The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Zoom F8 timecode issue Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Zoom F8 timecode issue

Hi,

I'm working on a school project. I recorded the sound for a short film using shotgun mics + Lavalier microphone sets going into a M3i going into a Zoom F8.

We were asked to not use Timecode so to synchronise with a clapperboard and no connection between the F8 and the Cam. Problem is: I didn't check the timecode setting which was set to external during the filming.

I think that's probably why when we tried afterwards to sync audio and video to the clapperboard the audio progressively drifts until not being synced at all. Moreover the voices sound kind of distorted and shaky which is probably caused by the F8 trying to sync to something that wasn't there. I don't know if there's a way to fix this. Probably not but I still want to try my luck on here.... Please help

Anyway if there's no answer please be aware of this when using the F8: when set to external timecode the little s*** will not keep a steady timecode
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Audio shouldn't sound distorted from a faulty timecode setting. At least not when syncing to a clap. Have you verified that samplerates of both NLE project & capture settings match the audio from the F8? Likewise, all should be 48Khz.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search