The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Geo's sound post corner
Old 9th December 2017
way in the past I have... but not recently. This is a problem that you should address with Avid. As to optimizing drives containing audio or video files... Personally, I NEVER optimize drives with software products... I have run into corrupted files doing this. I purchase a new drive of equal size, and simply transfer everything over so its copies contiguously. After verifying, I can clear the old drive and reuse. I sometimes do this with directories and sometimes entire disks. There are some people who do use s/w products to optimize, but I do not.
Old 29th January 2018
Here for the gear

True Peak different read

Hi Georgia,

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and answered my question.
I have mixed a 5.1 project and limited true peak level in -2, I also re-scan the level by dolby meter and wave plugin, the meter was read in -2.

But the client reported that my true peak level was -1.9....Is there any standardize problem between the plugins, or which plugin you think is the most acurrate ?

wai
regards
Old 29th January 2018
HI, you are talking about 1/10 of 1 db. that variance can be from all sorts of places, what s/w was used and its underlying algorithm, how the s/w was set up, on what system the audio was monitored, and the configuration of that system... At /10 of 1 db it's not really about accuracy which monitoring/measuring system is the most accurate... it's about which system the client is using for QC and matching it or simply NOT pushing the envelope on the max level... drop it a 1/2 db for a safety level and call it a day.
Old 30th January 2018
Here for the gear

Thanks for you great advice! Georgia!
Old 12th March 2018
Here for the gear

Hi Georgia,
I just wondering why the OTT set the loudness level in around -24 lufs but the music industry like the spotify set it around -14,
that means we need we have louder music ,the softer dialouge? Is there any way the both industries could make a better viewing experience for audience ?

wai
regards
Old 12th March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by waikwanho View Post
Hi Georgia,
I just wondering why the OTT set the loudness level in around -24 lufs but the music industry like the spotify set it around -14,
that means we need we have louder music ,the softer dialouge? Is there any way the both industries could make a better viewing experience for audience ?

wai
regards
OTT (Over-The-Top) media distribution is trying to be created without using an MSO. To assure that all content is the same loudness the creators of OTT have made a command decision that puts audio close to other MSO standards. Music is less of a concern than video streaming. Don't confuse a music track with a Film or broadcast style mix... music and dialogue are mixed in these formats just like always with a -24 level... Music in a song or album has always been "hotter" than a show or movie mix... the two "viewing" experiences are different, since one is not "viewing" but "listening"... so it's not really relevant since you want be streaming a show, then music alone, then a film, then a show, then music alone... etc you'll tune into a OTT music feed or an OTT video feed.
Old 15th March 2018
Here for the gear

thanks Georgia,

what is MSO,thanks

wai
Old 16th March 2018
MSO - Multiple System Operator - multiple cable or direct-broadcast satellite television systems operator - like Spectrum or other cable service supporting multiple regions.
Old 26th March 2018
Here for the gear

Hi Georgia,

The loudness requirement of ebu r128 -23 LUFS , ATSC A/85 -24LKFS . is it also apply to short program ( Less than 3 mins ) like Trailer?

wai
regards
Old 26th March 2018
because of the varying requirements for content providers, production companies, and others I would tell you to simply read the delivery specs. If you have not been given delivery specs by the client, talk to them and get those delivery requirements before finishing a mix and/or delivery. There are simply too many variables to make a blanket statement. I've listed data and some specific delivery specs in the Video post production forum here.
Old 27th March 2018
Here for the gear

Dear Georgia,

Thanks so much for the help.

wai
regards
Old 4th January 2019
Here for the gear

Dear Georgia,

Happy New Year,do you know any software that can combine multiple wav files to a interleaved BWF poly wav easily?

Wai
regards
Old 4th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Wave Agent. Not to hack Georgias' corner, but that'll do, and it's free:
Sound Devices - Wave Agent
Old 10th January 2019
Any experience with airwundows? Opinions?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search