The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Music sales up in 2011
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

Music sales up in 2011

Quote:
Thanks to a surge in digital sales and strong catalog sales -- and possibly the shutdown of a major P2P network -- music sales have jumped in 2011. A recent NARM-sponsored webinar by Nielsen examined the sales spike and showed a number of causes at work.
Full story at The 2011 Music-Sales Boost, By The Numbers | Billboard.biz

Quote:
One factor behind the increase in track sales could be the shutting down of the LimeWire P2P service in late October of last year. The spike in sales was immediate, noticeable and lasting.
Old 6th September 2011
and imagine what would happen to sales if we had effective measures against the rest!
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack gear View Post
and imagine what would happen to sales if we had effective measures against the rest!
Exactly. Piracy is THE number 1 enemy to an artist trying to make a living. (and in turn, everyone else in the chain)
I can't wait until ALL the big "sharing" sites are brought down. Only then will we truely know what the market currently is. And maybe then we'll see some actual A&R/Artist development money start creeping back into the fold.
If you value GOOD music, say NO to piracy!
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

imagine the sales if they had music that all the people want to hear
Old 6th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeanalogueguy View Post
There's never been more choice and more easy ways to access varied music.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
You, as a creative person, don't really want that. The world would need only one band / artist.
Old 7th September 2011
Quote:
there's a saying from my youth... if it's too loud, you're too old...
Old 8th September 2011
Quote:
Ain't no such animal. I know there's a lot of music that some people apparently love that I personally can't stand - Kenny G, Steely Dan, "soft rock" and "lite jazz" in general, Hip-hop, anything with ottotune on it....

Most fusion, a majority of prog, anything else that features gymnastic fingering exercises at the expense of emotional content......

But that's just me. People will buy nearly anything it seems - unless they can steal it easily.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search