The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor now available
Old 7th October 2015
Gear Nut

RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor now available

Hi folks,

I wanted to give you all a heads up that RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor is now available.

We've extended the free trial period to 30 days, for anyone wishing to evaluate the new features, which include:
  • De-plosive module
  • Leveler module (new Leveling, De-Ess and De-Breath algorithms)
  • Ambience Match (new Audiosuite plug-in)
  • Instant Process tool
  • Module Chain module
  • Clip-by-clip and handles support for all RX Audiosuite plug-ins
  • Corrective EQ (new EQ algorithms)
  • Signal Generator
  • Many more small, miscellaneous features

Rather than spam you with any additional information, I'd encourage you to head over to www.izotope.com/rx, and check it out for yourselves.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd be glad to help.

Kind regards,

Matt
Old 8th October 2015
Lives for gear

There already a long thread about it here:

Izotope, RX5, here we go again
Old 8th October 2015
Upgrade pricing

Hi,
What is the upgrade pricing from 4 advanced to 5 advanced?
Old 8th October 2015
Gear Maniac

Unfortunately not very interesting for Nuendoers. The first time I do not update RX immediately.
Old 8th October 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHines View Post

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd be glad to help.

Kind regards,

Matt
Matt,

I'm running RX4 Advanced + Insight. Can I run the RX5 Advanced Demo without screwing up my existing license(s)?

thanks.

-paul.
Old 8th October 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfigg View Post
Matt,

I'm running RX4 Advanced + Insight. Can I run the RX5 Advanced Demo without screwing up my existing license(s)?

thanks.

-paul.
You sure can.

RX 5 Advanced doesn't overwrite, so you'll see it installed side by side, with RX 4 fully authorized and RX 5 running as a trial.
Old 8th October 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottage Lunch View Post
Hi,
What is the upgrade pricing from 4 advanced to 5 advanced?
The upgrade price from RX 4 Advanced to RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor is currently $299.

For anyone who's interested, there is more detailed information here.
Old 8th October 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
You sure can.

RX 5 Advanced doesn't overwrite, so you'll see it installed side by side, with RX 4 fully authorized and RX 5 running as a trial.
Thanks, Matt.
Old 8th October 2015
Lives for gear

Hi Matt,

Has the connect feature been improved on in Nuendo ?
Could we now send out multiple clips to RX in a single pass ?
Old 8th October 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemix View Post
Hi Matt,

Has the connect feature been improved on in Nuendo ?
Could we now send out multiple clips to RX in a single pass ?
Hi Andrew,

We were able to make some small stability and workflow tweaks that should improve the general usability of RX Connect in Nuendo. You may notice some small differences if you download the trial of RX 5 (it doesn't overwrite or replace RX 4).

We continue to investigate possible solutions to the limitations under which RX Connect operates, but at this time it is not possible to send multiple clips to RX in a single pass in Nuendo.

As you're using the trial of RX 5, please feel free to reach out here or to me personally via [email protected] should you have any further questions!
Old 8th October 2015
Lives for gear

A note to VST users: As far as I can tell the Ambience Match plugin is only for Pro Tools. It does indicate that on the webpage but I was hoping it would work as a VST as well. Even so it still works magic and has some interesting presets.
Old 9th October 2015
Here for the gear

I spent a bit of time today running RX 4 Advanced and the trial version of RX 5 Advanced side by side on the same screen. As iZotope's Matt Hines has pointed out above, this does not create any conflict issues.

Also, I watched iZotope's very helpful videos, as well as Mike Thornton's, on RX 5 and RX Post Production Suite.

First, some comments on pricing if one is thinking of going from RX 4 Advanced to RX 5 Advanced, and possibly RX Post Production Suite.

Up to and including October 21, purchasing RX 5 Advanced will cost $300, which is $50 less than the price starting October 22.

For RX 4 Advanced licensees, the price for RX Post Production Suite will be $600. RX Post Production Suite consists of RX 5 Advanced plus RX Final Mix.

The price of RX Final Mix by itself is $300, so there is no saving. However, if one is interested in a subscription to Groove3 training or sounds from Pro Sound Effects, purchase of RX Post Production Suite includes the following:

First, a one year subscription to Groove3, for which Groove3 currently wants $150.

