The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Good post related websites Video Editing Software
Old 15th May 2016
Lives for gear

Good post related websites

Hi,
I've been catching the train to the studio lately instead of driving (I get there much less stressed out, and can drink early in the morning (ok the second bit was a joke)) and am always looking for interesting post/sound design/audio related sites to check out on the journey.
For instance, this is a good one, particularly the sound experiments page in the news section:
http://soundworkscollection.com/
Any suggestions / favourites please?
Thanks
Old 15th May 2016
Lives for gear

Thanks Craig, Randy's blog is great.
Cheers.
Old 15th May 2016
Lives for gear

For BART (bay area transit) and ace train, I like to download things from lynda.com. Even things like nuke and adobe premiere I find useful downloading the content then listening to it on the train (so I understand other people's viewpoints that I'm working with so I don't sound as clueless). There's also a fair bit of music tutorials(like almost every version of protools they go over what has changed in detail), so especially useful if your trying to keep up with various packages. Also they have series by post experts giving just back ground info. I end up watching/listening to this content two or three times because of train noise/interuptions, so I download it to my ipad since lynda now has a nice little app for downloading then watching/listening while your traveling.
Old 16th May 2016
Gear Maniac

Old 16th May 2016
Gear Head

This site is a sweet resource for finding well recorded content online for cheap...no packs, just individual stems and recordings that you can preview live with whatever you're working on....

Check it:https://outro.io/#/?_k=nc6inx
Old 16th May 2016
Gear Head

They have a pretty sweet blog that just started up too!
Old 16th May 2016
Lives for gear
Some of the web's links to my site don't work, because I sold dplay.com a couple of years ago and forwarding has expired.

Tutorials, funny stuff about our industry, etc is now at jayrose.com.

And of course, there's Jeff Wexler's site.
Old 18th May 2016
Lives for gear

Thanks for the links. Train much better now.
Cheers
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search