The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fabfilter Pro L-2 NEW Dynamics Plugins
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Fabfilter Pro L-2 NEW

There is a new Fabfilter Limiter :
FabFilter Pro-L 2 - Limiter Plug-In

We have been using it on an Atmos mix and it is very slick!
It has the ability to work in 7.1.2 !
"FabFilter Pro-L 2 features precise true peak level meters and extensive loudness metering with support for the EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-4 and ATSC A/85 standards. Combined with its unique real-time level display, you have all the information you need to achieve the best possible results."

Since I previously owned the Fabfilter Pro-L1 it was a very reasonable upgrade price! Log into your Fabfilter account to see what deals they have for you.

Definitely be using this on all Immersive Mixes along with 5.1 mixes.
Old 6 days ago
I have Pro-L1 atm and it's been great so far. I'll be upgrading for sure!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Nice, they're my favourite plug in company. Solid discount too. Now if they'd just update their reverb to multichannel...
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Nice plugin. I auditioned yesterday and bought it. I have a project in house that it should work well for.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Upgraded & so far its just OK.

Nice to have a Multichannel version with 5.1 channels visible & the added loudness side panel is OK, but I 'll just stick with Insight on my main mix bus.

What I really don't like is the jumping scrolling. Just found the selector on the lower right to adjust that.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.sound View Post
There is a new Fabfilter Limiter :
FabFilter Pro-L 2 - Limiter Plug-In

We have been using it on an Atmos mix and it is very slick!
It has the ability to work in 7.1.2 !
"FabFilter Pro-L 2 features precise true peak level meters and extensive loudness metering with support for the EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-4 and ATSC A/85 standards. Combined with its unique real-time level display, you have all the information you need to achieve the best possible results."

Since I previously owned the Fabfilter Pro-L1 it was a very reasonable upgrade price! Log into your Fabfilter account to see what deals they have for you.

Definitely be using this on all Immersive Mixes along with 5.1 mixes.
Martin, I watched a video in their website and did not quite understand the linking tools for multichannel. Does it give us to freely link channels and eventually sets individual tresh and celling levels?
Thanks
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcutz View Post
Martin, I watched a video in their website and did not quite understand the linking tools for multichannel. Does it give us to freely link channels and eventually sets individual tresh and celling levels?
Thanks
I was wondering about the 7.1.2 thing. Never seen any mixer actually use 7.1.2 busses on an Atmos mix.

Most of them use Objects to feed the ceiling and the LFE is a totally seperate bus for anyway. So most Atmos routings I'me seen are tracks to normal 7.0 busses for beds plus an LFE feed coming from a dbx or similar and then objects.

I've rarely seen mixers utilize the ceiling via the beds let alone have one 7.1.2 or 7.0.2 bus that needed one limiter on it. maybe for "cosmetic" limiting on the stem recorder to avoid the red light but otherwise...hm

But I guess people work differently...
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Same here. I don't see the overhead bed tracks being used. Most mixers want the flexibility of using Objects for that task.

That said, ATMOS does need a TP limiter.

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-q View Post
I was wondering about the 7.1.2 thing. Never seen any mixer actually use 7.1.2 busses on an Atmos mix.

Most of them use Objects to feed the ceiling and the LFE is a totally seperate bus for anyway. So most Atmos routings I'me seen are tracks to normal 7.0 busses for beds plus an LFE feed coming from a dbx or similar and then objects.

I've rarely seen mixers utilize the ceiling via the beds let alone have one 7.1.2 or 7.0.2 bus that needed one limiter on it. maybe for "cosmetic" limiting on the stem recorder to avoid the red light but otherwise...hm

Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-q View Post

correct me if I'm wrong, I have never done and atmos mix but wouldn't the 7.1.2 limiter just sit on the main mix bus?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I think it would sit on the sends to the RMU for each 7.1.2 bed (DX, FXs, MX)
Unfortunately, this wouldn't deal with post fader limiters on objects.

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncross View Post
correct me if I'm wrong, I have never done and atmos mix but wouldn't the 7.1.2 limiter just sit on the main mix bus?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncross View Post
There isn't really a main mix bus in Atmos. All your beds and objects (128 physical channels) flow into the RMU via MADI. You do have groups of objects and multiple beds but with regards to the routing inside PT most people I've seen keep the bed elements 7.0 plus LFE or 7.1 plus objects but rarely almost never actually pan stuff to the overheads from the bed tracks.

Which basically means you ever only need a 7.0 or 7.1 (pro limiter, Elixir, etc. etc) limiter as the maximum for a Atmos mix.

But then from a plugin mfg perspective if you make a new plugin it wouldn't make sense to stop at 7.1 from a marketing perspective.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraphonics View Post
I think it would sit on the sends to the RMU for each 7.1.2 bed (DX, FXs, MX)
Unfortunately, this wouldn't deal with post fader limiters on objects.

Randall
Some do create another aux to brickwall each object before it goes to the RMU. Thing is: The RMU doesn't contain any limiters so any re-renders that the RMU creates on it's output AFAIK is straight summing without limiting. So many objects at very hot level will probably still clip a 7.1 or 5.1 re-render.

But I guess people will go: If I can't hear it, it's fine ;-)
Old 3 days ago
mymixisbetterthanyours!

My guess is that 7.1.2 beds get more use now that upmixers to that format are available.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search