Secondly, 50 credits at Pro Sound Effects, which is worth somewhere between $60 and $250 depending on what plan one would otherwise purchase: Pro Sound Effects

My preliminary view is that the decision whether to purchase RX 5 Advanced is highly personal. Unlike the upgrade to RX 4 Advanced from RX 3, RX 5 does not seem to offer important new substantive features. What it does offer, depending on one's working style, pressures and the nature of one's projects, is the prospect of saving time. It also offers noticeable graphic improvement to the interface.

If one is tempted to purchase RX Post Production Suite (that is, to add RX Final Mix), and want a year's access to Groove3 training and/or Pro Studio Sound Effects, the offer seems to be quite attractive. What I'd like to know, from iZotope, is whether purchase of RX Post Production Suite will preclude one from purchasing RX 6 Advanced at the same price as an upgrade from RX 5 Advanced to RX 6 Advanced. If I recall correctly, when Adobe Creative Suite was a stand-alone product, it was basically impossible to scale back to, e.g. Photoshop, requiring one to abandon one's CS license and buy a new, full price, Photoshop license. I do not want to go from RX 4 Advanced to RX Post Production Suite, only to discover a year from now that my only upgrade is to the next version of Post Production Suite, and that if I want to go from RX 5 Post Production Suite to RX 6 Advanced, I will have to buy an RX 6 Advanced license at a price higher than an RX 5 Advanced to RX 6 Advanced upgrade. Of course, the foregoing assumes that iZotope's RX products will be available for purchase, rather than monthly rental, by the time that RX 6 comes out, presumably next fall

I'm really interested in reading comments from others, and Mr. Hines's comments on the upgrade path when his company releases RX 6 Advanced.

Last edited by wadden; 9th October 2015 at 02:10 AM.. Reason: Correction of product name
Old 9th October 2015
Lives for gear

Izotope 5 rx advanced is 299 as an upgrade from rx 4 advanced. I think, on its own, rx 5 advanced is 999
Old 9th October 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadden View Post
For RX 4 Advanced licensees, the price for RX Pro Studio Suite will be $600. RX Pro Studio Suite consists of RX 5 Advanced plus RX Final Mix.

The price of RX Final Mix by itself is $300, so there is no saving.
There are some additional products in the RX Post Production Suite. The full suite includes:

1) RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor ($1199)
2) RX Final Mix ($299)
3) RX Loudness Control ($349)
4) Insight ($499, included with RX 5 Advanced)
5) Groove 3 ($150)
6) Pro Sound Effects ($ depending, as you correctly point out).
Old 9th October 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncross View Post
Izotope 5 rx advanced is 299 as an upgrade from rx 4 advanced. I think, on its own, rx 5 advanced is 999
If your comment is in response to my post, that is what I said:

"First, some comments on pricing if one is thinking of going from RX 4 Advanced to RX 5 Advanced, and possibly RX Post Production Suite."

Last edited by wadden; 9th October 2015 at 02:10 AM.. Reason: Correction of product name
Old 9th October 2015
Lives for gear

I might be totally missing it, but opened up the regular version and went straight for amb match and .... nothing.

kind of crying inside.

RX5 Regular is skipping this feature? Thought it was an RX4 Adv -> RX5 regular move.
Old 9th October 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
There are some additional products in the RX Post Production Suite. The full suite includes:

1) RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor ($1199)
2) RX Final Mix ($299)
3) RX Loudness Control ($349)
4) Insight ($499, included with RX 5 Advanced)
5) Groove 3 ($150)
6) Pro Sound Effects ($ depending, as you correctly point out).
Hi Matt,

This is what I said:

"First, some comments on pricing if one is thinking of going from RX 4 Advanced to RX 5 Advanced, and possibly RX Post Production Suite."

Those of us who are already using RX 4 Advanced are your most obvious customers, and personally it took me some time to figure out the pricing and additional features, including of RX Post Production Suite, and I am sharing my understanding on Gearslutz.

As I understand it, RX Post Production Suite is RX 5 Advanced plus RX Final Mix. In particular, your items 3) and 4) are already in RX 4 Advanced and are also obviously in RX 5 Advanced. Your items 5) and 6) depend on purchasing RX Post Production Suite, which amounts to purchasing RX Final Mix at its regular price of $300, but includes, if one is interested, one year of Groove3 access (for which Groove3 currently wants $150) and 50 credits of Pro Sound Effects sounds (which would cost $60 to $250 depending on plan) as incentives.

If one is interested only in going from RX 4 Advanced to RX 5 Advanced, the cost is $300 until October 21, after which it will be $350. So the incentive to buy now is $50.

If one is interested in RX Post Production Suite (which amounts to adding RX Final Mix), there is no saving over the current price of $300 unless one is interested in the incentive offerings involving Groove3 and/or Pro Sound Effects, in which case the incentives could make the addition of RX Final Mix more interesting. The big question is what buying into RX Post Production Suite means for the cost of future upgrades. Matt, I am very interested in your reply on this issue to my first post. Your reply will be a consideration in whether I give RX Final Mix, which has to this point been controversial, a trial until RX 6 Advanced comes out. I have no interest in being told, if I want to abandon RX Post Production Suite (which cutting through the marketing nomenclature means RX 5 Advanced + Final Mix), that I have to purchase a new license for RX 6 Advanced. This is something that Adobe used to do, and no amount of Groove3 or Pro Sound Effect incentives could get me to buy in.

Isn't the foregoing what I said already? Am I missing anything?

Last edited by wadden; 9th October 2015 at 02:12 AM.. Reason: Correction of product name
Old 9th October 2015
Lives for gear

Upgrading from 4advanced to 5 advanced is a good way to get a second copy for really cheap.
Old 9th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevarela View Post
I might be totally missing it, but opened up the regular version and went straight for amb match and .... nothing.

kind of crying inside.

RX5 Regular is skipping this feature? Thought it was an RX4 Adv -> RX5 regular move.
Nope. Ambience match is still only in the advanced version. Regular version does get the de-reverb now though.
Old 9th October 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
As I understand it, RX Post Production Suite is RX 5 Advanced plus RX Final Mix. In particular, your items 3) and 4) are already in RX 4 Advanced and are also obviously in RX 5 Advanced.

If one is interested in RX Post Production Suite (which amounts to adding RX Final Mix), there is no saving over the current price of $300 unless one is interested in the incentive offerings involving Groove3 and/or Pro Sound Effects, in which case the incentives could make the addition of RX Final Mix more interesting.
First and foremost… thank you for both the post and the honest questions.

Item 3, RX Loudness Control ($349) is not in RX 4 or 5 Advanced, and is an Audiosuite plug-in and Adobe Extension, with many features that make it a more comprehensive tool for people working within Pro Tools, Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro than the Loudness module in RX. These include the following:

1) Generate a loudness report in .CSV
2) Supports surround sound, up to 5.1
3) Available on the Adobe CC platform and as an Audiosuite DPM/AAX plug-in
4) New, faster loudness algorithm (still with industry-leading accuracy), in addition to also having the algorithm that’s in RX 4 and RX 5 Advanced.
5) Supports the EBU R128 s1 standard, and other standards that use Short-term and Momentary 

I appreciate this isn’t clear on the website, and I’ll endeavor to make it clearer. You’re absolutely correct however, that if you’re not using the Pro Tools or Adobe ecosystems and have no need for RX Loudness Control, then the value for you to weigh is the remainder of the suite.

Quote:
The big question is what buying into RX Post Production Suite means for the cost of future upgrades. Matt, I am very interested in your reply on this issue to my first post. Your reply will be a consideration in whether I give RX Final Mix, which has to this point been controversial, a trial until RX 6 Advanced comes out. I have no interest in being told, if I want to abandon RX Post Production Suite that I have to purchase a new license for RX 6 Advanced. This is something that Adobe used to do, and no amount of Groove3 or Pro Sound Effect incentives could get me to buy in.
I definitely understand where you’re coming from here. In the coming months, we will be planning future product offerings, and during that timeframe we will be identifying the different upgrade path options. As such, I’m not able to say what will actually be offered or priced at this time, but rest assured that in the future, should we release RX 6 Advanced, there will always be appropriate and accommodating upgrade/crossgrade pathways for all users. I’m also looking at what, over the coming years, we can bring to RX 5 in the form of any updates, long before we consider moving to version 6.

Your feedback now and in the future will be instrumental in helping guide this.
Old 9th October 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
I’m also looking at what, over the coming years, we can bring to RX 5 in the form of any updates, long before we consider moving to version 6.
Well, it again begs the question of whether you have stopped development of RX4. With only one update (to my knowledge) which didn't solve the issues for Nuendo specifically, it seems pretty optimistic to believe that any outstanding issues in RX5 would be fixed within its lifetime (given that poor track record).

So perhaps you can just be frank here and let us know if RX4 is done or not?
Old 9th October 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
First and foremost… thank you for both the post and the honest questions.

