The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Looking for post sound recording (foley) on non-professional short film
Old 10th June 2016
Here for the gear

Looking for post sound recording (foley) on non-professional short film

Hi everyone,

I'll start off with a brief explanation of what I'm after and that way I'm not wasting anyone's time more than I need to!

Basically I made a small short film with a couple of friends and the sound was rubish so I'm seeing if anyone would be willing to do some sound recording without pay. I've not got high hopes, i understand that most people on here are either professional or highly knowledgable amateurs but I thought someone might fancy it as a practice or as an exercise. The film has been sat on my computer for a year and I'll never even put it on YouTube if we don't get the sound done.

We shot the film just as an exercise in filmmaking. No budget, my best friend acted and my girlfriend did make up and played a corpse. Its unlikely that I'll ever have the time to set up for Foley and do it myself so I thought it would be worth a shot. I'll put together a little bit of a score on GarageBand if it gets finished.

The basic premise is that a burglar robs a flat and finds a body, carries on robbing the house and is murdered by the killer who is still in the house.

There is no dialogue. Most of the sound needed is ambient and footsteps. The most complicated bit is where the burglar is beaten to death with a hammer.

We shot on a DSLR and RODE Videomic combo but sadly the amplification was up on both the camera and mic so we got an awful buzz. Also my downstairs neighbour had her TV up quite loud which I didn't realise until I was editing
📝 Reply