The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How YouTube thinks about copyright
Old 24th December 2010
How YouTube thinks about copyright

YouTube spokeswoman Margaret Stewart speaks on TedTalks.

Margaret Gould Stewart: How YouTube thinks about copyright | Video on TED.com
Old 24th December 2010
No comments? I would have thought that some of you who are so vocal about YouTube would have something to say........
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

i LOVE TED, great stuff on there...
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

I'm pretty sure this was discussed at length closer to when it was first posted in June.
Old 27th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by psalad View Post
I'm pretty sure this was discussed at length closer to when it was first posted in June.
Maybe I missed it, or forgot. At any rate I thought it bears posting given the number of people who keep popping up dragging around the "What about YouTube?" red herring.
Old 27th December 2010
my present problem with YouTube is the staggering gap between what they say (PR) and what they do (Practice).

No doubt they've done a lot (in the wake of the viacom suit), but I can also tell you that a lot of it is window dressing. This is first hand, day in, day out experience at multiple levels of the food chain and having direct conversations with them representing interests at different levels...
Old 27th January 2011
Old 27th January 2011
Gear Maniac

Exclamation

Yet again another Youtube thread

John I must compliment you on your 180 degrees turn in the way you converse with your fellow members. I am really impressed you have been able to make this happen on such short notice.

I see the bullying and insulting has been dropped significantly. Kudos to you for making that happen.(keep it up even when it's hard sometimes)

Anyway, You are the thread starter so I consider myself guest in your thread. Before I respond I would like to ask you some questions. (no it's not a poll

Are we allowed to talk YT here?
Are you going to respect my opinion?
Do you really want to discuss this again?
If it does not concern piracy may we talk about it?

Always...respect and peace thumbsup
Old 27th January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicProducer View Post
Yet again another Youtube thread

John I must compliment you on your 180 degrees turn in the way you converse with your fellow members. I am really impressed you have been able to make this happen on such short notice.

I see the bullying and insulting has been dropped significantly. Kudos to you for making that happen.(keep it up even when it's hard sometimes)

Anyway, You are the thread starter so I consider myself guest in your thread. Before I respond I would like to ask you some questions. (no it's not a poll

Are we allowed to talk YT here?
Are you going to respect my opinion?
Do you really want to discuss this again?
If it does not concern piracy may we talk about it?

Always...respect and peace thumbsup
I actually started this thread (just) before the use of YT as a smokescreen started being a real problem. I just bumped it in the hopes of putting and end to, or at least a damper on the endless discussions of YT that are propagating across multiple threads.

Personally, I'd rather see ALL the YT discussions moved to the general music business forum, which is a more appropriate place for them.

Of course you can talk Youtube here. Specifically, this thread is about YT's strategies for dealing with content owners and providing them with payment.

Whether I respect any particular opinion depends on how silly (or not) it is and whether it actually takes the facts of the situation into account.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search