The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
IZotope RX6 coming soon
Old 19th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver.Lucas View Post
Nuendo users don't...
And neither do Reaper users. Protools users at least have some convoluted choice.

But that's ok. We vote with our wallets.

Fresh tools are always exciting. I'm certainly going to try out RX 6. I use the editor every day, and very much appreciate the dialogue denoiser.

Maybe the DEsser will be a plugin.
Old 19th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Mullan View Post
Neutron Transient Designer is indeed way better at removing reverb than RX 5 de-reverb. Thanks, Celticrogues.
To my ears, I must say that Zynaptiqs Unveil is miles better than any other of the deverberation solutions available and mentioned in this thread.

RX 5 is good, but the DV module is unfortunately a parody of itself.
Old 19th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airon View Post
And neither do Reaper users. Protools users at least have some convoluted choice.
I have to say that although I don't usually agree with Avid's financial practices, I do like their method of subscriptions better than Adobe's.

-Mike
Old 20th April 2017
Gear Head
Old 20th April 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire31 View Post
The RX 6 download is active at https://account.izotope.com/support/.../rx-6-advanced

I can confirm that RX 6 installs just fine on Mac OS 10.9.5.

/Joachim
I have just tested the Dialog Isolate module and I must say I am VERY impressed. It's by far the best answer to modulating background noise (traffic, walla) that I have ever heard. This thing alone is worth the upgrade price for post users.

De-rustle did some magic on some takes, most of the time it improved bad lav sound but you can very easily overdo things. Still, a new weapon that's better than anything I have tried before (usually de-crackle)
Old 20th April 2017
I find myself using the De-Wind loads after a heavy meal.
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

Has anyone who recently updated to RX5 got their free update to RX6 serial yet??
Old 20th April 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.billington View Post
Has anyone who recently updated to RX5 got their free update to RX6 serial yet??
no serial here either
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

If you log onto your user account on the iZotope website, there is an 'audio specials' (or something similar) tab. I found my serial number there. However, I haven't had the time to try and authorize it yet.

Randall

Quote:
Old 20th April 2017
Motown legend

It just showed up in mine.
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

I just got the upgrade email too.

-Mike
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

Yayyyy!! Got it too.

Although, got this warning how iZotope is experiencing heavy load issues...

C'mon guys, stop freakin' downloading it so I can have a bloody turn.!!
Old 21st April 2017
Gear Head

Dialog Isolate is indeed impressive.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Hmmm ... I have post production suite 1 and also neutran advanced, and there's not coupon upgrade for that. It's actually cheaper for me to upgrade an ancient version of rx advanced to rx 6 advanced then upgrade my current software (PPS1 and neutron). Also since final mix is dead, is kind of wierd being double hit on upgrade cost(i.e. no final mix upgrade path which I own and yet the neutron advanced which I own was switched into IPP2, so I dont need that upgraded). I'm hoping they will add some more coupons when they have thought this through, I like to keep current on rx just so I dont have to think about it when I receive/send sessions.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickFaith View Post
Hmmm ... I have post production suite 1 and also neutran advanced, and there's not coupon upgrade for that. It's actually cheaper for me to upgrade an ancient version of rx advanced to rx 6 advanced then upgrade my current software (PPS1 and neutron). Also since final mix is dead, is kind of wierd being double hit on upgrade cost(i.e. no final mix upgrade path which I own and yet the neutron advanced which I own was switched into IPP2, so I dont need that upgraded). I'm hoping they will add some more coupons when they have thought this through, I like to keep current on rx just so I dont have to think about it when I receive/send sessions.
I had a similar situation awhile back. I contacted them through my account and explained what I wanted to upgrade to compared to what I have and I got a personalised coupon/discount code to fix the irregularities. I don't think they've really thought through all the permutations of software-ownership to upgrades that should be available.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

I have been trying to register my serial for iLok authorisation for 2 days now. Doesn't work.

