The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....
Old 11th April 2017
Lives for gear

Question All you slutz - let's see your transport.....

Bound to be other Gearslutz with an addiction for cars.

Got a couple of steeds on the Gogglehed ranch.

For lugging about (and Wifey's car) - an Insignia Estate.

My daily snotter is this - Porsche 996

What's everybody else running?

Dan
Old 11th April 2017
Gear Addict

Dude, you better watch it....looks like you're driving on the wrong side of the road!
Old 11th April 2017
I'm driving a Toyota Camry. It gets great gas mileage.
Old 12th April 2017
Lives for gear

The Insignia gets about 60 Mpg (bit short of its recommended 76).... On diseasil.....

Porsche, a little bit lower
Old 12th April 2017
Lives for gear

2016 F-150 twin turbo/long box. Rides like a caddy.
Attached Thumbnails
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-001.jpg  
Old 12th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavern View Post
2016 F-150 twin turbo/long box. Rides like a caddy.
You mean there is a good chance of getting seasick when cornering?
Old 13th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.F.F. View Post
You mean there is a good chance of getting seasick when cornering?
Don't know what you mean. Experienced drivers don't have cornering issues.
It isn't a Porsche though, its a work truck.
Old 13th April 2017
Lives for gear

Here's the whip.
The ladies love it, probably because it's a ladies car.

Old 13th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavern View Post
Don't know what you mean. Experienced drivers don't have cornering issues.
It isn't a Porsche though, its a work truck.
In Europe Cadillacs were famous for being so softly sprung and wallowy to drive that seasickness was a distinct possibility when driving on anything but a straight road (which we haven't got). :-)
Old 14th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
In Europe Cadillacs were famous for being so softly sprung and wallowy to drive that seasickness was a distinct possibility when driving on anything but a straight road (which we haven't got). :-)
That's funny. They should have come with a bottle of Gravol in the glove box.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Mini Cooper S for me.

His name is Rupert, after Mr Neve.

Last edited by Drumsound; 1 week ago at 12:32 AM..
Old 2 weeks ago
No pic handy but my ride is a Kia cee'd. They don't sell them in North America, but for those who watched the British Top Gear a few years back when it was still Clarkson & co, it was the model they used as the Reasonably Priced Car after the Suzuki Liana bit it.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

For these two years i am driving Chevrolet Spark from 2014. Could not afford more for car.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

40 seat limo
Attached Thumbnails
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-trolley.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

AMG all the way!

Also had the opportunity to go to the AMG Driving Academy at COTA last year. Going again this year at Laguna!

Also have a Can-am Spyder and a new BMW GS motorcycle. I am a MSF Instructor on the weekends...
Attached Thumbnails
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-img_2704.jpg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-img_2705.jpg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-img_2651.jpg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-trixie.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

An e46 BMW. Old enough to not make me look like a bank ****** and the prettiest 3 series imo.
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminIAm View Post
An e46 BMW. Old enough to not make me look like a bank ****** and the prettiest 3 series imo.
We have one iteration before that, a 328i from 1997. Great cars. Ours has almost 200 thousand kilometers on it and it's still perfect. Reliable, comfortable, a real pleasure to drive.

And I suppose you slutz are all riding with manual transmissions, right? You know, shifting gears and all!
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
And I suppose you slutz are all riding with manual transmissions, right? You know, shifting gears and all!
Damn straight!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

318ti here. Standard. Wonderful.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

2016 Isuzu Dmax (4x4): My pride and joy!

(not allowed to post pictures yet)
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I typically drive a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport (250k miles), but I'm paying for my better half's 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The chances of me ever owning a manual again are zero and I haven't had one for nearly 25 years.

I rather wear out my fingers on my analogue modular than doing something completely pointless like changing gears in a car that is not on a racetrack.
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
The chances of me ever owning a manual again are zero and I haven't had one for nearly 25 years.

I rather wear out my fingers on my analogue modular than doing something completely pointless like changing gears in a car that is not on a racetrack.
On city traffic I'll concede that automatic is definitely better, but only there.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
On city traffic I'll concede that automatic is definitely better, but only there.
Once in a while I'll be crawling through one of the LA canyons at rush hour in the rain and wonder why I ever thought a clutch was cool. Last winter it rained way more than normal. I did way more than the normal amount of wondering.
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Once in a while I'll be crawling through one of the LA canyons at rush hour in the rain and wonder why I ever thought a clutch was cool. Last winter it rained way more than normal. I did way more than the normal amount of wondering.
Fortunately I don't have to comute these days, which I'd say it's double-fortunate because besides the fact that traffic sucks there's our public transportation system which is beyond awful. The city where I live isn't as big as LA but it's huge anyway with over 5 million people and the infrastructure doesn't help.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
We have one iteration before that, a 328i from 1997. Great cars. Ours has almost 200 thousand kilometers on it and it's still perfect. Reliable, comfortable, a real pleasure to drive.

I've had one of those as well. E36 is slightly more reliable than the e46 actually, but I find the 46 a bit prettier. Either models are awesome cars though. Those straight sixes are some of the finest engines ever made.

Quote:

Quote:

I absolutely despise automatic transmissions. I hate the way the car feels disconnected from you somehow, like it has a mind of its own. It's also boring as hell imo.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminIAm View Post
I absolutely despise automatic transmissions. I hate the way the car feels disconnected from me somehow, like it has a mind of its own. It's also boring as hell imo.
Fixed it for ya!

With an automatic it is easy to control the the gearbox with your right foot and I have no idea why or how it could feel "like it has a mind of its own". Also manual is just annoying as f**k.
Old 3 days ago
Seriously - driving manual cars now outside of a racing scenario is like saying "I hate progress and technology."
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
Seriously - driving manual cars now outside of a racing scenario is like saying "I hate progress and technology."
Personally I hate failing auto transmissions that won't change gear when needed, or are nigh on impossible to push start with a flat battery. Not to mention the auto option on my dmax was several thousand dollars more expensive.

Saying that, I do quite like toyota's CVT for windy roads in the countryside but it wasn't an option.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

I can finally add pictures!

Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search