Item 3, RX Loudness Control ($349) is not in RX 4 or 5 Advanced, and is an Audiosuite plug-in and Adobe Extension, with many features that make it a more comprehensive tool for people working within Pro Tools, Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro than the Loudness module in RX. These include the following:

1) Generate a loudness report in .CSV
2) Supports surround sound, up to 5.1
3) Available on the Adobe CC platform and as an Audiosuite DPM/AAX plug-in
4) New, faster loudness algorithm (still with industry-leading accuracy), in addition to also having the algorithm that’s in RX 4 and RX 5 Advanced.
5) Supports the EBU R128 s1 standard, and other standards that use Short-term and Momentary 

I appreciate this isn’t clear on the website, and I’ll endeavor to make it clearer. You’re absolutely correct however, that if you’re not using the Pro Tools or Adobe ecosystems and have no need for RX Loudness Control, then the value for you to weigh is the remainder of the suite.
Thanks for this clarification. I erroneously read your earlier post as referring to different aspects of Insight. As I use Final Cut and Logic, this plug-in isn't useful to me, but I can see that it might well be for others.
Old 9th October 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
Well, it again begs the question of whether you have stopped development of RX4. With only one update (to my knowledge) which didn't solve the issues for Nuendo specifically, it seems pretty optimistic to believe that any outstanding issues in RX5 would be fixed within its lifetime (given that poor track record).

So perhaps you can just be frank here and let us know if RX4 is done or not?
Currently, we don't have plans to update earlier versions of RX, and this is mainly because we haven't been made aware of major issues occurring with updates to OS's & DAWs/NLEs.

With that said, if there was a major issue with a recent version of our products running on an updated Win/Mac OS, such as El Capitan, we would investigate to understand what the fix would be.
Old 9th October 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
Currently, we don't have plans to update earlier versions of RX, and this is mainly because we haven't been made aware of major issues occurring with updates to OS's & DAWs/NLEs.
Thanks for making that clear then. I think it is fairly bad that you sold RX 4 under the pretense that it would work for all DAWs listed at the time, only to then abandon it after only one update which didn't fix some of the problems.

To be fair, it seems to be par for the course for software developers these days, so I suppose it's only fair to expect the same of you guys. And other than that it's a fine product. But that is still a poor way of doing business. I certainly will pursue other options given that track record.

I hope others will be happy with RX 5 however.
Old 10th October 2015
HTML Code:
The upgrade price from RX 4 Advanced to RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor is currently $299.
Why is the upgrade for 4 to 5 the same as versions 1-3?
There should be a discount if you already have 4 in my opinion, can you answer why this is not the case?

Stephan Carrier
Old 10th October 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedisteph View Post
HTML Code:
There should be a discount if you already have 4 in my opinion, can you answer why this is not the case?

Stephan Carrier
+1 on this!
Old 10th October 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedisteph View Post
HTML Code:

Stephan Carrier
As an owner of RX 4 Advanced, I think the policy they've adopted is progressive.
Old 10th October 2015
HTML Code:
As an owner of RX 4 Advanced, I think the policy they've adopted is progressive.
Please explain.

Steph
Old 10th October 2015
Gear Nut

The upgrade price from prior versions of RX Advanced to RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor is a consistent $299 (promo).

It's a delicate balance, for sure. On this forum and others, we've heard extensively from users who feel strongly they shouldn't be penalized for skipping a major version release, and prefer simpler pricing as opposed to a more nuanced pricing structure.

With RX 5, we were able to change the free trial period, extending it from 10 to 30 days of use, in the hope that this would at least allow people more time to experience the software and decide if this particular update was a good fit for them and their workflow.
Old 10th October 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
The upgrade price from prior versions of RX Advanced to RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor is a consistent $299 (promo).

It's a delicate balance, for sure. On this forum and others, we've heard extensively from users who feel strongly they shouldn't be penalized for skipping a major version release, and prefer simpler pricing as opposed to a more nuanced pricing structure.

With RX 5, we were able to change the free trial period, extending it from 10 to 30 days of use, in the hope that this would at least allow people more time to experience the software and decide if this particular update was a good fit for them and their workflow.
So I guess in retrospect, instead of looking at the glass half empty, it's half full.

Makes sense. Although If I had known this I would have waited on getting RX4 Advanced a few months ago. But I did need it on a film and it DID help and paid for itself first few days of using the Amb Match.
📝 Reply