The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....
Old 3rd June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Tesla relies on government subsidies and bennies. If they were entirely on their own they would be Tucker.
The same can be said for GM...
Old 3rd June 2018
Lives for gear

Battery powered bikes that travel 28 mph with a child on it.....

We should be expanding our public transportation systems...a buss or a train (e or otherwise) is going to be more efficient and cause less environmental damage than a thousand e-bikes and whatever else.

Colorado is just a tiny spot in the world with a minuscule percentage of the world’s population, we might have to think bigger.
Old 6th June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samc View Post
Battery powered bikes that travel 28 mph with a child on it.....

We should be expanding our public transportation systems...
I don't go that fast with the kid, and as stated (a few times now) what is exciting to me about small-form-factor-EV's is the potential to use them WITH public transit. The 'last mile' problem has always been the big issue.

At this point I think we've hijacked the thread enough...back to pics of peoples rides?
Old 6th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
The same can be said for GM...
And Dalmer/Chrysler/Fiat. I do see a lot of teslas around here, they are a local fad. I don't see any out on the highway outside of town, no one wants to get stuck.

California is Cuba with newer cars.
Old 8th June 2018
When the weather is too crappy to ride my two motorcycles I rock a 2003 Hyundai Sonata with about a million miles on it.
Attached Thumbnails
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-147d6df3-840f-4310-be33-a77b7f0ac409.jpg  
Old 16th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
Personally I think all BBD suck compared to tape echo.
Well, sure, I suspect most people think Honda Civics suck compared to a Ferrari.
Old 16th June 2018
PES
Lives for gear

worse = better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
I guess that depends on how useful the delay actually is in practice. 3205 don't sound that great compared to the classic units with 3005 chips.

Personally I think all BBD suck compared to tape echo.
I'm not into the various chips, but the thing I like about bbd delays is that the repeats don't sound that great.

Same with tape delay, the only experience I have is with a modified Marantz recorder. What I like about it is the crazy warble and loss of high frequencies you get the longer delay time you set. You wouldn't get that on a high end tape echo where you set the time by spacing the heads.

Old 17th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post
Well, sure, I suspect most people think Honda Civics suck compared to a Ferrari.

The 72 civic is nice though but ide rather have a 1970 Toyota Celica.
Old 17th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
The 72 civic is nice though but ide rather have a 1970 Toyota Celica.
Nah .. 72 Ford Pinto here

Old 17th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudswimmer View Post

That's gonna be one hell of an explosion when it gets hit in the back.
Old 17th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
That's gonna be one hell of an explosion when it gets hit in the back.
Ha Ha Yeah I had friends who had Pinto's back in the day .. but none of us ever worried about the exploding gas tanks, remember your invincable at that age
Old 18th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Sold my 72 Pontiac Grand Prix last year....but I had it less than a year. Will get another classic sometime when I move out of Atlanta.
Attached Thumbnails
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-20161224_173524.jpg  
Old 18th June 2018
Quote:
Sold my 72 Pontiac Grand Prix last year....but I had it less than a year. Will get another classic sometime when I move out of Atlanta.
That looks like a fun car to have driven.
Old 19th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
That looks like a fun car to have driven.

Much more fun than the 2014 Mustang I have now. I am going to trade it in for a new F-150 and get another fun car sometime in the future.
Old 20th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Equipped with the exploding gas tank, AND engine!
Old 20th June 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
California is Cuba with newer cars.
Quite a bit of LA is Havana minus the rust.
Old 20th June 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:

Does Earl Scheib charge extra to mask off an engine?
Old 20th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Quite a bit of LA is Havana minus the rust.
One of my reasons for pulling a Snake Pliskin and "Escaping from LA". Conveniently, if I want a good 3rd world experience, it's only 90 miles away...

Seems 1/2 of LA comes down the I-5 every weekend so a lot of them are here in San Diego County as well, but they go home on Sunday.
Old 20th June 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
One of my reasons for pulling a Snake Pliskin and "Escaping from LA". Conveniently, if I want a good 3rd world experience, it's only 90 miles away...
I was talking about cars, not diversity.
Old 21st June 2018
Lives for gear

Cars are a necessity, sure, but boring to me. This is my transport of choice. Headed to the water.
Attached Thumbnails
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-11415467_925333314198915_5538084518771640953_o.jpg  
Old 21st June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Lawler View Post
Cars are a necessity, sure, but boring to me. This is my transport of choice. Headed to the water.
That looks fun!
Old 21st June 2018
Gear Maniac

So I got to run my car at Pocono Raceway today... It became immediately apparent that I was outclassed by... well, almost every single automobile in the pack:

...especially this guy. He had a RIDICULOUS Corvette, and was a great driver. Fearless. He ran circles around the yellow Lamborghini!

