Old 24th January 2007
Lives for gear

i always deliver mine at 320kpbs MP3 and 48khz
Old 24th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt82aust View Post
i always deliver mine at 320kpbs MP3 and 48khz
Mine are 192kbps/44.1 mp3 unless someone insists that they be 128kbps - that seems to have been the standard for a while, but since connection speeds are faster now and drive space is plentiful, higher bit rates shouldn't be a problem.
Old 24th January 2007
Gear Addict

320MP3 @ 44.1khz. here.
Old 24th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Talbot View Post
mp3's suck worse than 7 1/2 ips dubs did.
I wish so many folks didn't have Mac-a-phobia and would let me send AAC instead.
Old 24th January 2007
Gear Maniac

AAC+ may be the coming broadcast standard.
Old 29th January 2007
Lives for gear

It's been a while since I made broadcast copies for radio, but I believe here in Holland the delivery requirements are still a DAT or a CD.

Can anyone confirm this? I find this very interesting.
Old 29th January 2007
Gear Addict

emailing a 320MP3 @ 44.1khz to the client usually works just fine
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

Post MP3

It used to be that DG systems, a trafficker, wanted 192kbps MP3s. I think they will take something of a higher fidelity now.
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Nut

320 at 48 mp3 (email) OR 48/16 on CD OR a DAT. I was talking to an engineer at a national radio station here, he said it really doesnt matter coz wen they get the spots, they usually process them some more and convert them to 192 mp3's before going on air. I dunno wut they do in the US, but this station is american/british run. So i guess the higher quality u send it the better it will sound after all that processing and conversion.
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Addict

I send at 320kbps 44.1k. I've sent less to clients who are still on dial up. I even have clients who don't have email, (freaking dentist ) and want me to call em and make em listen over the phone !
Old 31st January 2007
Here for the gear

CD or mp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geert van den Berg View Post
It's been a while since I made broadcast copies for radio, but I believe here in Holland the delivery requirements are still a DAT or a CD.

Can anyone confirm this? I find this very interesting.
Hallo Geert,

Well I can confirm this - but that's based on my own experience.
People still do want it on cd. When it's an urgent order, I send it via e-mail in 320kbps 44.100 kHz mp3, but I mostly always get the request to send a cd later on with a wavefile.
However, what Gibby said, most stations convert it to another file, (like mp2 or mp3) also here in Holland. I think they just want the source to be as good as possible.

But ok, I don't have experience from many years and many stations yet , so there might be something to add to this story.

Greetz,

Milan

thumbsup
Old 31st January 2007
Gear Nut

nowadays where webspace is cheap and downloads become faster by the minute we deliever 16/44.1khz aiff´s especially for our
international customers who can´t wait for UPS
mp3´s only during layout

Last edited by vandertone; 31st January 2007 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: nothing special on tv
Old 2nd February 2007
Gear Addict

Mp3 / 256kbps / 44.1kHz
Unless they request it otherwise.
Usually via email unless there are several or larger files (radio shows) then via DigiDelivery or FTP.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search