I guess the support wires are on fire at the moment.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

I'm waiting for more feedback on this one. On the few examples I have seen so far, the processing is to audible, and yes I know it's for showing off, but then it won't reflect my real world use at least so it is really hard to say how good these new processes actually work.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

You can run it in demo and check out the new stuff. I'm doing that on a second system for the moment (though the multi file support is worth the price of admission because I have to deal with 5 to 14 mic recordings all the time and the previous stereo-only support really slowed down cleanup.)
Old 21st April 2017
Gear Head
While I was very disappointed by iZotope's Iris 2 'upgrade', which I never went near, I must say that I'm quite impressed by the authorisation system for RX.

I just upgraded my old RX 3 Advanced to RX 6 Adv. via the RX 5 Adv. offer, for $250. Not bad! Then I discovered that I can authorise as many of my own computers as I need using C/R.

There is no fixed limit as such to the number of computers you can authorise, so if you change or upgrade your machines, re-authorising is not a problem.

In addition, you can also authorise an iLok (it counts as one computer), which could be useful if, for instance, you work in a studio with a number of workstations.

It's an admirably flexible and generous system, I think, and kudos to iZotope for designing it for working pros.

/Joachim
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

hahaha ...
Attached Thumbnails
IZotope RX6 coming soon-screen-shot-2017-04-21-7.54.37-am.jpg  
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-q View Post
I have been trying to register my serial for iLok authorisation for 2 days now. Doesn't work.

I guess the support wires are on fire at the moment.
I emailed support yesterday, they responded this morning with a customized coupon for my upgrade to include Neutron Advanced, PPS2, since I had every past plug as pieces.
My iLok registration was immediate.

Try again.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVPostSound View Post
I emailed support yesterday, they responded this morning with a customized coupon for my upgrade to include Neutron Advanced, PPS2, since I had every past plug as pieces.
My iLok registration was immediate.

Try again.
i am going to wait and see if i get the email .. curious to see if this is a free upgrade for some folk, based on when purchased, or we ALL Pay for this one ..

i feel like i just upgraded to version 5 ... non-advanced here
Old 22nd April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire31 View Post
While I was very disappointed by iZotope's Iris 2 'upgrade', which I never went near, I must say that I'm quite impressed by the authorisation system for RX.

I just upgraded my old RX 3 Advanced to RX 6 Adv. via the RX 5 Adv. offer, for $250. Not bad! Then I discovered that I can authorise as many of my own computers as I need using C/R.

There is no fixed limit as such to the number of computers you can authorise, so if you change or upgrade your machines, re-authorising is not a problem.

In addition, you can also authorise an iLok (it counts as one computer), which could be useful if, for instance, you work in a studio with a number of workstations.

It's an admirably flexible and generous system, I think, and kudos to iZotope for designing it for working pros.

/Joachim
Yeah I jumped from 4. I didn't think that 5 was quite worth the price of admission, so i held off for a better deal. 1 1/2 years I waited, thereabouts.

But now not only did I get to go from 4 to 6, but I had $100 off as well. Now that DEFINITELY was worth the price of admission.

I'm betting the still don't support round-trip for CAF, though. Been waiting for that since version 3!!

It will import, but it won't export back to CAF, yet it will do bloody MP3!! Not everyone uses ProTools iZotope!!
Old 5th May 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Mullan View Post
Wow, curious. Never tried the Neutron Transient Designer for this. Will try it tomorrow.

RX De-reverb is pretty much unusable to my ear. Instead I've been using the Ozone Dynamic EQ in Inverse mode when there's too many drywall/parallel wall type reflections. Super curious to try your Neutron idea.
Yeah this is the bee's knees. I prefer it even to transient designer at this point, which I used to use for pesky atmospheric issues in post. I had to edit a live lecture a while back where I was getting horrible ambiance from the speaker's headset mic. The multiband aspect of neutron saved my behind - I could go harder on the offending frequencies in low and high end, but stay subtler in the midrange, where his speaking voice sat. It produces, for me, a more effective and transparent result.
Old 5th May 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
Only point I was trying to make; it's curious that Izotope has de reverb tech that beats what's in its flagship post product.
iZotope would probably tell you that Neutron is part of their post production suite. In fact, they sell it in their post production suite 2.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/...ion-suite.html
Old 5th May 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecRoom View Post
Thanks Mike, looks like Neutron Advanced is 350, so I guess that saves 150 if I actually find Neutron useful.
Did you demo out neutron yet? Curious as to your thoughts? I get great results out of it for post scenarios but less so for music.
Old 13th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackmandu View Post
Did you demo out neutron yet? Curious as to your thoughts? I get great results out of it for post scenarios but less so for music.
just upgraded to rx post suite2, so now i own neutron, too

