The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Just received my TC ELECTRONIC CLARITY M meter
Old 8th February 2018
I sent an Email request to TC tech support two days asking when the 2.0 update will be out. I got an automated reply saying that they would be back in touch within 24 hours. Nothing yet. It is like TC has shut down. Anyone know what is really going on?

I just found out that TC is now owned by Behringer which may explain some things...

Last edited by Thomas W. Bethe; 8th February 2018 at 08:24 PM..
Old 9th February 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
I just found out that TC is now owned by Behringer which may explain some things...
Even if TC would have been taken over by Adidas there would be a great improvement in their customer support.
Their customer support and general attitude toward the end user is / was known as the worst in the industry.
Even though the Clarity M looks seducing, I am sitting on fence because of my previous experience with TC.
Old 9th February 2018
TC says now that Version 2 will be out on the 20th of February. Lets hope that's true.
Old 20th February 2018
Gear Maniac

FYI: Clarity M Plugin ver.2.0, Clarity M Firmware ver.2.0.3, and Clarity M Presets ver.2.0 ... now available.

Release Notes

Update was seamless. On to testing ...

-paul
@ Prod uceNewMedia
Old 20th February 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfigg View Post
FYI: Clarity M Plugin ver.2.0, Clarity M Firmware ver.2.0.3, and Clarity M Presets ver.2.0 ... now available.

Release Notes

Update was seamless. On to testing ...

-paul
@ Prod uceNewMedia
Thanks Paul. My email with that info was the first thing I opened this morning.

UPDATE: The install was super easy and fast. The .pdf manual is not clear on a couple of points but I figured it out. Maybe the manual was written in some foreign (non English) language and translated. Not sure. I like the V2 update and it makes it much more usable in Mastering. FWIW

Glad to know the update was easy. I get to do it later.

Last edited by Thomas W. Bethe; 22nd February 2018 at 03:45 PM..
Old 20th February 2018
as an update. V2 is out and available.
Old 12th March 2018
Gear Head

I keep getting random "Disk not ejected properly" messages with my TC Clarity in the middle of sessions. The cable isn't being touched and the meter never stops working. Any ideas?
Old 12th March 2018
Bad USB port or cable? If you are using it on a PC you may want to turnoff the "allow the computer to turn off this device" See this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ower-power-man for more info.
Old 13th March 2018
Lives for gear

Diggin the new update here. Been enjoying the Clarity M here quite a bit
Old 27th October 2018
Here for the gear

I have menuBUS but I couldn't make it work with Clarity.

As soon as I insert the Clarity plugin, I loose audio.

I haven't had more time to read the menuBUS manual to figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202 View Post
Interested again now looks like a good update is imminent.

Has anybody tried/knows what happens if you have the AAX plugin in PT and AU in logic running separately but at the same time, any way to toggle between two plugin instances on the unit? Was thinking about the AU in menubus for system audio at the same time as PT master bus output ...
Old 29th October 2018
Gear Maniac

If you're on a Mac - use Audio Hijack by Rogue Amoeba. You can pretty much do anything you want with it including setting up a processing chain and assigning the output to Clarity M.

-paul.
@ Produce NewMedia

Old 19th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thanks for the nice words!

@ elegentdrum, JLaPointe
Clarity M can run at 96kHz in plug-in mode.
Only if you use the physical inputs, SR is limited to 48kHz max.

@ Thomas W. Bethe
While Clarity M does not have a phase scope, please beware that it indeed has a Correlation Meter. The Correlation Meter will reveal phase problems just like a scope would, and you might even find it easier to read.
The correlation meter is good for use in stereo.
As a good alternative, especially if you work in surround, I suggest you try out the Deviation Meter. The Deviation Meter is based on our loudness technology, and it will reveal phase problems, too. On top of that, you might find it even easier to read and work with.

@ TheGolfer
Response time in plug-in mode is as good as if you use the physical inputs.
Just picked up a Clarity M and I'm loving it so far. However, can you explain what the mono deviation meter does exactly and how it is useful to those of us mixing/mastering in stereo? Thx.

AK
Old 19th February 2019
Lives for gear

I really wish they would do an update that made the freq analyser cover the whole screen with more bands. I love it but that would be amazing!!
Old 1st March 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital 1010 View Post
I really wish they would do an update that made the freq analyser cover the whole screen with more bands. I love it but that would be amazing!!
I've arrived here trying to find out if the RTA could fill the screen and be in higher resolution than 1/3 8ve. 1/12 8ve would be nice? I read something about being able to zoom in on a frequency band but can't find much info on it...
Old 1st March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli_W View Post
I've arrived here trying to find out if the RTA could fill the screen and be in higher resolution than 1/3 8ve. 1/12 8ve would be nice? I read something about being able to zoom in on a frequency band but can't find much info on it...
If you spin the centre knob clockwise in increments in RTA mode it puts a red band across each band and at the top says what the level is but that's it mate.
Old 1st March 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital 1010 View Post
If you spin the centre knob clockwise in increments in RTA mode it puts a red band across each band and at the top says what the level is but that's it mate.
youch. Won't be getting one then! I hope some alternative comes out...
Old 1st March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli_W View Post
youch. Won't be getting one then! I hope some alternative comes out...
It's still a really cool device, that's just a wish.
Old 8th March 2019
Lives for gear

currently $279 USD for the SURROUND version that also does stereo at the link below.

a very good price. Dont delay.

TC Electronic Clarity M - Desktop Audio Meter CLARITY M B&H

Old 8th March 2019
Lives for gear

it now says backordered on both versions. wasn't the surround version like twice the price at some point? i wonder if they're merging the two products into one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy View Post
currently $279 USD for the SURROUND version that also does stereo at the link below.

a very good price. Dont delay.

TC Electronic Clarity M - Desktop Audio Meter CLARITY M B&H

Old 8th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubivore View Post
it now says backordered.
Yep, I purchased the last on they had in stock.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Still very hard too find stock in the UK.. Can this be powered by USB? Reason why I'm asking is I can get it from Thomann but its got EU plug not UK
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search