The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The Megaupload Song
Old 13th December 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit View Post
that actually remains to be seen, threatening to sue, and actually suing are very different...

Quote:
Megaupload is threatening to sue Universal Music Group
Old 13th December 2011
Gear addict

Billboard has an interesting update to the story: http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indus...oad-1005662752

Quote:
Universal has confirmed for us that a takedown request was made over an unauthorized performance of one of its artists, Gin Wigmore. But we've also learned that Ken Hertz, attorney for Will.I.Am, also filed a takedown request last week with YouTube.

What's going on here?

Hertz says that like many of the artists who appear in the video, his client had never consented to the " Megaupload Mega Song."
Old 13th December 2011
Old 13th December 2011
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack gear View Post
that actually remains to be seen, threatening to sue, and actually suing are very different...
second paragraph from the link I posted:
Quote:
Update: The lawsuit has been filed. Here's the complaint
Old 13th December 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit View Post
second paragraph from the link I posted:
Good luck!
Old 13th December 2011
Gear maniac

This is terrible...we are all doomed.
Old 13th December 2011
Lives for gear

... mmmm, popcorn....
Loading mentioned products ...
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search