This modded C7 was pretty nasty too... trailered in on full race slicks.

...And there's my red Dodge dad-mobile in the background, severely bringing down the property value. My neighbor next door in that sweeeeeet Porsche GT3 was a nice guy and a good sport about it

All in all it was a great time. I'm addicted. Totally different than an autocross -- this was all about speed and balls -- and I had very little of either, comparatively speaking. Some of these guys were approaching 170-180 mph by the end of the front straight!!! Still, not bad for a heavy four-door daily driver with the very desirable dual-child-car-seats-in-the-back option. I think next time, with a bit more confidence coming out of the turns, I could squeak out another 5-10 mph or so:

Edit.... I almost forgot the super-bad-azz prerequisite... before we were allowed to drive our own cars, we were required to take a brief instruction course and “forced” to drive these hunks of junk around :

Last edited by TimFoster; 21st June 2018 at 07:17 AM..
Old 21st June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimFoster View Post
So I got to run my car at Pocono Raceway today... It became immediately apparent that I was outclassed by... well, almost every single automobile in the pack:

...especially this guy. He had a RIDICULOUS Corvette, and was a great driver. Fearless. He ran circles around the yellow Lamborghini!

This modded C7 was pretty nasty too... trailered in on full race slicks.

...And there's my red Dodge dad-mobile in the background, severely bringing down the property value. My neighbor next door in that sweeeeeet Porsche GT3 was a nice guy and a good sport about it

All in all it was a great time. I'm addicted. Totally different than an autocross -- this was all about speed and balls -- and I had very little of either, comparatively speaking. Some of these guys were approaching 170-180 mph by the end of the front straight!!! Still, not bad for a heavy four-door daily driver with the very desirable dual-child-car-seats-in-the-back option. I think next time, with a bit more confidence coming out of the turns, I could squeak out another 5-10 mph or so:

The dream is to one day have enough land to build my own track. Racing others is meh unless it was full contact racing in **** cars.....that would be fun.
Old 2nd December 2018
My 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T with Red Inferno Crystal Pearl paint and powered by a 5.7L Hemi are just the starting points of why I love this modern day Muscle Car. Each time I get behind the wheel it brings me back to my youth during the 1970's which was certainly the height of the Muscle Car era. Dodge captured the classic look of the 1970 Challenger and coupled it with modern day technology giving us MOPAR fanatics the best of both worlds. I look forward each weekend during the summer to jump in my time machine and cruise down highways and back-roads with windows open as the stereo jams out some Allman Brothers Band, Eagles, Doobie Brothers, Santana, Pink Floyd, The Who, Neil Young, RUSH, CNS&Y, The Band, etc., etc., as I shed the stress of the work week and slip back to a simpler time while the 16 spark plugs fire creating the rumble of the 8 cylinder engine which fills the trailing air flow.

Then after arriving at one of many car show destinations during the summer months I meet with the many other car enthusiasts as we spend the day talking about the world of classic cars from yesterday and today.

All this makes the mid-life crisis much easier to get through!lol. This rebirth of the classic Challenger look by Dodge reminds me how lucky I was to have spent my youth enjoying the best era in Muscle Cars along with the best era in music,... the two go hand in hand.

Love this car for the one last kick at that youthful feeling before the final curtain drops! My only regret is that I did not hold on to a few of the muscle cars I had back in the 1970's,... hell, I could have had a nice retirement fund if I sold them today.

Have installed the Titanium coated JBA shorty headers on my 2009 R/T Auto.They are a quality product aside from the gaskets,(felt like material), they provide with the kit which should be replaced with a new set of the 5.7L gaskets that came with the car as they have the flange that protects the valve cover gaskets from heat damage. Also,you will have to protect the alternator cable on the passenger side as it will be susceptible to heat damage by the header after installation.You can heat wrap the cable or use a heavy duty nylon tie to lift it away from the header by 1.5"-2" then fasten the tie to the electrical cable bundle that runs to the fuse box,...this is what I chose to do and has been satisfactory for 8 years now.

