The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Court Reduces Award In Jammie Thomas-Rasset Case From To $2,250 Per Song
Old 22nd January 2010
Lives for gear

Court Reduces Award In Jammie Thomas-Rasset Case To $2,250 Per Song

Copyrights & Campaigns: Court reduces award in Jammie Thomas-Rasset case to $2,250 per song; avoids constitutional issue; enjoins further infringement

Still too high but much better than that $80k thing. Should be about $50 a song (which is much closer to the real damages that could have possibly been done).
Old 22nd January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop View Post
Copyrights & Campaigns: Court reduces award in Jammie Thomas-Rasset case to $2,250 per song; avoids constitutional issue; enjoins further infringement

Still too high but much better than that $80k thing. Should be about $50 a song (which is much closer to the real damages that could have possibly been done).
I'd suspect the response will be strategic with larger goals in mind.
Old 22nd January 2010
Lives for gear

I support this. ~$2.2k per song seems fair enough.
Old 29th January 2010
it's also important to remember - they offered her a $5,000 TOTAL settlement from DAY ONE. She absolutely, completely totally refused to acknowledge ANY WRONG DOING... that's the issue and that's why she's been singled out to this degree.

I mean really - if you get busted speeding and argue with the Cop issuing the ticket, and then go to court and insist you weren't speeding when you were...

C'mon on already - she brought this on herself. What an idiot.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search