The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Post Production forum

Options
Views: 7,881
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 240 views: 187,186
georgia 1 week ago

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 118 views: 345,410
vhollund 31st January 2017

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 45 views: 58,215
kirito 27th December 2016

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 78,696
saemola 15th August 2016

The JBL Intonato price point appears to be hard to beat. 24 i/o digital analog...Anyone have any thoughts on the quality of the...

piratepost
replies: 42 views: 2,619
pentagon 2 hours ago

Star Wars Sound Architect Ben Burtt Finds Himself in the Outer Rim | Vanity Fair Found this kind of sad. While I agree it's...

RecRoom
replies: 2 views: 257
philper 12 hours ago

Hey everybody! Aspiring film composer, inexperienced mixer/producer here with a newb question about mixing high bells/gongs and...

Saladface
replies: 1 views: 215
Newmann 20 hours ago

Yo, whats up? I was wondering if Adobe Audition has any relevance or stronghold when it comes to post production for film, tv...

Hip Hop Head
replies: 5 views: 303
PatrickFaith 1 day ago

Hey folks, I work in a VO studio and there's some old kit lying about they want rid off... I've found an old Comm-Tec MX-3232A...

awrmacd
replies: 5 views: 367
iluvcapra 1 day ago

Hi, I have recently started to do post production for some short movies and I have following question. When mixing a 5.1...

locationsoundvie
replies: 16 views: 539
philper 1 day ago

It’s for a small room just for editing but I want to grow - I have jbl LSR4328 setellites - Sub $2k

breaktheory
replies: 2 views: 298
Thomas W. Bethe 1 day ago

Hey y'all! I'm compiling a lecture for young and (interested) seasoned colleagues about facing and mastering QC issues. Just to...

tom chapman
replies: 37 views: 1,432
kosmokrator 1 day ago

I’m a designer but it’s nice to have access to a nice limiter compressor and reverb - fab filter and mcdsp are both having a...

breaktheory
replies: 1 views: 273
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,329 views: 226,854
subbasshead 2 days ago

Hi, at the moment I'm looking for a Mac based sound-search tool and ended by BaseHead and SoundMiner which have near the same...

nott
replies: 36 views: 1,366
Andrew Mottl 2 days ago

i did a quick search here on GS but couldn't find any threads... what do you guys use to convert mp4 files to...

cebolao
replies: 22 views: 4,016
Martinling 2 days ago

i need an iphone mic to record usable sound effects. i never carry sounddevices with me, and i always have my iphone. and...

cebolao
replies: 13 views: 645
iluvcapra 3 days ago

I've been asked to provide documentation of sound designers with main title credits on theatrical features in the last 4-5 years....

iluvcapra
replies: 28 views: 1,181
iluvcapra 3 days ago

I am considering spreading the dialogue across LCR a little (10%?) instead of just sending it to the center speaker. One reason...

asterix2k10
replies: 26 views: 1,153
ThisIsSka 4 days ago

Christopher Nolan Breaks Silence on 'Interstellar' Sound (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter

dr.sound
replies: 118 views: 11,123
matt82aust 4 days ago

Any good tips for workflow, template (routing for deliverables) AND mixing the 5.1 (-24 LKFS, -6 dBFS TP) and stereo mixdown (-24...

pethenis
replies: 0 views: 251
pethenis 4 days ago

Hey guys, if you're looking for a professional sound archive for free with lots of sound collections for post production and...

CPS
replies: 3 views: 386
CPS 4 days ago

Ok, When did this change or is this something anyone else sees.... I'm mixing a feature and I added a Master Fader just to...

georgia
replies: 3 views: 405
georgia 4 days ago

I have recently mixed a low budget film that was shot almost entirely in India. It has been challenging. I am in a small sized...

BigSpringSound
replies: 6 views: 556
dr.sound 5 days ago

When I have to, I rent the Neyrinck plug-in. Any cheaper alternatives?

pethenis
replies: 15 views: 649
pethenis 6 days ago

Hi guys, I'm looking for a mic preamp for doing foley work. I've narrow down to these 3 choices. I hope you guys can give me...

sj2six
replies: 25 views: 3,256
asterix2k10 6 days ago

Is it common to add a hint of reverb to all the dialogue for a film mix? spread across 5.0 maybe? It was mostly recorded with...

asterix2k10
replies: 12 views: 1,131
asterix2k10 6 days ago

At what point do sync problems become noticeable? If I have a project with some sounds that got shifted around within about 5ms,...

asterix2k10
replies: 1 views: 221
Jay Rose 6 days ago

Hi everyone, I was recording the audio of a live concert, but before the concert there was a power failure. I thought...

pedromatz
replies: 6 views: 313
Andrew Mottl 6 days ago

Are there Microphones that work better than others for foley recordings ? I really want to get in the world of sound design and...