Car was on a lift and motor mounts removed to lift engine,...made life easy.The CORSA Xtreme cat-back and K&N CAI were installed at the same time.Drove the car for a month with no problems before I purchased the Diablosport Predator #7135 tuner in 2010 .Installed the CAI 91 Octane tune that the Predator came with,then a few months later did some data logging for the custom tune.With the above mentioned mods the car runs much better than stock and have experienced no codes or other problems.After the work was done I just let the car sit and ildle for 20 minutes to allow the ECM adjust(re-learn) to the mods before driving it at low speeds for 30 minutes,...than took it on the Hwy for a 15 minute run,...all was well.

The JBA Titanium Ceramic coated shorty headers have a heat range of 1600°F.They are built well with a 3/8" flange so warping is not a concern.There were no fitment issues.

MOPAR OEM Exhaust Manifold Gasket Part #'s - 53032965af & 530332966af

I had the car tested when it was 100% stock with 235/55R18 tires on a SuperFlow AutoDyn 30 AWD Chassis Dynamometer and the test readings were: 305RWHP & 319RW ft-lb torque.

After installing the K&N CAI,CORSA Xtreme Cat-back exhaust,JBA headers,CMR custom dyno tune & 245/45R20 front - 275/40R20 rear tires/rims the test readings were: 353RWHP & 376RW ft-lb torque on the same dyno.

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Auto Inferno Red Crystal Pearl Modification List :
JBA Titanium Coated Shorty Headers.
CORSA Xtreme 304L Stainless Steel Cat-Back.
K&N Cold Air Intake.
Jet 180º Thermostat.
DiabloSport Predator Tuner: 91 Octane CAI Tune, Disabled Engine MDS, Adjusted Thermostat Temperature Fan Settings & Transmission Shift Firmness.
CMR Custom Dyno Tune By RSP Motorsports.
Billet Technology Red Anodized Parts: Engine Bay & Interior Kits.
Red Anodized Break & Gas Pedal.
Foose Legend Wheels: 20" x 8.5" Front & 20" x 10" Rear.
Nitto INVO Tires: 245/45R20 Front & 275/40R20 Rear.
Dark 20% Window Tint.
Custom Hood, Side & Rear Striping.

YouTube:
Post Modification Road Test:
YouTube

ZAINO Shine:
YouTube
Attached Thumbnails
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-4.side-dramatic-cool.jpg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-11.calendar-front-angled-colourjpg-copy.jpg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-21.rear-side-close-b-w.jpg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-7.front-side-dramatic-cool.jpg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-17.engine-bay-close.jpg  

Old 2nd December 2018
Also trying to get my hands on one of these Dodge Demons. Dodge manufactured only 300 for Canada and 3,000 for the USA. Hopefully they do another run in 2019 or someone wants to unload theirs somewhere down the line. Of course, I would settle for a Dodge Challenger Hellcat if need be.
Attached Thumbnails
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-img_1169.jpg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-img_1164.jpg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-img_1179.jpg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-img_1194.jpg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-img_1182.jpg  

All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-img_1203.jpg  
Old 2nd December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
The dream is to one day have enough land to build my own track. Racing others is meh unless it was full contact racing in **** cars.....that would be fun.
The only racing I'd be interested in having a more or less serious go at is rallying.
Everything else is just toys going around a toy road.
Old 3rd December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.F.F. View Post
The only racing I'd be interested in having a more or less serious go at is rallying.
Everything else is just toys going around a toy road.
I have only done street racing. Its fun and you could die at any moment and your life be over... that is the thrill of it. I didn't care about dying and in fact wanted to, but now that I found my soulmate I dont and I dont do that racing anymore. Plus, eventually I got caught and even though I escaped from the cops they had my tag on camera.....I am still paying off those fines.

So yea I would love to have some land and build my own track to have fun but not worry about going to jail or dying....but anything could still happen, but you cant live your life in a bubble.

Rally racing would be good fun!
Old 3rd December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have only done street racing. Its fun and you could die at any moment and your life be over... that is the thrill of it.
The participants should know the risks before going into it, but that's not the issue - street racing has killed innocent bystanders. Not knowing that risk before doing it, is an impaired judgement, and one with possible severe consequences.
Old 3rd December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
The participants should know the risks before going into it, but that's not the issue - street racing has killed innocent bystanders. Not knowing that risk before doing it, is an impaired judgement, and one with possible severe consequences.
Many states have specific statues making it illegal and pretty sure it falls under Reckless Endangerment statutes as well, and for good reason
Old 3rd December 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:

What an odd choice to customize.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search