The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread
Old 6th August 2017
Lives for Jesus

Stella and Cindy in the Inspiration Control Room during construction

Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc03051.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc03037.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc03046.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc03033.jpg  
Old 6th August 2017
Lives for gear

Wow! Beauties!

In that bottom shot it looks like Stella's either testing room acoustics, or practicing her rhythm. She already has access to a beautiful studio, so you'd better buy her a drumset just to cover all the bases!
Old 6th August 2017
Lives for Jesus

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtienhaara View Post
Wow! Beauties!

In that bottom shot it looks like Stella's either testing room acoustics, or practicing her rhythm. She already has access to a beautiful studio, so you'd better buy her a drumset just to cover all the bases!
Hahahhaha Yes, Stella is clapping maybe she will be a drummer,... or engineer, anything studio related would be great.

Thanks for the reply and the encouragement
Old 9th August 2017
Lives for Jesus

Got the Ground Rods in today !! Three 8ft copper rods spaced 8ft apart and all tied together with 6ga copper wire. It was i pain to pound these in...

sorry, the last pic was taken in the dark,..

Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-groundrods-1.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-grods-1.jpg  
Old 9th August 2017
Lives for Jesus

Control Room almost done,. all thats needed is the flooring, Door, Windows and aircon. I will be working on the floor tomorrow,... and we are going to build our own interior doors.. using 2 layers of 3/4" particle board. hope thats enough Should i use 3 layers of 3/4" particleboard ?

Control Room Front Wall

Rear Wall.. all the missing wood trim will be added after i finish the floor and install the baseboards,.. i have them all precut.

Live Room is next.. hope to start framing next week.

Front of Building, We got the exterior doors done,.. My friend Joel and Ed did all the door work !!

Sound Lock-Live Room load in door

Main Entrance

Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-front-building.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-front-wall-1.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-live-room.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-rear-wall-1.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-side-wall-1.jpg  

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-sound-lock-door.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-front-door.jpg  

Last edited by stevep; 9th August 2017 at 05:37 PM..
Old 9th August 2017
Gear Guru

Man Steve - you're making some awesome progress!! Very proud of your efforts. What an awesome place this will be to make music!
Old 9th August 2017
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Man Steve - you're making some awesome progress!! Very proud of your efforts. What an awesome place this will be to make music!
Thanks for all the encouragement, prayers and help! Hope to be bringing the gear in next week,.. wont hook it up till the live room is done or almost done.. but it will be good to have the console in the room. I have a couple friends helping me now,.. so i hope the live room goes up fast.

Plus I have to solder a million pairs.. But, I will be SO glad to be using a solder gun ,. not a nail gun hhaha

This week it is the CR floor, the CR door (we have to build the soundproof doors ourself) and possibly aircon for the CR.

Old 11th August 2017
Gear Nut

Question: one 8 foot grounding rod is enough to ground a house. Why three?
Old 12th August 2017
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
Question: one 8 foot grounding rod is enough to ground a house. Why three?
Hi and thanks for the question,. I use three ground rods because I wanted a better ground for audio. and this is a sandy soil here. If one is good,.. 3 are better ! hahahha

Your right, 1 rod is good for a home for electrical safety, but for studio ground we want the best ground we can get.
Old 12th August 2017
Lives for Jesus

Thumbs down

Working on the Acid Stain Concrete floor for the Control Room for the last 4 days,..

I would post some pics,.. But.. it looks terrible !!

Old 12th August 2017
Lives for gear

You're a perfectionist, Steve. (And perfect is a skinned knee, etc.) For all the reasons you might have chosen your new studio's name, I think it applies to all of us watching, learning, and dealing with our own frustrations and setbacks. Personally I've learned a lot of technical things so far in this thread, but the most useful lessons to me have been your demonstrations of patience, diligence, and sense of balance, particularly when dealing with problems.

Good luck getting over your current hurdle without too much grief!

Johann
Old 12th August 2017
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtienhaara View Post
You're a perfectionist, Steve. (And perfect is a skinned knee, etc.) For all the reasons you might have chosen your new studio's name, I think it applies to all of us watching, learning, and dealing with our own frustrations and setbacks. Personally I've learned a lot of technical things so far in this thread, but the most useful lessons to me have been your demonstrations of patience, diligence, and sense of balance, particularly when dealing with problems.

Good luck getting over your current hurdle without too much grief!

