The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Etihad bans musical instruments in the cabin unless you buy them a seat
Old 12th April 2017
Etihad bans musical instruments in the cabin unless you buy them a seat

Quote:
Etihad Airways bans musical instruments in the cabin unless you buy an extra seat | M

All instruments, even violins, are banned from being put in the overhead containers.
Irritating for pro musicians... as I'm sure their CoC also absolve them any sort of responsibility/compensation for damaged instruments in the hold.
Old 15th April 2017
Lives for gear

Commercial Airlines suck. I have stoped flying altogether. I hope I do not ever have to fly again but more than likely at some point I will but I sued to fly a lot and they have lost business because they simply do not treat people like humans.

Back from 2003 - 2007 I was doing the Flatpick Contest circuit and of course I had to fly to many of the contests. Southwest Air was good to me. I'd usually try to catch one of the flight attendants prior to their boarding and explain that my guitar was a vintage Martin and that I really could not store it in the cargo bay and they would always agree to carry it on for me prior to boarding the flight and it would get its own upper head bin.

I of course got lucky every time and there is always the risk of not getting them to help you out.

Overall, I find flying so uncomfortable and with the time wasted at airports it is just such a deterrent that I avoid it at all costs.
Old 17th September 2017
Gear Nut
Old family friend has an amazing collection of high value acoustics. From 6 strings to 12's to mandolins etc.

He once got a vintage Martin back from an airline after a flight with a forklift tine hole straight through both sides of the hard case.

He's been buying seats for guitars ever since.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search