The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Rubbery sync in Protools 2018.7
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Rubbery sync in Protools 2018.7

Has the rubbery sync of video-playback from version 10 and before returned in the new version?

Seems to me that the I have to check the 2 pop several times to get a good feeling if there is sync or not.
(Mac os 10.12.6, BM intensity)

Last edited by tha_lode; 1 week ago at 11:01 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Which BM Desktop video driver are you using? Try to find an usually older Version. They all vary in performance regarding sync.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

One of the older ones that were regarded as good last summer. The driver is kind of buggy in that I can´t open in the system settings to check the version. It just doesn´t open when I click on it...

The sync seemed better a few PT versions ago.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I'm on PT 2018.7, MacOS 10.13.6, with the newest BM Desktop 10.11.2 - card is Decklink HD Extreme 3D+.

Still in the first week of testing but so far so good. In the past I needed to use an older version of BM. No problems yet except it does keep switching itself to the side-by-side output for 3D use. I have had to switch it back to line-by-line twice now.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_lode View Post
One of the older ones that were regarded as good last summer. The driver is kind of buggy in that I can´t open in the system settings to check the version. It just doesn´t open when I click on it...

The sync seemed better a few PT versions ago.
You can open the 'Desktop Video Setup' from the Applications folder.
The system prefs shortcut doesn't work here either.
(I'm still using 10.9.7 from sept '17, works for me, PT 2018.7)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search