The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
BlueSky AMC, anyone actually using it?
Old 5th July 2016
Lives for gear

BlueSky AMC, anyone actually using it?

I'm in the market for a surround controller, and this box ticks all the, erm, boxes. BlueSky is not the most active company at the moment, and I just wonder if anyone uses it and can tell me some more from a users perspective?
Old 5th July 2016
Gear Addict

I would also love to hear users perspectives on this. Very happily using Blue Sky BMC technology at the moment, but looking to upgrade in the not too distant future and also wondering what is going on over at Blue Sky as a company. Their price and specs on their AMC box looks great though.
Old 5th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leverson View Post
I would also love to hear users perspectives on this. Very happily using Blue Sky BMC technology at the moment, but looking to upgrade in the not too distant future and also wondering what is going on over at Blue Sky as a company. Their price and specs on their AMC box looks great though.
I think they changed hands a few years ago, and Pascal is long gone. They stopped making their very good lower-budg systems, the new speakers are much more expensive, haven't had the opportunity to hear them yet. I have, however, been able to get parts from them for the discontinued systems.
Old 6th July 2016
I use the AMC with my JBL 6328p surround system, and it's been great so far.

it has software that does room optimization and sets monitor delay for you, and you can load multiple presets with the system setting up your own downmix or mono mix preset.

the room calibration software is pc only, so if you are only on a mac. you'll have to find a pc to run it.
the construction of the controller is a bit flimsy, but overall solid.
the rackmount gear does get hot after a while of using it, so I have it rack mounted with spaces left on top and bottom of the unit.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I know this is an old thread, but anyone has more comments on the AMC from Blue Sky? Is the room calibration working well?

I'm about to order one

Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

AMC user here with 6328 setup. Yes it is rock solid. I disagree about the comment about the controller being flimsy, it is a very robust, solidly-built box. I haven't had a need to touch the software in quite some time, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mac version by now though, the guy who built it is very hands-on. It does have it's limitations, especially if you're looking to for more channels ie. atmos. but for a 5.1/7.1 setup it's very capable.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sndnerd View Post
AMC user here with 6328 setup. Yes it is rock solid. I disagree about the comment about the controller being flimsy, it is a very robust, solidly-built box. I haven't had a need to touch the software in quite some time, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mac version by now though, the guy who built it is very hands-on. It does have it's limitations, especially if you're looking to for more channels ie. atmos. but for a 5.1/7.1 setup it's very capable.
Thanks for the reply.

Are you using the AMC via the analog IO or the AES/EBU?

Are the converters transparent?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I went for it, no regrets at all. Sounds good (I use the DA from the AMC to my Amphion amps and speakers), played with the room correction, it works but decided not to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elskardio View Post
I know this is an old thread, but anyone has more comments on the AMC from Blue Sky? Is the room calibration working well?

I'm about to order one

Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

Are you using the AMC via the analog IO or the AES/EBU?

Are the converters transparent?
Analog. Can't comment on the converters for this reason.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sndnerd View Post
Analog. Can't comment on the converters for this reason.
The AMC's processing is 100% digital. So unless you're using the AES/EBU IO, the signal is going through the A/D D/A converters. It's supposed to be "state of the art" converters according to Blue Sky.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
The AMC's processing is 100% digital. So unless you're using the AES/EBU IO, the signal is going through the A/D D/A converters. It's supposed to be "state of the art" converters according to Blue Sky.
Ha right. I was thinking the AES inputs. I'm using the analog ins.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

I've been pleased with mine in my home rig. Definitely made a big difference in how the work translated to a bigger stage.

Make sure you update the firmware and calibration software. there were some bugs in the version mine had when I got it, though I forget the version number now.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebryanparker View Post
Make sure you update the firmware and calibration software. there were some bugs in the version mine had when I got it, though I forget the version number now.
Thanks. Will do

I just placed the order
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search