The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....
Old 3rd December 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
What an odd choice to customize.
Better for that than Demo Derby.
Old 3rd December 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Better for that than Demo Derby.

You're right about that!
Old 7th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Hi car fans.

My new wheels. Ordered in April - took delivery December! Painful wait but worth it. Not much sun in the UK recently but there was today so I took it for a spin and got a pikkie.

Do u like the colour?
Old 7th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornemalvo View Post
Hi car fans.

My new wheels. Ordered in April - took delivery December! Painful wait but worth it. Not much sun in the UK recently but there was today so I took it for a spin and got a pikkie.

Do u like the colour?
Wow ! Very cool ( what's a pikkie)
The color? I guess I would say I am ambivalent, it looks spectacular but silver/grey tones are so common now days as to be kind of trendy.
Old 7th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
( what's a pikkie)
hehe, sorry, it's what we call a photo in my part if the world!
Old 7th January 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
hehe, sorry, it's what we call a photo in my part if the world!
As opposed to what those colonials call a packie.
Attached Thumbnails
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-liquor_store_nyc.jpg  
Old 7th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
As opposed to what those colonials call a packie.
Blimey.

Time to vacate this thread asap I think.

Bye.
Old 7th January 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Blimey.

Time to vacate this thread asap I think.

Bye.
Wait... wait!!! Do you guys call a guitar pick a "plekkie?" :-)
Old 23rd March 2019
Old 23rd March 2019
Lives for gear

Old Bimmer Z4/black/standard, y'all know what they look like. I wanna get a bumper sticker that reads "My other car is a D&R".
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Have Heart All With Little Cash & Hatred Of Payments! Show Me Your Paid For Cars!

I like a lot here that are devoted to music and lot of times short of cash & don't need another monthly bill recently went car shopping for a new (to me) ride. I figured anywhere from 6 to 10, maybe 12 thousand dollars and the upper end was gonna take me a few more months to come up with the money. Well, I've been looking everywhere, CarGurus, Carvana, Craigslist and where I finally found one, Facebook Marketplace.

Strictly by the grace of God (or whomever or whatever else you believe guides your life) I found and fell into this deal for $3K. A 2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK320 Cabriolet with 102K one owner, garage kept miles. This thing is just dang near new, at least it looks like it inside & out, in the trunk and under the hood. The value according to Kelly Blue Book is a little more than this with actually prices for ones in this condition with less actual miles going for $6-9K. This one had a minor transmission problem that has been repaired and serviced by a real hot-shot, Mississippi redneck mechanic (my kinda guy!) who works in a very affluent suburb of Memphis, TN.

Apparently the previous owner had it in the garage for a minute with the transmission problem, not willing to invest what the dealership or my guy wanted for the repair they just went and bought a new one. My guy ended up getting it for little or nothing, repaired, serviced it and then priced it to sell quickly (that's where I came in). When I first called him and asked the actual condition he said "Oh, this thing is the bomb! All it needs is gas.", yeah right! Turns out we had a mutual friend (thanks to Facebook fer' this useful information), so I contacted him before I went to see the car, My friend said "When it comes to cars this guy is a god, he got hired away from a big shop by doubling his money. Whatever he says when it comes to cars, believe it!" I literally trust this freind with my life, he's the ambulance EMT assigned to my district and I've known him for over 20 years.

Dude wasn't lying! This thing is the bomb. Sure I found a few issues, cosmetic mostly, including a dead high beam bulb (easy to change) and the worst was the two rear window sealing strips that have dry rotted (gotta put protectant on those things folks), $265 for the pair. I had the top down, doing 70 with Thelma Houston's Pressure Cooker CD absolutely rocking the Bose system with little if any distortion. So far I haven't found anything on the car that doesn't work as intended, but there are switches & buttons I am still learning what their function is. And the damn thing had 4 like new Yokahoma Avid Accend tires on it (there is supposed to be a full sized spare under the trunk, I just haven't looked. I bet it's there though). This thing is a luxury car in the truest sense, but at the same time it's a wicked sports car. At 80 MPH on the interstate it floats, but you can take an off ramp curve at 60+ and it just hugs the road, really a lot of fun to drive. I've some great cars in my life, once I had a 1991 Ford F150 short wheelbase, 6 cyl, 4-speed manual I wish I never got rid of (wife traded it in on a 2000 Expedition, left me with a mini-van. Do you see I really love my wife?) I have never "Loved" a car, but I just get excited to get behind the wheel of this thing. Before a car was just something to get me from point A to point B in a safe, expeditious manner. This thing is different, it's fun!

Now this Mercedes has maintenance costs associated with it other cars don't, but if you're a decent mechanic (as I am) there are tons of Youtube videos that show everything you need to know for oil changes and such (a service A oil change at a dealer is $320, DIY is about $100-120 and lasts for 15000 miles using the right oil). Everything is overbuilt on a Mercedes, like the most engineered way of doing something is utilized regardless of cost, this little bugger was just shy of $50K in 2000 and it shows. The upside to all the hoopla & voodoo about maintenance is that people who can afford these cars either pay for maintenance as they go or purchase a service plan when they buy the car. Unless it's fleet/corporate car that gets a lot of miles from people that don't really care about the car because it's not theirs, these things are generally well kept. One online review stated that if the little compartment insert under the climate control is both original and not all beat to crap indicates that the owner took good care of their car. if your'e not mechanically inclined another way to tackle the maintenance costs is too get a savings account and every month put $100, $200, $300 (my plan) away just to cover these things and you will need it at some point. I figure $3,000 would cover anything that should or could happen that's not so catastrophic that the car really needs to go on to the junk yard such as total engine or transmission loss.

