The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Post Production forum

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 240 views: 190,780
georgia 9th December 2017

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 118 views: 348,714
vhollund 31st January 2017

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 45 views: 59,254
kirito 27th December 2016

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 79,997
saemola 15th August 2016

Anyone have thoughts on this pairing? The sub they originally made to go with the 4328s is discontinued

breaktheory
replies: 25 views: 920
minister 3 hours ago

Really awesome sound design in this series, especially for the documentary genre. It was obviously a lot of work and very...

ggegan
replies: 15 views: 691
itsyourself 4 hours ago

Hello Post Slutz I am looking for a inexpensive camcorder with audio in that works in less than bright situations. It’s not...

firby
replies: 3 views: 251
minister 4 hours ago

I'm hearing the shortcomings of my usual EQ plug-ins and just spent the morning listening and comparing these: Avid...

NReichman
replies: 20 views: 710
Dragomir 8 hours ago

Hi all, I'm a picture editor for commercials, tv and features - but over the years as lots of content has been driving towards...

billy1234
replies: 7 views: 389
philper 18 hours ago

I'm trying to angle a center speaker (B&W CM2) from a shelf above my monitor down towards the listening position...I'm using...

breaktheory
replies: 6 views: 280
sailor 1 day ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,335 views: 228,773
trexbeverly 1 day ago

Ok - so I have a predicament - I am so used to having 3 screens (sound miner, edit, picture) I’m not thrilled with the idea of...

breaktheory
replies: 14 views: 797
Wizzomixer 1 day ago

One thing I have never got an explanation or answer for - is what happens to out of vision dialogue when it's taken out for...

sitbh
replies: 8 views: 429
kosmokrator 1 day ago

No spoilers here - just sound talk! I saw The Last Jedi yesterday in a Dolby Atmos theater and was wondering what your thoughts...

celticrogues
replies: 16 views: 1,107
Mundox 2 days ago

The JBL Intonato price point appears to be hard to beat. 24 i/o digital analog...Anyone have any thoughts on the quality of the...

piratepost
replies: 59 views: 3,865
Eganmedia 2 days ago

Hi everyone! Sorry for the bad english, not native! I've been mixing in surround for some years and for the past few months...

sm0g
replies: 7 views: 587
SDDP 2 days ago

For many years I have been a die hard ICON user and have long thought the s3 to be a step down. However with recent EUCON...

Jamie Mac
replies: 37 views: 2,470
brandoncross 2 days ago

Hey ButtonHeads! I've been searching the web high and low for an audio conforming tool for Pro Tools or a standalone...

3rdwave
replies: 9 views: 712
nucelar 3 days ago

After being in our current facility for 8 years and having upgraded our control surfaces, plugins and mic locker, thought it was...

greatgonzo
replies: 49 views: 4,113
jwh1192 3 days ago

Just received my TC ELECTRONIC CLARITY M meter. Nice. seems quick / responsive. easy to use. switching between live audio...

georgia
replies: 51 views: 8,122
Rami Hashash 4 days ago

I am working on a deal with an (older) Fairlight console and am wondering how the buy out is working out now that the entire...

RobinL
replies: 22 views: 948
smurfyou 5 days ago

Hi, I am a Mac/Pro Tools user and I'm trying to decide if I should get Source Connect Pro or something else. I need the ability...

Oliverkit
replies: 1 views: 342
iluvcapra 6 days ago

I've followed the similar threads here on this problem already, but I'm still going to put this out there: The video editor is...

johnnyvn
replies: 9 views: 357
philper 1 week ago

At yesterdays Mix Magazine/ Sony Pictures "Mix Sound For Film" event I had a private demo of the new Yamaha MMP1 Studio...

dr.sound
replies: 11 views: 1,668
Fredo 1 week ago

How does Conformalizer work? Is it like PluralEyes?

asterix2k10
replies: 1 views: 339
minister 1 week ago

I was thinking of trying this out in order to capture some nice foley sounds and I thought first it might be a good idea to do my...

Spectralgeth
replies: 25 views: 783
jwh1192 1 week ago

Hello, I am reaching back in time to restore some Fairlight MT files. Some are on Exabyte and some are available via...

Cottage Lunch
replies: 2 views: 270
smurfyou 1 week ago

Guys, something big is coming from TC rockout

studioton
replies: 4 views: 1,043
Dejanco 1 week ago

Whether it's during tracking, mixing, or whenever, what are your favorite ways/methods/gear/plug ins/tape tricks etc of making...

DaveMuBai
replies: 3 views: 397
Jay Rose 1 week ago

Hi, I got no support answer from the officials so I write it here. Such a bug report. Using latest osx, latest RX Advanced...

