The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Asking advice selling motored bicycle?
Old 12th June 2017
Lives for gear

Asking advice selling motored bicycle?

Or: Neighbor gave me motor bike. Me wants a Zoom alright

My very cool neighbor and his wife moved away the other day; I'd serviced their computers for the last 7-ish years.

Of course when people move, neighbors get stuff, but this was unexpected, he told me I could sell it, which I want to do because I'd rather get a nice Zoom and head to the sticks for nature recordings as well as planes, trains and automobiles.

All it lacks is a helmet with a spike.

Because I don't ever sell stuff like this, I'm reaching out for advice to keep from getting burned by predators. The neighbor says it runs great but there's a slight gas leak between the tank and the valve. It takes mixed gas. But the condition is exactly what you see here and it was stored indoors for the last 3-4 years I know of.

Personally I think it's so cool on it's own it would be better hung high on the wall of a fine drinking establishment and never worry about someone getting stranded out in the middle of nowhere.

So how can I get it sold and buy that Zoom I'm after? I figure it's worth that minimum. Don't know where to start and I'd like to avoid the online sales places that attract axe murderers you know
Old 12th June 2017
I found this one for sale in the upper $650's but what I'd do is try to identify the make and model and search the net. Collectors may pay even more.

80cc Dewey Bicycle With Engine & Stretch Street Cruiser Bike Motorized Motor Bike - Fully Assembled Not a Kit

Cheers!
Old 12th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
I found this one for sale in the upper $650's but what I'd do is try to identify the make and model and search the net. Collectors may pay even more.

80cc Dewey Bicycle With Engine & Stretch Street Cruiser Bike Motorized Motor Bike - Fully Assembled Not a Kit

Cheers!
Of course! To think I was so excited I didn't scour over it to find exact details. Yeah I'd add an Audient iD14 (Rode NT4?) to that Zoom H4n Pro and realize my immediate goals happily ever after warranty.

I'll get on it first thing in the waking hours and thanks a lot for direction Synth Guru!

-Update FWIW- It looks to be a Micargi Huntington bicycle with a 2009 66cc Skyhawk GT-5 engine. A neighbor had already offered me $250 for it and it looks like you could make a brand new one for twice the price. So maybe I should stay with late buyer #1 , get my Zoom, and have fun. Not as much fun as adding an Audient but fun enough.

Last edited by JoeyM; 12th June 2017 at 09:28 PM..
Old 1st August 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
Of course! To think I was so excited I didn't scour over it to find exact details. Yeah I'd add an Audient iD14 (Rode NT4?) to that Zoom H4n Pro and realize my immediate goals happily ever after warranty.

I'll get on it first thing in the waking hours and thanks a lot for direction Synth Guru!

-Update FWIW- It looks to be a Micargi Huntington bicycle with a 2009 66cc Skyhawk GT-5 engine. A neighbor had already offered me $250 for it and it looks like you could make a brand new one for twice the price. So maybe I should stay with late buyer #1 , get my Zoom, and have fun. Not as much fun as adding an Audient but fun enough.
How did it go? Did you sell it and get your mic?
Old 1st August 2017
Lives for gear

No I'm paused. Honestly, the guy and his wife moved 2,000 miles away but the thought has occurred to me to find a way to get it to him.

Yeah they left me a glider yard bench, which I just painted half the wood slats today, and an office chair new condition, and that bike. I'm just no salesperson on bikes like that and don't want to run into other costs getting it ready for anyone to test drive.
Old 1st August 2017
Lives for gear

I've got a Zoom H4 I've never really used. Wanna trade? I'm in MN.
Old 3rd August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyllys View Post
I've got a Zoom H4 I've never really used. Wanna trade? I'm in MN.
As much as your avatar would look perfect riding that bike...
I'll probably shelve the idea for now and be realistic about checking to see if it should make its way back to the donor, or see if it's worth an Audient iD14.

The three things this is in the neighborhood of, Rode NT4 (more expensive than this is probably worth I know), Audient and field recorder, are items I'd want new with longest warranty I can get together. I'll admit, I'm miserable and not a good salesperson!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search