The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Canadian Recording Industry Hit With $6 Billion Copyright Lawsuit
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

Canadian Recording Industry Hit With $6 Billion Copyright Lawsuit

Michael Geist - Canadian Recording Industry Hit With $6 Billion Copyright Lawsuit

I guess they will have to end their false propaganda campaign (that redvelvetstudios and others have fallen for) now that it is proven that they themselves are infringers.

A win for the good guys.
Old 8th December 2009
.T.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop View Post
Michael Geist - Canadian Recording Industry Hit With $6 Billion Copyright Lawsuit

I guess they will have to end their false propaganda campaign (that redvelvetstudios and others have fallen for) now that it is proven that they themselves are infringers.

A win for the good guys.
Very fitting. It will be very interesting to see what the outcome is.
Old 8th December 2009
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
These numbers may sound outrageous, yet they are based on the same rules that has led the recording industry to claim a single file sharer is liable for millions in damages.
I love this!!
Old 12th December 2009
Deleted User
Quote:
Not proven yet. Innocent (ha!) until proven guilty in a court of law and all that...

Here's a link to the pdf of the suit

Interesting to see that the suit was filed over a year ago. Is it only just coming to court?
Old 18th December 2009
Quote:

A win for the good guys.
uh - exactly what false propaganda campaign am I alleged to have fallen for?

yet again you confuse my anti-piracy, pro-compensation position with being pro-major label...

I really don't care about major labels... at times their agenda and mine overlap but that's just a mutual goals, not my global support of their policies or behaviors...

have you read any of my numerous anti-spotify posts?

I called bull**** on spotify on these forums before any of the crap on them (and the majors equity stakes) hit the mainstream media...

jeesh man... read...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search