The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mic recommendation live streaming w/single mic - rockabilly 50’s inspired band
Old 30th May 2020
Here for the gear

Mic recommendation live streaming w/single mic - rockabilly 50’s inspired band

I’ve started streaming my band on Facebook.

Question: I’m looking for a single room mic that could pick up the whole band. We’re we playing low volume and I’m singing in the room. We’re 50s inspired rock ‘n’ roll rockabilly band.

My mic budget is $250 to $350 looking for a mic that I could use for our stream and recording further down the road.

I already have a couple dynamic mics and one is a MXL R144 Ribbon mic they sound decent. I don’t have any condenser microphones and I’m not sure if that would be a good selection to pick up the whole band in a room. Basically: 1 Mic about 3-5 feet in front of us > Mixer > iPhone (Facebook live / YouTube live)

ps: I posted in the newbie section first but thought maybe it could be here too
Old 3rd June 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekirving View Post
I’ve started streaming my band on Facebook.

Question: I’m looking for a single room mic that could pick up the whole band. We’re we playing low volume and I’m singing in the room. We’re 50s inspired rock ‘n’ roll rockabilly band.

My mic budget is $250 to $350 looking for a mic that I could use for our stream and recording further down the road.

I already have a couple dynamic mics and one is a MXL R144 Ribbon mic they sound decent. I don’t have any condenser microphones and I’m not sure if that would be a good selection to pick up the whole band in a room. Basically: 1 Mic about 3-5 feet in front of us > Mixer > iPhone (Facebook live / YouTube live)

ps: I posted in the newbie section first but thought maybe it could be here too
Maybe something that is multipatterned like a used sE Electronics sE4400a?

Could try out different patterns depending on the band set up. I've a heard a lot of good things about that mic.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear