The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gear Nut

Hi All,

When source connect isn't an option, what are your methods to connect via skype (just audio) to communicate between 2 studios?

Thanks
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I go +4 bus > reamp box > interface (Apogee One, in my case) > laptop. To hear the client, I go interface headphone out (Apogee's only analog out) > console line in.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

In rooms without a console, I use Source Nexus Pro and route everything internally in the computer.

Pro Tools comm send ----> Source Nexus A--->Skype

Skype ---> Source Nexus B ---> Pro Tools return channel

When I have a console (not a control surface) in the room I go in and out of that console through a second, dedicated audio interface. I just use a cheap Tascam something or other. Works great.

-Mike

Last edited by celticrogues; 1 week ago at 02:23 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Nexus is great.
I did an ADR session the other day connecting to a studio in UK via Source Connect, and patched in a voice coach via Skype. A breeze with Nexus, would've been a nightmare to setup otherwise.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
You could also connect the optical I/O on your Mac to the optical enclosure on your HDio interface. You just have to make sure to create a new aggregate device in Audio Midi setup in order clock your Mac's optical output to Protools.

Cheers!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

you can also just connect the analog i/o of your computer to your interface, simple and works fine for skype
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search