The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Anyone else own a motorcycle!?
Old 16th August 2017
Lives for gear

Anyone else own a motorcycle!?

Just curious as I've only been into the game a year, but am building a 1970 BSA B25 into something better than how I got it!! (It showed up in about 40 milk crates).

Anyone else into bikes!!??

alexP
Old 17th August 2017
I was very close to buying a bike but I passed up the opportunity as I was getting ready to move. I've always wanted one but time passed me by.

After I retired, I still wanted one but it was a toss up between either riding all the time and not having time for all the other things I love to do, or settling for more time to do the things I want to do.

I also thought, if I ever became severely injured I'd be really screwed and still wouldn't be able to do all the things that I do.

So there went my dream owning a Harley. :(
Old 20th August 2017
Lives for gear

I was in the same boat as you. I figured now that I'm in my forties, I'm going to behave on it. I just have to keep my eye open for all the other muppets on the road!!!

alexP
Old 20th August 2017
No doubt. Riding in the wind is like no other feeling out there. Have fun.
Old 23rd August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
No doubt. Riding in the wind is like no other feeling out there. Have fun.
Thank you sir! Not this year, but will be ready to go for next year! So I can't wait!

alexP
Old 29th August 2017
Yes, two Honda CB-350F one CB-500 a Suzuki GS-750 and a Kawa GPZ-750. I did all the maintenance, repair myself. I had rebuilt the CB-350F from two bikes, that was my favorite. It was loud, fast at top speed, and you could throw it into a corner like a hare would when chased. The polar opposite; that Kawa was dangerous. Unpredictable when the tires were not at perfect tension. It had a weird lateral movement when that was the case, at speed. Like aquaplaning. It seems it was "normal" for that bike.
The roads here became too crowded, the idiots watched "Fast and Furious" and built fast cars. And then, my last bike was torched in the street here, and I focussed on building a studio after. Also some crazy things happened, when I worked for a bike rental company. I figured my guardian Angel was a bit overworked and I shouldn't push my luck. So I quit.
But I'll probably buy one, some time. Bikes are fun!
Old 5th September 2017
I ride one of these. This is not my one though it is the exact colors. It's a 2004 Kawasaki Concours. It's basically a Ninja 1000 modified for touring. It's rediculously fast! Faster accelerating than you'd ever need to go, and the gear ratios are changed from the Ninja to have more low end and smoother torque. It also has longer travel cushy suspension. If it were a car it would be a Panamera I guess. It has a 4 cylinder engine thats the size of VW Jetta's!

The big windsheild, fairing, and peg position allow you to sit straight up instead of hunched over. It will let you go 0-140 in seconds and this is the tamer ninja 1000 lol. It's got a high center of gravity for any bike, sort of like a BMW k1200. It's 110 horsepower! thats a **** ton on a bike. Imagine sitting completely upright and passing Ferraris while feeling no wind or bumps at all. I try to take it easy on it though when you do look at the speedo its usually at 100 Truck wakes push it side to side, because the high front splits all the wind instead of sliding above like a sport bike.

It is an advanced bike to ride because of the high center of gravity and its just so heavy. You can barely walk it forward or backwards. The high center of gravity means you have to really know what your doing at speeds under 30. You don't toss this thing around at those speeds like a scooter. (which are way fun too) On the Concours forum its like a rite of passage for everyone to tip this bike over once at crawling speeds and I did my first week on it too. I was practically standing still and tried to roll it over a 1/2 inch curb and down she went. Only time I've ever been down on a bike. This is my 5th bike.

I'm not the guy in the pic btw, I dont have any good pics of mine, and I wish it was that shiny although he does have that dumb short windsheild on it. Most of them including mine have the big sheild seen in the the other pic. You still look over it though, not through it.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone else own a motorcycle!?-maxresdefault.jpg   Anyone else own a motorcycle!?-2006-kawasaki-concours-1_800x0w.jpg  

Last edited by StarfishMusic; 5th September 2017 at 06:13 AM..
Old 12th September 2017
Gear Maniac
I rode a little bit when I was young, and finally got back into it this summer! I bought a beat up '86 Honda Rebel 450 in the spring, remembered how much I love riding, and quickly moved up to a Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom.

The V Star is a great bike, I like the style, but it won't be my last one. It will be a while before I can afford the Low Rider I really want though!