Dezibelzebub
replies: 16 views: 980
TheMuffinMan01 1 week ago

Hi, all, I am in the process of building a projector room in my post mixing room and since this is the first time I am dealing...

MiHu
replies: 3 views: 370
TheMuffinMan01 1 week ago

Anyone have thoughts on this pairing? The sub they originally made to go with the 4328s is discontinued

breaktheory
replies: 9 views: 410
NReichman 1 week ago

There is a new Fabfilter Limiter : FabFilter Pro-L 2 - Limiter Plug-In We have been using it on an Atmos mix and it is very...

dr.sound
replies: 12 views: 836
kosmokrator 1 week ago

Hi guys & girls, I've been mixing for quite a while now but still unsure about my production speed. I mixed 4 TVC's, two...

speakerfood
replies: 14 views: 521
mattiasnyc 1 week ago

Is there a standard when it comes to doing a final mix review for a film? Do you review in reels or conformed longplay? ...

BigSpringSound
replies: 21 views: 824
Garret 1 week ago

Hi guys, I've knocked a presonus monitor of it stand, and inside the magnet of the back has come off- is there any specific glue...

RileyJack1997
replies: 2 views: 267
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Working on a series...I'm switching to MJPEG A but past episodes on the timeline in my master template are still .h264? ...Do...

breaktheory
replies: 8 views: 345
apple-q 1 week ago

Does anyone use the time and pitch module in Izotope rx 6? The quality seems to be very good but is there anyway to change the...

junk box
replies: 2 views: 358
junk box 1 week ago

Has anyone used the new Dolby plugin to create LtRts? Is it even possible? thanks!

Mundox
replies: 0 views: 265
Mundox 1 week ago

Hey All, I want to start this by saying that I know this is a very low level question, just something I have never come across...

JoshCK
replies: 1 views: 214
pentagon 1 week ago

Hi, 5 minutes ago I was browsing the new product alert section, when i saw this innocent brusfri...

nucelar
replies: 16 views: 2,070
soundboy 1 week ago

Here is a link to the just released ATSC 3.0 Audio Information. Read up! Here comes Immersive Audio to you at...

dr.sound
replies: 12 views: 677
iluvcapra 1 week ago

Hello my friends. I'm looking for some free or open source noise reduction plugins. I've been using Waves X-Noise and it's...

mauriciogsf
replies: 5 views: 36,534
iluvcapra 1 week ago

For many years I have been a die hard ICON user and have long thought the s3 to be a step down. However with recent EUCON...

Jamie Mac
replies: 28 views: 1,547
Steven1145 1 week ago

PostProduction help please... Hey all, with the saturation of useless information out there, I cannot for the life of me find...

golden_ears
replies: 6 views: 560
golden_ears 1 week ago

Hey guys, I've written a review on the Zoom F8 for the German "Sound & Recording"-Magazine. While testing the...

Lemmi
replies: 50 views: 16,881
apple-q 1 week ago

Yesterday at the Mix Magazine/ Sony Pictures "Mix Sound For Film " event i was fortunate to have a private demo of the...

dr.sound
replies: 22 views: 2,000
mmmtastybusch 2 weeks ago

Is it a common practice to use something like Izotope dialogue de-noise on auto mode globally on the dialogue bus, provided it is...

asterix2k10
replies: 21 views: 702
brandoncross 2 weeks ago

Hey folks, Its rare to see ADAM P22A monitors for sale, but I have a very well taken care of pair for sale. If you are interested...

UncleTT
replies: 1 views: 276
UncleTT 2 weeks ago

If I need to create an M+E, is the best way to do this by manually cutting out the dialogue (then adding more sfx as needed) or...

asterix2k10
replies: 3 views: 340
Garret 2 weeks ago

A unique way of learning more about the art of filmmaking that might be useful both for aspiring film people / students and pros...

ManuG
replies: 0 views: 215
ManuG 2 weeks ago

Just received my TC ELECTRONIC CLARITY M meter. Nice. seems quick / responsive. easy to use. switching between live audio...

georgia
replies: 42 views: 6,636
Jamie Mac 2 weeks ago

A number of indie SFX creators - and the team at Soundly - have joined forces for this early Christmas Present: 300 SFX +...

aand
replies: 0 views: 255
aand 2 weeks ago

For Sound Editing, premixing and mixing for TV & Web. JBL 705p ATC SMC 12 pro Geithain RL 906 Which speakers would...

JuelzB
replies: 0 views: 233
JuelzB 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search