My only fear is it's gonna be real easy for this thing to turn into a high resolution speeding ticket printer, gotta watch out for that. Here's mine:

Last edited by Sugarnutz; 3 days ago at 11:05 PM..
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Glad you're happy with the purchase, these cars really depreciate, though with the higher costs of ownership you can see why.

Me, I'm still driving a 2005 Honda CRV AWD (soccer mom edition) with just shy of 230k on it, bought with 55k. Obviously long paid for at this point, but has been an excellent daily driver. The only repair I've had to do (not including standard wear items) is I had a knock sensor start throwing fault codes at me. Done all my own maintenance with synthetic oil about 10k between changes and genuine Honda fluids elsewhere and still runs like the day I bought it.
Old 3 days ago
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I'm moving back to Europe in a month after a year in Asia and ordered myself a Porsche Macan S in Jet Black Metallic:

After having had a string of BMW's it will be good to experience something different and I need something that can carry a drum kit.
I'd love a 911 but the inability to carry drums means this is as close as I can get for now.

I get it mid October, hopefully.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

Still pushing my grandfather's 2002 E39 (540i). Bought it from his estate for $6k and have since put in over $30k more... It has over 120k miles, but a couple of years ago, when the plastic timing chain disintegrated and seized the motor, BMW found a brand new short block sitting in a warehouse, Stateside. Unfortunately, the engine mounting bolts were not included, so those had to be shipped on a slow boat from Deutschland. After dropping that in and rebuilding the top end, it's back to driving like a rocket sled.

Can't stand new cars of any marque.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_mask View Post
Still pushing my grandfather's 2002 E39 (540i). Bought it from his estate for $6k and have since put in over $30k more... It has over 120k miles, but a couple of years ago, when the plastic timing chain disintegrated and seized the motor, BMW found a brand new short block sitting in a warehouse, Stateside. Unfortunately, the engine mounting bolts were not included, so those had to be shipped on a slow boat from Deutschland. After dropping that in and rebuilding the top end, it's back to driving like a rocket sled.

Can't stand new cars of any marque.
I agree on that. I tried something new, a 2014 Mustang....but I ended up giving it to my mother. Right now I just have my truck (so I can move stuff around) but I do plan on getting a second car again. I most likely will get something from the 50s......not sure what yet. The only reason I got a newer truck is because my grandfather said he would pay up front and I could pay him back over time....but he wouldn't agree to do it on an old vehicle. I ended up finding a good deal on a 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4X4.

The taillights did come all cracked but I replaced them with some new aftermarket ones.

Still to this day I have only owned 2 door vehicles, and I always will.
Attached Thumbnails
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-15632077187002003756894.jpg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-15632077651841539536099.jpg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-1563207790257984830160.jpg  
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

Maybe you should look at something from '74?

In the various time-honored alphabetic ciphers:

'Somebodyperson' = 74
'Tundra' = 74
'Toyota Motor Corporation' = 74
'2 door vehicles' = 74
'cracked taillights' = 74
Even 'three attachments' = 740 (and 0 doesn't count in this practice, so... 74, again)

G_d, I'm getting good at this. 'Turing Test' = 774...

(;
Old 18 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_mask View Post
Maybe you should look at something from '74?

In the various time-honored alphabetic ciphers:

'Somebodyperson' = 74
'Tundra' = 74
'Toyota Motor Corporation' = 74
'2 door vehicles' = 74
'cracked taillights' = 74
Even 'three attachments' = 740 (and 0 doesn't count in this practice, so... 74, again)

G_d, I'm getting good at this. 'Turing Test' = 774...

(;
Everything went shyte starting around 72 with the new emission standards. There are a few exceptions. I had a 72 Pontiac Grand Prix before....but I prefer 50s (then 20s and 30s are about tied for second, 60s for third, then 40s, then 70s, then 80s, then 90s, then 10s, then 1900s and older, then modern day. I for sure want a convertible again. I miss the open air so much, any car I get in the future will be a convertible. I don't care if it has A/C because I never use it....even though the average summer temperature here is 90f (32c).
Old 15 hours ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
Everything went shyte starting around 72 with the new emission standards. There are a few exceptions. I had a 72 Pontiac Grand Prix before....but I prefer 50s (then 20s and 30s are about tied for second, 60s for third, then 40s, then 70s, then 80s, then 90s, then 10s, then 1900s and older, then modern day. I for sure want a convertible again. I miss the open air so much, any car I get in the future will be a convertible. I don't care if it has A/C because I never use it....even though the average summer temperature here is 90f (32c).
Figures. I mean, 'shyte' = 72

s__h_y___t_e_
18_8_22_19_5

Whereas, 'ǝʇᴉɥs' = 74!

s__h__i__t__e
8_19_18_7_22

In the cipher that multiplies the ordinal alphabetic value of the letter by 6:

"Pontiac" = 666

"Grand Prix" = 666

Urban Dictionary says, 'A shyte is used to measure corrupt data, bad programming and rubbish on the internet.'

(The quoted phrase sums to 317 using the rules of numerology.
The word, LIE, flipped upside down reads, 317.
The phrase, 'the word, LIE, flipped upside down' = 317, as well. smh)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search