The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....
Old 12th August 2019
Lives for gear

Traded the RT for an R. I don't drive as fast on the R....you hit 100 mph without a windshield and you KNOW you're going 100.

Old 12th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
Traded the RT for an R. I don't drive as fast on the R....you hit 100 mph without a windshield and you KNOW you're going 100.

I want to get a motorcycle but my grandfather would disown me.....so I have to wait until I move to Sweden. :p It's weird but I want the Suzuki VanVan 200.
Old 12th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
you hit 100 mph without a windshield and you KNOW you're going 100.
you hit another vehicle at 100 mph without a windshield and you KNOW you hit another vehicle at 100 mph.

Nice bike.
Old 12th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
you hit another vehicle at 100 mph without a windshield and you KNOW you hit another vehicle at 100 mph.

Nice bike.
Yeah, the 100mph only happens on rural highways and only when there is no traffic.

I pretty much assume no one can see me when I'm in traffic, approaching intersections, etc. But most of the time I spend cruising country back roads taking in the scenery.
Old 12th August 2019
Quote:
Yeah, the 100mph only happens on rural highways and only when there is no traffic.

I pretty much assume no one can see me when I'm in traffic, approaching intersections, etc. But most of the time I spend cruising country back roads taking in the scenery.
Be careful mate, at those speeds small furry animals or hoofed animals crossing the road can be deadly.
Old 12th August 2019
Lives for gear
When I saw the title of this thread on this forum, I was expecting to see pictures like this.
Attached Thumbnails
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-transport.jpg  

Last edited by elegentdrum; 12th August 2019 at 06:12 AM..
Old 12th August 2019
Lives for gear

Had an MG Midget in college and got hooked. Since then, I went to a Fiat Spyder, an Alpha Romeo Quadrafoglio, a Boxster and now a Z4. For some reason, I’ve always had the most fun in that crummy MG. Thinking hard about getting a ‘52 MG TD. Yep... total death trap, wooden frame, steering column that’s designed to impale the driver, tin foil doors, lucky if it makes 50 mph or stops within 100 feet. You can actually hand crank it. Might keep the Z though. Can’t afford maintenance on a Boxster S.... yet!
Old 12th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I trust that you kept the Belstaffs.
Old 12th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Very nice.

I've had an RT and an R- struggled a bit with legroom on both of them.
I've just bought my second GS Adventure- perfect bike for me- it arrived in a couple of weeks.

Old 13th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Boy no kiddin I can feel the speed as soon as I get to about 70 but my windshield is pretty small

My next bike would likely be a full fairing BMW 1200 series
Old 13th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
Very nice.

I've had an RT and an R- struggled a bit with legroom on both of them.
I've just bought my second GS Adventure- perfect bike for me- it arrived in a couple of weeks.
I LOVE the GS series, but I'm only 5'6". I can actually ride the GS no problem, but it doesn't look cool with me on my tip toes when coming to a stop. The new 1250 power train is SWEET....R1250GS is a hack of a bike, and something I may get down the road if I can find time for some actual adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Boy no kiddin I can feel the speed as soon as I get to about 70 but my windshield is pretty small

My next bike would likely be a full fairing BMW 1200 series
I sometimes miss the RT, as I used to cover some distance, but these days I just don't have the time. Such a different beast than a naked cruiser. Much more refined. Almost car-like. I would often find myself hitting 100+ mph without even realizing....you don't even have to crouch.
Old 19th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegentdrum View Post
When I saw the title of this thread on this forum, I was expecting to see pictures like this.
Old 19th August 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
I don't see the play button! At least for the big machine. I see them on the smaller machines.
Old 19th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegentdrum View Post
I don't see the play button! At least for the big machine. I see them on the smaller machines.
It was made before they invented 'Play' buttons. Back in the old days, we used to just scream insults at these things until they worked.
Old 19th August 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
It was made before they invented 'Play' buttons. Back in the old days, we used to just scream insults at these things until they worked.
Voice activated tape machine from the 70's, very cool!
Old 19th August 2019
Supercar Blondie checks out the Lotus Evija:
Old 21st August 2019
This morning my old Laguna reached the 222222 (km) mark.

Goal is to drive it to 333333 and from there start looking for a replacement...

111111 to go !
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

Now that our son is in college, I no longer need a back seat, so I traded my old BMW on something newer.
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-newbmw.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-newbmw.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinDog View Post
Now that our son is in college, I no longer need a back seat, so I traded my old BMW on something newer.
Another good reason why I will never have kids.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
Another good reason why I will never have kids.

Once he graduates, and I'm no longer paying >$3k/month on school, then I figure I'll get something really fun...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search