The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ADR Studio Software
Old 5th February 2015
Gear Maniac

Go for Nuendo. Cheapest and best solution. Then export AAF to PT.
Old 5th February 2015
Lives for gear

As far as I can remember it can count up or down, but Im 100% sure it can't show A,1,2,3, just numbers. Im not sure if it can change the speed between the counts though. I have gotten used to 1/second, but in the past I preferred the standard 16 frames version. I don't have a system here right now so I can't test. But if the speed can't be changed it sounds like a good feature request.
Old 6th February 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by motamouth View Post
@ mattiasnyc & @ Subsonic808 can you change the order and speed of the counter? I noticed in the YouTube video you posted that there was only a ticker to turn it on and off. But that goes 3, 2, 1. But I need it to go (A,) 1, 2, 3. And the speed should be 1 number per second.
Yes, you can but you do not get an A. I run it like that and it works lovely.
Old 6th February 2015
Gear Head

@ minister the studio standard is different in Germany then. I can do without the A, they don't have that in every studio, but I think it's always 1/second.
@ Subsonic808 you said yes it can. Do you mean you can change the speed or whether it counts up/down?
Old 6th February 2015
You can set the speed of the beeps in the metronome setting within Nuendo (Ctrl+Click on the metronome in the transport bar). I usually keep the beeps around 800 ms (ie. 20 frames at 25fps) as I find the rythm natural to use.
Old 6th February 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by motamouth View Post
@ minister the studio standard is different in Germany then. I can do without the A, they don't have that in every studio, but I think it's always 1/second.
@ Subsonic808 you said yes it can. Do you mean you can change the speed or whether it counts up/down?
Counting up in one second intervals is possible, like I said.
Old 20th February 2015
Gear Maniac

Go for Nuendo. Seriously. I do all my ADR work in Nuendo meanwhile.
ProTools is getting outdated on post-pro stuff (at least compared to Nuendo).
Old 20th April 2015
Gear Head

just wanted to step in again and thanks once again for all the feedback. i went with ediprompt, and i'm very pleased with my decision, i went with pro tools and edipromt. which just works great, and it works very similar to the system used in all the studios berlin. which is great, i was able to work on my timing, been getting great roles.

i still think it is very overpriced (650 euros) for the count in emulation was quite a lot for me. but on the other hand i was able to improve on my pro tools game quite a bit, and now appreciate it so much more, plus it really helped me with finding out all the possibilities of pro tools when recording. so to anybody who can afford it, definitely go with pro tools and external software, it's a great solution, and very easy to use.

i mean with this system, my girlfriend was able to do 3 retakes that needed to be done for a movie hitting the big screens this week, while we were abroad on vacation, by just downloading the pro tools sessions, and thanks to edipromt i was able to give a count in, which gave it a real studio feeling, saving us a long ass trip to the next trusted dubbing studio.

i'm not saying nuendo is a bad decision, i'm just saying pro tools and an adr solution that works with that makes things easier if you're not just working only on your own personal/private productions. if you have another maybe cheaper adr solution that works with pro tools, please share it here, because i have quite a few friends that would love to get something like it edipromt but just can't afford to spend that much money on it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search