot if everyone could take this VERY quick market study for me.

Thanks!

Ripple Acoustics
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Not a good survey. Would I buy this product?? I have no idea. I already have my room. Why would I buy it, especially if I can’t see it? There’s should have been an “ maybe.”
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

We are Ripple Acoustics, a cutting edge acoustics research and engineering firm. Classical acoustical products do not effectively absorb any low frequencies. Ripple Acoustics is developing an acoustic treatment to pick up the slack that classical systems leave behind. Please answer our quick questionnaire to help us develop the perfect product for your space.

I suspect some of the experienced guys on this forum will have a problem with this.

The questionnaire is pretty vague.

Plus, you're brand new here. Suspicious.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I would think the other forum would be the place for this:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/stud...ing-acoustics/
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
You might indeed have something that leverages a different law of physics than classical absorbers. But you don't seem to be saying that, or anything else real, about your product.

I did a search for your website -- Google couldn't find it -- but did discover a product with a TM on "Ripple Acoustic Panels". If that's not you...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Rose View Post
You might indeed have something that leverages a different law of physics than classical absorbers.
Hanson Hsu's ZR Quantum Technology!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

ASC has already done what you are trying to do. See Room Acoustics Tube Traps & Recording Acoustic Panels | Acoustic Sciences Corporations
Problem solved,
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
ASC has already done what you are trying to do. See Room Acoustics Tube Traps & Recording Acoustic Panels | Acoustic Sciences Corporations
Problem solved,
"You only have one chance to get rid of the phase add/cancel effects of the rear wall bounce. It happens in a split second, at Mach 1 - the speed of sound. Each sound pulse rushes past your ears, colliding with the back wall and then springing back in the wrong direction into your pristine listening zone.”

With copy like that, I'm already suspicious. It's not like he's selling high-end sports cars . . .
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
"You only have one chance to get rid of the phase add/cancel effects of the rear wall bounce. It happens in a split second, at Mach 1 - the speed of sound. Each sound pulse rushes past your ears, colliding with the back wall and then springing back in the wrong direction into your pristine listening zone.”

With copy like that, I'm already suspicious. It's not like he's selling high-end sports cars . . .
I have $8,000.00 of his tube traps in my studios. He knows what he is talking about. FWIW
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Since the thread already took a turn I'll just point out my pet peeve, which is that if you 'could care less' you actually do care some amount. That amount could be tiny or it could be huge, but it must exist for there to be an option to 'care less'. Now, if you couldn't care less on the other hand....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search