The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TC Electronic VSS3 plugin is back Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 11th January 2017
TC Electronic VSS3 plugin is back

No surround, but it's cheap enough to be worthy of jumping into my template...

VSS3 Native | TC Electronic
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Did you install it? My PT12 (mac) says it's not a 64bit AAX.
Old 11th January 2017
Not yet. Will do by the end of the week just to see if it's worth buying (they have a 20% discount for early birds).
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

I just saw it was back. I have 2 TDM VSS3 Licenses that I can now upgrade for
$79 ea.
I was going to upgrade when I decided to go to the TC User Forum for Plug Ins first and I saw this:
======================
VSS3 Native has been announced! (Page 1) — Plug-ins — TC Electronic Forum

=======================
Think I will wait a few days until I meet with TC at NAMM over the weekend and discuss any issues they have.
I really like the TDM VSS3 version so I am very willing to upgrade for $79 for each license.
Old 11th January 2017
Even though I have found quite a few replacement reverbs, including some great surround ones (Exponential for example), I still do like the sound of the 6000. But it's just a dog to have to reconform automation in the 6000.
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

This is great, I used the TDM version. But their history of support doesn't inspire much confidence...
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Anyone have the Relab VSR S24 and can compare? I know, maybe apples and oranges . . .
Old 12th January 2017
Lives for gear

No surround is kinda pointless for me.
Old 12th January 2017
I was guessing you'd say that Mark!
However I would mostly use them as reverbs for Foley or dialogue, which I usually keep toed-in to the center slightly anyway, so that would work for me.
Old 14th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.sound View Post
I just saw it was back. I have 2 TDM VSS3 Licenses that I can now upgrade for
$79 ea.
I was going to upgrade when I decided to go to the TC User Forum for Plug Ins first and I saw this:
======================
VSS3 Native has been announced! (Page 1) — Plug-ins — TC Electronic Forum

=======================
Think I will wait a few days until I meet with TC at NAMM over the weekend and discuss any issues they have.
I really like the TDM VSS3 version so I am very willing to upgrade for $79 for each license.
The 64bits issue has been fixed. I`m testing it since thursday, but I`m having hard time automating preset changes on PT HD 12.7. But in my humble opnion it sounds wonderfully. Reminds me gracefully of my time with acess to a S6000.

best
r.
Old 16th January 2017
So I finally installed it (64 bit windows for Nuendo 64 bit).
First impression: sounds good, and I'm happy to see the 6000 presets all there (except for the surround presets).
Second impression: all parameters automate EXCEPT the Preset change. WTF?? How can devs mess up what is probably one of the most important automation params?

I'll wait til I get a response from support before buying the 4 licenses we had planned on getting (one for each studio).
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1145 View Post
So I finally installed it (64 bit windows for Nuendo 64 bit).
First impression: sounds good, and I'm happy to see the 6000 presets all there (except for the surround presets).
Second impression: all parameters automate EXCEPT the Preset change. WTF?? How can devs mess up what is probably one of the most important automation params?

I'll wait til I get a response from support before buying the 4 licenses we had planned on getting (one for each studio).
Yeah, I put that in to consideration, but I prefer to grab the discount, because, well... I`m sure that it will be fixes (implemented)
Old 17th January 2017
so happy! My 6000's are my goto reverbs.... I've been waiting for this for ever. Installed and tested yesterday... I'm very happy to have VSS3 as a plugin for my native machines.
Old 3rd March 2017
Gear Maniac

Nice sounding plug.
But it seems when using multi mono with all channels linked, the other channels don't respond to loading new presets. Is anyone able to confirm this?
Using PT 12.5.2, VSS3 1.04 (released march 2nd), OSX 10.10.5
Old 3rd March 2017
Preset automation does not work on Nuendo. I contacted support and they say they will look into it.
Can't use this in post without proper automation of presets.
Old 4th March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Preset automation does not work on Nuendo. I contacted support and they say they will look into it.
Can't use this in post without proper automation of presets.
Same issue here in Pro Tools. I opened a case just after the release... they told me the same...

in pro tools my work around is :

- preview mode
- load the preset and tweak it until i like
- copy settings (shift+command+c - pro tools command)
- paste settings (shift+command+v - pro tools command)- now the track get in to preview mode
- punch preview while in play or to selection.

do you follow me?
I guess those automation commands are more or less the same in nuendo and pro tools - preview, capture, etc..., maybe this work around would work to you too.
let me know!
best
Old 5th March 2017
Thanks, that seems like a possible workaround, but I'm not going to buy the plugin until they have a working automation.
Old 11th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhoof View Post
Nice sounding plug.
But it seems when using multi mono with all channels linked, the other channels don't respond to loading new presets. Is anyone able to confirm this?
Using PT 12.5.2, VSS3 1.04 (released march 2nd), OSX 10.10.5
The multi mono bug has been solved. They just removed the option entirely...

/edit: Nope, cancel that, multi mono still available, but the bug is also still present in 1.05.
Still one of the better sounding reverbs though.
Old 16th May 2017
Quote:
Thanks, that seems like a possible workaround, but I'm not going to buy the plugin until they have a working automation.
I'm using this plugin. The factory presets are present in the presets menu at the top. You can automate the patches by using this menu.

A bigger problem is the seeming inability to import User Presets from a TC 6000 to the plugin.
Old 19th May 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Fleischman View Post
I'm using this plugin. The factory presets are present in the presets menu at the top. You can automate the patches by using this menu.

A bigger problem is the seeming inability to import User Presets from a TC 6000 to the plugin.
Tom, sure, but are your tracks going in to active automation when the preser is changed? Mine is not.
If I tweak some parameters, it happens, but if I just change the preset nothing happens automation wise.

Just copying ans pasting. There is something am I missing?
Old 21st May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcutz View Post
Tom, sure, but are your tracks going in to active automation when the preser is changed? Mine is not.
If I tweak some parameters, it happens, but if I just change the preset nothing happens automation wise.

Just copying ans pasting. There is something am I missing?
I just highlight the region or scene I want to apply the preset to in preview, select it from the menu, and press manual write.
Old 22nd May 2017
Gear Addict

So can you not tweak the individual parameters and write them to the selection?
Old 5th June 2017
Lives for gear

trying the demo as i write ...;really love what i hear ....mouse scroll is messy here ...any one can comment on this (it's inversed and steps are way too big (like 40 db for one mouse scroll click here !!)
Old 24th March 2019
Lives for gear

Demoing and must say that this reverb rocks. The way it blends with the source is outstanding.
Old 24th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
Demoing and must say that this reverb rocks. The way it blends with the source is outstanding.
better late than than never , def on my top 5 if not top 3 !! i like that drum wood preset as a starting one for short ones
Old 25th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
better late than than never , def on my top 5 if not top 3 !! i like that drum wood preset as a starting one for short ones
It is amazing how fast I can find the right sound. Almost no equation needed and the sound of the original source with this reverb gives me impression that it was recorded with the reverb at the beginning
Old 25th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
It is amazing how fast I can find the right sound. Almost no equation needed and the sound of the original source with this reverb gives me impression that it was recorded with the reverb at the beginning
yep TC knows some when it come to time based fx !!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search