The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....
Old 4 weeks ago
  #241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
Isn't the speaker dangerously close to the heads and tape?


What level of horse power and torque is that baby generating.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #242
Lives for gear
 
EvilRoy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
Isn't the speaker dangerously close to the heads and tape?
Maybe, it’s about 2 feet from the Otari heads. The MCI 4 track is in rough shape and I’m not sure I have the time/expertise to restore it. The Otari probably needs a recap, just got it and haven’t tested it yet. Wanna get a second couch outta the studio first and it’s getting moved before it’s used.

BTW - My other tape deck is BMW Z4.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #243
Gear Guru
 
Drumsound's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
Maybe, it’s about 2 feet from the Otari heads. The MCI 4 track is in rough shape and I’m not sure I have the time/expertise to restore it. The Otari probably needs a recap, just got it and haven’t tested it yet. Wanna get a second couch outta the studio first and it’s getting moved before it’s used.

BTW - My other tape deck is BMW Z4.
I was thinking those big magnets near the heads, and any tape that may go on them could be an issues,

Also, Z4...niiiiiiiice.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
I was thinking those big magnets near the heads, and any tape that may go on them could be an issues,

Also, Z4...niiiiiiiice.
Here's some transports that may fuel the deliberation between you and your counterpart.

Notable Rolling Stones Mobile Projects

Singles
• "Smoke on the Water" – Deep Purple
• "No Woman, No Cry" – Bob Marley and the Wailers
• "Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter" – Iron Maiden
Albums
• 1970: Led Zeppelin III – Led Zeppelin
• 1971: Sticky Fingers – The Rolling Stones
• 1971: Led Zeppelin IV – Led Zeppelin
• 1971: Who's Next – The Who
• 1972: Machine Head – Deep Purple
• 1972: Exile on Main St. – The Rolling Stones
• 1972: Happy to Meet – Sorry to Part – Horslips
• 1973: Uriah Heep Live (Double Album) – Uriah Heep [2]
• 1973: Houses of the Holy – Led Zeppelin
• 1973: Live Dates – Wishbone Ash
• 1973: Penguin – Fleetwood Mac
• 1973: Mystery to Me – Fleetwood Mac
• 1973: Recorded Live – Ten Years After
• 1973: Who Do We Think We Are – Deep Purple
• 1974: Burn – Deep Purple
• 1974: Rampant - Nazareth
• 1975: Physical Graffiti – Led Zeppelin
• 1975: Live! – Bob Marley and the Wailers
• 1975: Run with the Pack – Bad Company
• 1977: Live! – Status Quo
• 1977: Moonflower – Santana
• 1979: Life in a Day – Simple Minds
• 1981: Rocket 88 – Rocket 88
• 1983: Alchemy: Dire Straits Live – Dire Straits
• 1985: A Physical Presence – Level 42
• 1990: No Prayer for the Dying – Iron Maiden
Attached Thumbnails
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-1.jpg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-2.jpeg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-3.jpeg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-4.jpeg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-5.jpeg  

All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-6.jpeg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-7.jpeg  
Old 3 weeks ago
  #245
Gear Guru
 
Drumsound's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Tape View Post
Here's some transports that may fuel the deliberation between you and your counterpart.

Notable Rolling Stones Mobile Projects

Singles
• "Smoke on the Water" – Deep Purple
• "No Woman, No Cry" – Bob Marley and the Wailers
• "Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter" – Iron Maiden
Albums
• 1970: Led Zeppelin III – Led Zeppelin
• 1971: Sticky Fingers – The Rolling Stones
• 1971: Led Zeppelin IV – Led Zeppelin
• 1971: Who's Next – The Who
• 1972: Machine Head – Deep Purple
• 1972: Exile on Main St. – The Rolling Stones
• 1972: Happy to Meet – Sorry to Part – Horslips
• 1973: Uriah Heep Live (Double Album) – Uriah Heep [2]
• 1973: Houses of the Holy – Led Zeppelin
• 1973: Live Dates – Wishbone Ash
• 1973: Penguin – Fleetwood Mac
• 1973: Mystery to Me – Fleetwood Mac
• 1973: Recorded Live – Ten Years After
• 1973: Who Do We Think We Are – Deep Purple
• 1974: Burn – Deep Purple
• 1974: Rampant - Nazareth
• 1975: Physical Graffiti – Led Zeppelin
• 1975: Live! – Bob Marley and the Wailers
• 1975: Run with the Pack – Bad Company
• 1977: Live! – Status Quo
• 1977: Moonflower – Santana
• 1979: Life in a Day – Simple Minds
• 1981: Rocket 88 – Rocket 88
• 1983: Alchemy: Dire Straits Live – Dire Straits
• 1985: A Physical Presence – Level 42
• 1990: No Prayer for the Dying – Iron Maiden
I'm quite familiar with Rolling Stones Mobile. The guys who rebuilt my 3M M79 also did RSM. I just thought from your picture that the speaker looked kind of close to the machine. I may just have been the perspective messing with my head.