I am in the mountains of Idaho and we have hundreds of miles of amazing mountain roads and passes to ride, with very little traffic. On my last day trip I actually counted as many bikes as cars on the road, it's that popular to ride around here. It has been a ton of fun and I am planning for my first week-long trip down into southern Utah.
Old 12th September 2017
Gear Maniac

Just recently sold mine, too many idiots texting and driving. Been riding for nearly 20 years and it is Waaaay more dangerous now than ever.
Old 15th September 2017
Lives for gear

I've been riding for about 10 years. My current bike is a 2013 Yamaha R1:

Kind of an odd choice for a cautious old git like me, but it's great fun and surprisingly good natured considering the amount of power it has is complete overkill for road riding.
Old 17th September 2017
Gear Nut
I'm on a 2005 Yamaha VFR-800 VTEC in 'Winning Red' with matching factory hard cases.
It was my dream bike for so long, to the point that soon after buying it I actually got really depressed for a couple of weeks because i had accomplished all of my dreams, and had no goals to strive for. This didn't last though as when riding it you can't wipe the grin off my face (Also i found gearslutz. There's always more gear).

Now it has custom suspension, custom headlights, heated grips and I started looking at engine mods before realizing that going 250+ km-hr and losing my license twice was probably fast enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone else own a motorcycle!?-21533_0_2_4_vfr-800-fi-interceptor_carl-morris.jpg  
Old 3rd November 2017
I recently picked up a new 2017 Harley Low Rider S.

The last and fastest production Dyna, with 1800cc.

Just put a new Vance and Hines 2-1 high output exhaust and an FP-3 tune. 0-60 in 3.4 seconds.

God damn this bike is more fun than my old sportster! Been commuting an hour to work every day and I love it.
Old 4th November 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiBabi View Post
I recently picked up a new 2017 Harley Low Rider S.
I'm jealous. The '17 is a great looking bike! I definitely have my eye on the new model though...
Old 4th November 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Booth View Post
I'm jealous. The '17 is a great looking bike! I definitely have my eye on the new model though...
I got to ride the 18s at a Harley event. The new soft tails def handle better. The bike vibrates less too.

I’m eyeing the Kawasaki z900 or harley roadster as another bike once I pay off this one.
Old 27th November 2017
Gear Nut

Don't be depressed. Now you can strive for a Honda VFR800 to go with your Yamaha.
Old 27th November 2017
Here for the gear

I think I will try it in the future . It will be pretty cool in a motorcycle, may be get a Honda CB-350F
Old 27th December 2017
Lives for gear

My love affair with two wheels and motors started in 1962 with older brothers mini bike and then numerous bikes throughout the years.

Currently
2012 Night Rod Special

Last edited by KevWind; 27th December 2017 at 10:10 PM..
Old 8th June 2018
I own two bikes which I ride daily for commuting and fun. I ride year around too as long there isn't ice on the roads.

First bike is a 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada 821.

Anyone else own a motorcycle!?-image2.jpg

It's the same bike as a Ducati Hypermotard but with panniers and taller handlebars. Which means its a hooligan bike and therefore is made for fun. It is also my daily commuter and the bike that I use for long distance rides as well as off-road for some ADV action - it's essentially a big dirt bike...
Some extras I've added to it include a touring windscreen, knobby tires for dirt, LED turn signals (because replacement lightbulbs for it are hard to get in my country), and a heat-troller for winter riding.

Second bike is a 2007 Suzuki LS650 (Savage/S40).

Anyone else own a motorcycle!?-kimg0210.jpg

It is a thumper so the gas milage is incredible. This bike is marketed as a beginner bike and it is perfect to learn to ride on out of the box. And it is also cheap and easy to hot rod although aftermarket parts can be tough to source. Some make-it-fit handiness goes a long way though. Here's the list of mods I've done to this bike.
  • Custom headlight (needed to fabricate the mounting bracket)
  • Custom tail light (needed to modify OEM mounting bracket)
  • Aftermarket HD Sportster footpegs (Shimmed to fit metric bolts)
  • Custom rear blinkers (fabricated a new mounting bar)
  • Stage 2 cam
  • Cylinder bored out to 666 CC with high compression piston
  • Harley Dyna muffler
  • Removed about 40 lbs of OEM parts to save weight
  • Progressive shocks (originally for a Roadglide needed bushings replaced to fit)
  • High performance tires.
  • Jetted carb
  • A dozen stickers for my favorite Punk Rock bands
I did all the above work except the cylinder/piston work.

With the engine mods this bike can actually manage freeway speeds and still have plenty of passing power which wasn't possible in stock form. But at less than 350 lbs it is simply too light for the highways. So I use it for running local errands around town and for ripping up the backroads out in the country. And that's where it really shines being so light and having a great power to weight ratio it's an absolute blast on the twisties and it brings out the devil in you. which is fitting considering the engine displacement. I call it the Satanic Savage
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone else own a motorcycle!?-image2.jpg   Anyone else own a motorcycle!?-kimg0210.jpg  
Old 17th November 2018
Here for the gear

I got the chance to ride the 18s at a Harley occasion. The new delicate tails def handle better. The bicycle vibrates less as well.

I'm peering toward the Kawasaki z900 or harley roadster as another bicycle once I pay off this one
Dafont 123Movies FileHippo
Thank's

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search