The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What monitors (screens!) are you using?
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

What monitors (screens!) are you using?

Hey everyone,

I'm just trying to plan my new composing/production studio...going to get a Mac Pro. Thing is, the Apple screens are really expensive. I'd like to go for a dual monitor setup, a lot of people seem to reccommend the Dell 2407WFP (24"). Is anyone running two of these on a Mac Pro? More importantly, does anyone know if you can run them on the stock graphic card, or will I need to upgrade or get two? (NVIDIA Geforce 7300 GT 256 single link DVI/dual link DVI)

One thing is that the Dells don't have HDMI...seriously problem?

thanks!

E
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Addict

I have 2 Dell 24"s on a Mac Pro. I have the upgraded graphics card but that's just cause I do video work on the machine as well. The stock card in the Mac Pro will run the Dells just fine.

Lack of HDMI is not an issue if you're just going to be running the monitors on the Mac Pro.
Old 30th January 2007
I went to www.cdw.com ( the old macwharehouse.com ) and bought 2 16x9 19" LCD screens for one of my macs. I love 'em with the extra screen space... They cost about $300 each. I've already replaced another computers screens with these and i'm going to slowly do all the monitors with the same units.

cheers
geo

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search