Johann
Hi Johann, thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot to me.

I'm still learning to deal with problems, roadblocks, trials, etc.. sometimes I don't do so well dealing with them... not too much patience,. lol. But after the dust settles I look back and the problem worked out for good, and in the end it was better than I thought it would be. I'm holding on to Romans 8:28

Like the acid stain flooring,.. After 4 days of struggling, me and everyone else agreeing on how bad it looks,.. lol.. Today I tried another approach and now its looking acceptable, actually pretty cool !

Always learning...

Old 6th September 2017
Lives for Jesus

Need .... Ibuprofen .... ...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for Jesus

Hi guys,. sorry for the long time between updates... i have been dealing with sick kid, and my hands are messed up... so forced to rest a couple days.

The Live Room is looking and sounding great !!

The Isolation Booth framing and drywall is started.

The D&R Octagon is in the control room.

I have lots of pics to upload... super busy, but i will try to get to it

Ok,.. off to work today.
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-a1-control-room.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-a1-iso-1.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-a1-live-room.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Looking great man!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

oooohhhhh yeah!!!!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Looking strong and slick Steve!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for Jesus

Thanks for the encouragement guys,. Im working on electrical wiring for the machine room now,. I have a 2 friends helping me to finish the drywall on the Iso Booth and help me with some work in the Live Room.

I was set back a couple weeks because my hands were shot... had a forced rest,. couldn't move my thumb and when I tried to move it was dislocating... Ouch! Too many dirtbike and skiing crashes.. lol .. and this week baby is very sick :(

But now the console is in the control room,. I really want to start the commissioning... I need to finish up some other things so I can totally focus on the console and audio wiring

Thanks again for following this thread
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

I hope Stella gets better quickly Steve!!! It's a part of having young children though. <sigh> Studio looks great. I'm feeling the physical effects of a lifetime of dirt biking too. Not too bad, but still.... Love to see the pics. keep em coming! bp
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Um... the console might work better if it was facing the monitors, LOL.

Thanks to you, I'm now the proud owner of 3 new copper rods. Really enjoying this thread. Any updates?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Um... the console might work better if it was facing the monitors, LOL.

Thanks to you, I'm now the proud owner of 3 new copper rods. Really enjoying this thread. Any updates?
Hi Roy, Hahahah Yes, kinda hard to mix laying on the floor

A few days ago we sat her up on her feet ! I am so looking forward to start the commissioning. I have to finish up the Live Room acoustics first.

This week I finished up most of the machine room,.. just need to build a work bench.

Thanks for your interest in the studio build, it is encouraging for me to know you and the guys are enjoying and watching this.
Some of my friends helped me set the desk on her feet

All the channels and other internal parts in the boxes.. . Everything looks like it made the trip from AU safe,. the rats chewed some of the PSU wires,. I think its only the outer plastic,. an easy fix... So far I have not seen any damage to the ribbon cables
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-aa1-feet.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-aa1-channels.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-aa1-feet-2.jpg  
Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru

Rats get hungry on boats.

Even on dry land, I've lost a lot of cables to rats. Of course, they always go to the MIDDLE of the cable to begin chewing....

PS - they REALLY like Mogami.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for Jesus

Quote:

So glad to hear you got the Ground Rods !

The way i installed them....
- In a Triangle
- Each rod same distance from the other rods as it is long,.. so for 8ft rods the spacing apart is 8ft.
- all tied together with heavy copper wire,. i used 6AWG (welded to the rod is best)
- Install them as close to the main breaker panel as possible, Use heavy copper wire for the run to the breaker panel / Ground buss.
- Some guys like to leave the clamps above ground so the clamps wont fall apart in 5 years... I had to bury them below the surface because of safety reasons, (people and kids walking in that area)
- So i used 4" PVC and end caps for 'Inspection covers'

I'm sure i forgot something... If you have any questions please ask

Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-ground-rod-3.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-ground-rod-1.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-ground-rod-2.jpg  
Old 5 days ago
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Rats get hungry on boats.

Even on dry land, I've lost a lot of cables to rats. Of course, they always go to the MIDDLE of the cable to begin chewing....

PS - they REALLY like Mogami.
Hi Bill,.
hahahha,. They dident like the Gepco... hahahha at least so far,.. i still have not inspected all the cabling.

The rats got to it here at the Bible college where i had the desk in storage.. i was at war with them,. putting out poison,.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search