The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Working on a project realtime via Internet
Old 23rd July 2020
Working on a project realtime via Internet

Hey guys, probably not the best title of a thread...

I work with a production team on a song and we are in a different countries. I would like to be able to somehow connect with them with as best sound quality as we can. I use Cubase they use Logic, this is why we can’t use VST Connect from Steinberg. At present time, the most important thing is for them to hear what I have done in Cubase in realtime and with good quality instead of exporting and sending files, it is good to have realtime analysis of my production and go from there.

We have tried trial of Source Connect but were not able to connect with all the net ports and stuff, it is also a bit pricy.

Any other suggestion? What is the best way to do this?
Old 24th July 2020
Lives for gear
For me, next week's project is to put up a Jamulus server. It was recommended to me by a programmer friend of mine who jams with his band via the web. If someone in your group is willing to be the geek for this, then there's hope that you can all work together.
http://llcon.sourceforge.net/
Old 24th July 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtuned View Post
Hey guys, probably not the best title of a thread...

I work with a production team on a song and we are in a different countries. I would like to be able to somehow connect with them with as best sound quality as we can. I use Cubase they use Logic, this is why we can’t use VST Connect from Steinberg. At present time, the most important thing is for them to hear what I have done in Cubase in realtime and with good quality instead of exporting and sending files, it is good to have realtime analysis of my production and go from there.

We have tried trial of Source Connect but were not able to connect with all the net ports and stuff, it is also a bit pricy.

Any other suggestion? What is the best way to do this?
Reaper's ReaCast plugin is fairly low latency (around 2 seconds). It can stream to Shoutcast or Icecast. I'm using Icecast (private stream) to stream the master track of my Reaper. You have to set up and configure the Icecast server utility first which can then stream the output of ReaStream. ReaStream offers to pick the desired stream quality (kbps). I can't say if the stream format is OGG or MP3.

I don't think ReaStream is included in the ReaPlugs package which can be used with other DAWs than Reaper. As a workaround you could use Voxengo Recorder and a free virtual audio cable to feed audio from your regular DAW's master output to Reaper and then use ReaStream there.
Old 6th August 2020
Gear Head

Check out Source-Nexus Basic (Mac Only) (it is $125 once and done)
https://source-elements.com/products/source-nexus
Source-Nexus Basic runs as a VST/AU and AAX plugin and can feed any external appl such as Chrome......
combine Source-Nexus Basic with Source-Connect Now which is Free and runs on Chrome, No ports, low one-time price. bidirectional audio, low latency... etc etc... .
now.source-elements.com
source-elements tech support is really helpful if needed. .
Old 17th August 2020
Thanks all for the helpful recommendations. I will check them all out.
I have tried Audiomovers' Listen To with great success:
https://audiomovers.com/wp/

There is similar thing called Pedal:
https://www.miidbaby.com
Old 17th August 2020
Lives for gear

It's a good topic. I tried a couple of options. The location I tried from is rather remote, so latency scrapped it for me. For me, it's all about latency.
📝 Reply