The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best Post Production Sound Libraries
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Best Post Production Sound Libraries

Hi guys - I'm helping a post facility build out its sound design department, and we need to get sound libraries. Anyone have any recommendations on the best sound libraries to start out with? Note: It is for internet videos at an ad agency. The needs are varied, as the content varies, and good, versatile libraries would be ideal. Anyhow, please let me know what you guys like! Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I have always depended upon the Sound Ideas 'General' library for most things, but having said that, I often find myself going for the Hollywood Edge library, perhaps because the sounds tend to be more of what the listener expects. (You could say cliched, but in sound design that's not necessarily a bad thing)
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

i would go for The sound ideas general libraries. and if you want glitches, wooshes, impacts, attachments and that kind of sounds more "up to date" for videos, i would look for the "motionpulse blackbox library"
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search