Uk Action On Piracy Still Mired In Argument
Old 9th October 2011
Uk Action On Piracy Still Mired In Argument

BBC News - BT and TalkTalk to appeal Digital Economy Act
Old 9th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by from article
The government has also dropped plans to block access to websites which host copyright infringing material, despite the act giving them powers to do so.
I wonder if they're taking a 'wait and see' approach (ie, wait and see if similar measures pass in the US, and if they have the intended effect)
Quote:
Originally Posted by from article
Instead, it is likely that rights holders will be encouraged to take action against ISPs themselves using different laws.
Wait... a low paid musician is supposed to mount a legal battle against the billion dollar ISP? hmm... i wonder how much it takes to buy a legislator these days. Or am i reading that wrong?
Old 9th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwDeOhh View Post
I wonder if they're taking a 'wait and see' approach (ie, wait and see if similar measures pass in the US, and if they have the intended effect)

Wait... a low paid musician is supposed to mount a legal battle against the billion dollar ISP? hmm... i wonder how much it takes to buy a legislator these days. Or am i reading that wrong?
No, I think you're reading it quite accurately - and that the legislators are already being bought. Or maybe judges...... Or both.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search