Lukas Tvrdon
replies: 6 views: 596
TheMuffinMan01 1 week ago

As I mentioned in a previous thread that was deleted by the moderator, I'm selling my 5.1 system and am planning on using some of...

ggegan
replies: 21 views: 922
TheMuffinMan01 1 week ago

Hey Gang, Sorry if this is a repeat thread... I've got an S3, Avid Dock on a Sierra Mac running Eucon 3.5 and...

Jesse Peterson
replies: 10 views: 910
JGM 1 week ago

Hi, Received a master/clone copy with Premiere Pro Project of the feature I am to do post production on. I don't use...

3evil3mpire
replies: 0 views: 294
3evil3mpire 1 week ago

Hi, is there a possibility to export a Resolve 14 time-line to Pro Tools ? I am not talking about such sophisticated...

Kuba_Pietrzak
replies: 8 views: 547
jwh1192 1 week ago

Audio guys sometimes use a "null test" to check for the side effects of audio processing. The processed audio file is...

Nonlinear
replies: 5 views: 527
The Cargo Cult 1 week ago

Hello and happy new year from Hamburg/ Germany! Here are my best wishes for you and your families for 2018! I have a little...

Hamburg
replies: 1 views: 476
Sprkd1 2 weeks ago

Hey all I'm using Protools HD and Final Cut Pro X. Until now I've delivered 5.1 mixes with each channel as their own wave file....

imgoinmad
replies: 5 views: 681
jwh1192 2 weeks ago

Star Wars Sound Architect Ben Burtt Finds Himself in the Outer Rim | Vanity Fair Found this kind of sad. While I agree it's...

RecRoom
replies: 9 views: 1,521
Henchman 2 weeks ago

Christopher Nolan Breaks Silence on 'Interstellar' Sound (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter

dr.sound
replies: 119 views: 12,189
RobinL 2 weeks ago

Hey All, I often receive video files from clients (wedding videos, advertisements, etc.) where the video is good but they want...

Nonlinear
replies: 15 views: 658
reynaud 2 weeks ago

I was sent a video file some time back for "fixing" that had a strange audio sync problem. The audio was in perfect...

Nonlinear
replies: 11 views: 402
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

If I need to create an M+E, is the best way to do this by manually cutting out the dialogue (then adding more sfx as needed) or...

asterix2k10
replies: 10 views: 948
Henchman 2 weeks ago

Hey, I hope this is the right place. Couldn't find a similar topic so I thought I'd ask. Where do you guys host your...

SamBP
replies: 3 views: 555
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

Hi guys. I work in a post studio with 6 workstations in a Mac environment. We're considering getting the Synology NAS (1817+,...

6foot4design
replies: 6 views: 783
iluvcapra 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, we are upgrading our 2.0 TV Mixroom (roughly 9m x 5m x 3,5m) to 5.1 and want to upgrade our Monitoring as well....

Heni40
replies: 17 views: 4,005
Bugstone 3 weeks ago

Hi there, I mainly mix in stereo, but I have an upcoming project that I need to mix in 5.1. My interface is an Apollo Twin....

Jondicott
replies: 4 views: 471
Sonic Mafia 3 weeks ago

I've been asked to provide documentation of sound designers with main title credits on theatrical features in the last 4-5 years....

iluvcapra
replies: 30 views: 1,906
michaelfbates 3 weeks ago

Can anyone recommend an ADR spotting program that is capable of running in Snow Leopard? Does anyone have ADR Manager running...

stustan
replies: 24 views: 3,326
iluvcapra 3 weeks ago

i want to get the qsc screen channel speakers for my post room, and put them behind the perforated screen. i already have the...

cebolao
replies: 10 views: 1,206
dr.sound 3 weeks ago

not sure what the new features are, but: Broadcast Loudness Meter Plugin - WLM | Waves The Waves WLM Plus Loudness Meter...

cebolao
replies: 10 views: 4,173
phaz 4 weeks ago

They all do 1770-3 and the difference is probably next to nothing, but isn’t 1770-4 out for almost a Year now?

pethenis
replies: 11 views: 816
pethenis 4 weeks ago
replies: - views: -
BobStrop 4 weeks ago

Hi All, I might be interested in buying a used dns2000 unit and wrote to cedar about how I would be able to get the DNS CS...

Jamie Mac
replies: 7 views: 744
Jamie Mac 4 weeks ago

I’m a designer but it’s nice to have access to a nice limiter compressor and reverb - fab filter and mcdsp are both having a...

breaktheory
replies: 2 views: 654
ggegan 4 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search