The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools Control App custom template question... DAW Software
Old 9th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Pro Tools Control App custom template question...

I've been using the PT control app on my ipad...

I downloaded an .xml template from :

Pro Tools | Control - Creating Custom Post Macros

Has a lot of post friendly macros but I can't load it onto the ipad

...I put the file in the

/Library/Application Support/Euphonix/UserSets/MC2User/MC_USER_SET_Root folder

But I can't access the macros on the ipad...Is there another step required to access the template?

I'm on PT 12 and Sierra 10.12.6

Thank you!
Old 9th March 2018
Lives for gear

You are looking at an old blog post. You need to do a few things to make that macro set work with current Pro Tools.

First, quit Eucon completely. Then move the macro set to the user folder specified but you need to rename the 12 to 18 if you are using Pro Tools 2018.1 or 2018.3. That number has to match otherwise Eucon doesn't realize it belongs to that app. 12 was the right number for versions of Pro Tools before 2018.1. Now it needs to be 18. Now restart Eucon and you'll have the macros.

(If you don't close, restart Eucon, it won't read the new file moved into that folder. Just doesn't see it, it seems.)
Old 9th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
You are looking at an old blog post. You need to do a few things to make that macro set work with current Pro Tools.

First, quit Eucon completely. Then move the macro set to the user folder specified but you need to rename the 12 to 18 if you are using Pro Tools 2018.1 or 2018.3. That number has to match otherwise Eucon doesn't realize it belongs to that app. 12 was the right number for versions of Pro Tools before 2018.1. Now it needs to be 18. Now restart Eucon and you'll have the macros.

(If you don't close, restart Eucon, it won't read the new file moved into that folder. Just doesn't see it, it seems.)
So it should be named “Pro Tools 2018.3Mac.xml?

It's not working for me. Nothing popping up on the iPad
Old 9th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by breaktheory View Post
So it should be named “Pro Tools 2018.3Mac.xml?

It's not working for me. Nothing popping up on the iPad
No. As I said, replace the 12 with an 18. Not rename the whole thing.

If you look at the App when Pro Tools is loaded, you would notice it is recognized as "Pro Tools 18Mac." That's also how the main templates are named if you look a few folders up from where you put User templates.
Old 9th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
No. As I said, replace the 12 with an 18. Not rename the whole thing.

If you look at the App when Pro Tools is loaded, you would notice it is recognized as "Pro Tools 18Mac." That's also how the main templates are named if you look a few folders up from where you put User templates.
Changed it to Pro Tools 18Mac.xml - it's not seeing it on the ipad...I've restarted EUCON and pro tools - the ipad keeps displaying Pro Tools 12Mac

I don't know how to switch to the new template
Old 9th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Changed it to Pro Tools 18Mac.xml - it's not seeing it on the ipad...I've restarted EUCON and pro tools - the ipad keeps displaying Pro Tools 12Mac

I don't know how to switch to the new template
I'm not sure what you mean by 2018 - I'm on HD 12.8.3
Old 9th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by 2018 - I'm on HD 12.8.3
Let's start again.

If you are on 12.8.3, the xml file needs to be labeled "Pro Tools 12Mac.xml"

When you first opened up the user set folder, there should have already been a file named that. You would have needed to replace that file. At this point, just start again.
  1. Exit eucon completely (quit) so it is not running at all (no icon in the top bar),
  2. re-download the zip file,
  3. unzip it,
  4. replace any file in the User Set folder -- when unzipped, the file will already be named correctly,
  5. start Eucon again,
  6. click on pro tools
(which should be running.)

If you do it right, the most obvious thing is on Soft Keys, Page 1, bottom row, left to right, should say "Tracklay" and then next button "Dolby Atmos and Spanner"
Old 9th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Got it! Thanks!
Old 9th March 2018
Gear Head

I downloaded them while ago as well, I changed them as needed for my workflow. What I really miss is a "pause" function, as PT is often too slow for the machine-gun PT Control.
E.G. I have a "split to mono" and I really wish to set PT Control up to
1. do split to mono
2. delete the original stereo track
3. delete one of the two mono tracks - as I only need a mono source

With keystrokes it's easy to program - but point 1 need's more time so 2. and 3. shortcuts are way tooo early.
Old 9th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Hannes View Post
What I really miss is a "pause" function, as PT is often too slow for the machine-gun PT Control.
Under KEY > Insert Special > pause

It is a
Quote:
\a
Old 9th March 2018
Lives for gear

By the way, be careful with that appset from the Pro Tools blog. It wiped out all the standard functions on the right side of my Dock. Had to reload the default. It's probably better to copy/paste buttons you like.
Old 10th March 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Under KEY > Insert Special > pause

It is a
ah I see what you mean, the key "pause" on a windows keyboard. I meant a really pause function, let's say: "pause for 1seconds" or "pause for 3seconds"

(bytheway this \a disappears here in my app after I pressed the button once. seems not to be compatible with OSX.)
Old 13th March 2018
Gear Head

I watched the TechTalk Video Avid Tech Talk Webcasts - Season 6 - Episode 4 - Pro Tools: Customizing Your Console with Eucon Soft Keys

and wondering:
- at the Q&A this guy answered: "yes, there is a pause function." - but here it's not working. Also he mentions a "5ms pause".
- he's using a rename batch: Clip-Menu-Rename, right arrow to get to the name's end, then some backspace to delete it and Enter. When I program this, my object get's deleted, as the rename dialog seems to need more time to open up? SOLVED: when using the EUCON command, it's way too fast. Using the shortcut works instead.

Still any idea how to realize: "split into mono, delete the stereo and one of the mono tracks"

Last edited by Sir Hannes; 13th March 2018 at 03:00 PM..
Old 20th March 2018
Gear Head

Is it possible to create a macro for something that you can only get to via a right click menu? I'd like to create a macro in Pro Tools Control to recall specific track presets but can't see anyway of doing this in the Eucon app.
Old 26th March 2018
Gear Head

if a command like this is located in the menu bar, you can access via key command under OSX, and trigger this via the App.
if it's sth graphical, you can try keyboard maestro. you make a screenshot of the location where to use the right mouse key, import this in an mouse-action in KM.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search