Last edited by Drumsound; 3 weeks ago at 06:46 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
  #246
Gear Addict
 
Jiglo's Avatar
The NAMM 2020 thread lead me here

I just bought an Audi A4 3.0 TDI Sportline S Tronic last week.

Haven't even wanted an Audi since the Quattro rally cars of my youth, but went out for an M Sport BMW after driving BMWs the last 10+ years and came home with this, after hearing the Bang & Olufsen soundsystem and seeing the virtual cockpit and the muscle car style interior.

Not in the same league as many of the cars here and doesn't handle as nicely as my last car, but sounds a lot better and gave me 62mpg heading to work in the traffic this morning. I'm saving the planet with a V6 and saving my soul when I put my foot down. Best of both worlds
Attached Thumbnails
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-screen-shot-2020-01-14-16.48.57.png   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-81695176_10157890892874851_835969496735809536_o.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
  #247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiglo View Post
The NAMM 2020 thread lead me here

I just bought an Audi A4 3.0 TDI Sportline S Tronic last week.

Haven't even wanted an Audi since the Quattro rally cars of my youth, but went out for an M Sport BMW after driving BMWs the last 10+ years and came home with this, after hearing the Bang & Olufsen soundsystem and seeing the virtual cockpit and the muscle car style interior.

Not in the same league as many of the cars here and doesn't handle as nicely as my last car, but sounds a lot better and gave me 62mpg heading to work in the traffic this morning. I'm saving the planet with a V6 and saving my soul when I put my foot down. Best of both worlds
Solid car, nice lines and top shelf engineering,... congrats and enjoy the new ride.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #248
Gear Addict
 
Jiglo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Tape View Post
Solid car, nice lines and top shelf engineering,... congrats and enjoy the new ride.
Thanks. It's certainly a nice car by my standards at least, but has a few quirks..... such as having a B&O sound system, but no support for lossless files via it's USB or SD slots. A workaround is using my Pioneer High Resolution audio player through the aux in, but as the centre armrest is permanently open around the sides, I would need to disconnect and reconnect every time I park and return, as whatever is in there is visible to potential chance thieves.

CD/DVD slot is in the glove box, so no easy way to change discs

No sunglasses compartment either.

Apart from those things though, i'm pretty happy.

Edit: Actually, i've just found out this evening that it does play lossless files despite reading somewhere that it doesn't, so something I should have checked much earlier
Old 3 weeks ago
  #249
Lives for gear
 
Sharp11's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiglo View Post
Thanks. It's certainly a nice car by my standards at least, but has a few quirks..... such as having a B&O sound system, but no support for lossless files via it's USB or SD slots. A workaround is using my Pioneer High Resolution audio player through the aux in, but as the centre armrest is permanently open around the sides, I would need to disconnect and reconnect every time I park and return, as whatever is in there is visible to potential chance thieves.

CD/DVD slot is in the glove box, so no easy way to change discs

No sunglasses compartment either.

Apart from those things though, i'm pretty happy.

Edit: Actually, i've just found out this evening that it does play lossless files despite reading somewhere that it doesn't, so something I should have checked much earlier
Nice! After 20 years and three BMW's, I'm looking outside the marque - the A4 is one of the cars I'm interested in.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #250
Here for the gear
Snouterella!

Here's our car. A 1971 911S, I've owned her over 25 years, my daily drive when living in London.. Just finished restoring her in Sydney, where I also restore Fairlight computer musical instruments from the same era!
Attached Thumbnails
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-snout-2018-01.jpg  
Old 21 hours ago
  #251
Lives for gear
 
KevWind's Avatar
Old 19 hours ago
  #252
Gear Addict
Chevy Bolt electric car
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump