The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tenenbaum back on the hook for $675k: Court reverses reduction in damages Modular Synthesizers
Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear
Well I am indeed recognizing that idea as a minority position, but that doesn't mean I have to change my opinion and not think it's a bit excessive. Plus isn't this only the second case that went to a jury trial? Regardless, I appreciate the insight.
Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear

Tenenbaum got off easy. On the internet, people don't pack heat.
Old 24th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitymusic View Post
Well I am indeed recognizing that idea as a minority position, but that doesn't mean I have to change my opinion and not think it's a bit excessive. Plus isn't this only the second case that went to a jury trial? Regardless, I appreciate the insight.
Only two cases have gone to trial because everyone else has had sense enough to take the extremely generous settlements that were offered.
Old 24th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryhart View Post
every single jury award for file-sharing has been in the range of thousands of dollars per work. At what point do we recognize that the idea that these are unfair or excessive verdicts is a minority position?
excellent point.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search