The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
All you slutz - let's see your transport..... Consoles
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
I'm not trying to claim other people should make the same choices I do. Indeed I made that clear in my initial post. I thought this would be a fun thread to contribute to, but it appears that's not the case. Consider me done. You can now go back to ignoring energy inefficiency of other vehicles posted here and selectively attacking electric vehicles per the oil sector's wishes.
Nobody has accused or criticized you of/for anything, that was made clear also, you're only involved in the discussion because you chose to be involved and you are the one accusing people who raise the question of being the mouthpiece of the oil companies.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I didn't say I had been accused of anything, I said I wasn't having fun. Feel free to contradict me there, too, if you'd like. Nor did I claim anyone was acting on behalf of any interest, merely pointing out that these are exactly that they were repeating the talking points that have been played up by said interests. I was hoping to find a shared love of a wide range of vehicles and that's not what I found. Not the end of the world, and I have much more entertaining ways to spend my time.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Lady Gaia - I for one am certainly supportive of your car choice, I certainly hope to own a Tesla in the next 5 years or so. 1 electric and 1 gas car would fit my household needs perfectly. Once they figure out the Model 3's manufacturing process, I can easily see that as my next purchase.

The only thing I'll add to the 'debate' here is that where LG seems to live, 89.6% of energy is hydroelectric. Hell, even the factory the cars are made will be using (if not already) 100% sustainable energy.

Things take time to develop and work out solutions to the 'next' issue.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Congrats, you just wasted at least 30-40% (if not more) of the price you paid the second you drove that baby out of the car salon...

I'm never EVER going to buy a brand new car, it's a horrible waste of money IMO...
Unless you live in a city, you're always going to be throwing money away on a car - so you may as well throw the money away in a manner that appeals to you
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

So back to the actual topic
Well besides the Mini's the Horses and the hybrid Porsche Harley, this is my other mode de transport

Old 1 week ago
My Jeep JKU gets about 15 mpg. I don't worry about that stuff. It's a fun car as I don't commute. It used to do 19 before the road warrior mods. Fat @ss mud terrain tires do take a toll on mileage. However, I get far better milage off road than any car because they will get stuck where I go.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

I'ma take the exact opposite approach as Jim next month... I get to run my car wide open at Pocono Raceway -- a 2.5 mile, excellently groomed triangular superspeedway!

I'm pretty excited, as it's a rare opportunity in the states to reach these sorts of speeds in a reasonably safe/controlled (and legal) manner.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samc View Post
They're all relatively new now but in a decade or three we'll have millions to dispose of...they're even in bicycles now too, more than 300,000 sold in France alone last year.
In a decade or 3 we will be moved over to solid state batteries, and likely even the next best thing after them. ICE has gone just about as far as it can go in terms of wheel-to-wheel efficiency, there are not any major potential breakthroughs in the pipeline there. The same can not be said for battery tech relative to EV's. We know that better tech is just around the corner in SSE's and there will be the possibility to further refine that tech...

Of course there is no free lunch, but attempting to use the simple reality that nothing is perfect to go after an ebike really undermines your whole position here. Especially if you are hoping to be perceived as objective.

If you consider the totalistic energy cost of ebike-as-transit to car-as-transit (from infrastructure cost, to tire pollution, clean up and so on) the difference astronomically favors the ebike. There are roughly 8 parking spaces per car in the US alone. The energy cost of that alone easily dwarfs recycling the batteries in an ebike.
Old 1 day ago
Off to the Anza-Borego desert for a weekend of rock crawling and some target shooting in the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Sometimes I rescue a wayward Land Rover that gets in too far over their head and wheel clearance.

Only 81 degrees there tomorrow, a cool wave I've been waiting for. It's been cloudy and cool in the 60's along the coast here so I'm ready for some sun and fun.
Old 17 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Off to the Anza-Borego desert for a weekend of rock crawling and some target shooting in the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Sometimes I rescue a wayward Land Rover that gets in too far over their head and wheel clearance.

Only 81 degrees there tomorrow, a cool wave I've been waiting for. It's been cloudy and cool in the 60's along the coast here so I'm ready for some sun and fun.
Sounds like fun. I usually go there with my telescope. Great star gazing.

Have you explored the mud caves:

Old 17 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimFoster View Post
I'ma take the exact opposite approach as Jim next month... I get to run my car wide open at Pocono Raceway -- a 2.5 mile, excellently groomed triangular superspeedway!

I'm pretty excited, as it's a rare opportunity in the states to reach these sorts of speeds in a reasonably safe/controlled (and legal) manner.
Last month I got to drive the Fontana Speedway. I was there for a Porsche event. They also had an Autocross setup in the parking lot. Did that multiple times. Great fun!
Old 16 hours ago
Lives for gear

Picked this up at the end of Dec. a '13 w/34k miles. Has a couple of little quirks - things you would not expect from a $65k car, but once I get past those, I could not be happier.
Attached Thumbnails
All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-jeffcar-01.jpg   All you slutz - let's see your transport.....-jeffcar-04.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search