curious how do you use it in your post workflow
Old 15th May 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebolao View Post
just upgraded to rx post suite2, so now i own neutron, too

curious how do you use it in your post workflow
My use of neutron in post has confined itself to the transient shaper for the most part, where it's replaced SPL transient designer as my go-to "gate" ('cause it's only kinda/sorta a gate) for dialogue.

For the longest time I used either SPL's transient designer - or Native Instrument's transient master - to reduce ambiance in overly-roomy dialogue.

I had hoped that RX 5's de-reverb could handle these tasks, but I found the module to be more destructive than good. However, neutron's transient shaper is a) more surgical than transient designer, and b) multi-band, so I can get really in depth with offending roominess at offending frequency bands.

It came in most handy recently on an episode of StarTalk Live, where, due to the room characteristics, the host's voice was super roomy in the low-mids, but the high-mids were fine. Using Transient Designer diminished the overall quality of his voice. I thought all was lost, until on a hunch I put up Neutron and got it to sit just right, on account of the precision of the effect and its multi-band operation. That's how Neutron came to replace SPL in my flow.

But here's the thing: RX 6 has stepped up the de-reverb module, and it might threaten to replace neutron's transient shaper in my post workflow...

Another thing:
It doesn't figure into my post workflow, but RX Final Mix is being discontinued, with iZotope saying it's being replaced by Neutron. So if you relied on that module's algos to sort of, for lack of a better word, pre-mix your tracks for you, presumably Neutron's track assistant will do that better. I don't use Neutron's track assistant however, because in general I don't care for iZotope's online EQ and dynamics processing as much as their audio restoration and harmonic-distortion tools. But that's just my current preferences, based on having overdosed on their EQ and dynamics processing in music mixing applications in recent years...

Anyway, I'm sure that's more words than you wanted to read, so i'll end it here...
Old 16th May 2017
Lives for gear

I often find the better solution ends up being a combination of more smaller processes as opposed to fewer processes with bigger changes.

An example would be several a subtle denoise in combination with some transient enhancing, a little eq, maybe some slight saturation. Not specifically in that order.

Then another denoise pass because by now the other processes, while enhancing the overall quality, have also increased the noise a little.

Of course it's extra work, but it gets better results. You can also save your chains so it minimises the most of the work in setting it up.

Speaking of transient enhancing, I've got to say I'm impressed at the new Smack Attack, simply because it gives your over more control over how the signal is being shaped. This is great for automating changes if necessary.
Old 16th May 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
I often find the better solution ends up being a combination of more smaller processes as opposed to fewer processes with bigger changes.

An example would be several a subtle denoise in combination with some transient enhancing, a little eq, maybe some slight saturation. Not specifically in that order.

Then another denoise pass because by now the other processes, while enhancing the overall quality, have also increased the noise a little.

Of course it's extra work, but it gets better results. You can also save your chains so it minimises the most of the work in setting it up.

Speaking of transient enhancing, I've got to say I'm impressed at the new Smack Attack, simply because it gives your over more control over how the signal is being shaped. This is great for automating changes if necessary.
Totes agree. I often work in subtle stages like this. I also work in subtle stages for particularly offensive sibilant speakers - and the RX 6 De-esser, i'm finding, is great for this. Something about hitting classic mode with no more than 1 db of gr a couple of times sounds more transparent to my ears than hitting it, or a comparable de-esser, once with 2 or 3 db of gr.

Smack Attack is good? I've been wondering about it. The UI reminds me of Neutron mixed with Zynaptiq (clean lines mixed with tilt-looking sphere-knobs). It's worth mentioning Neutron's transient shaper also has selectable curves for shaping both the attack and release. At this point I know I sound like a shill for the company tho
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search