The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
shed conversion in progress
Old 8th December 2014
Lives for gear

Hung some curtains while listening to Captain Beefhearts "Bat Chain Puller" album. They look much better in person than in this photo. The curtains were actually the first thing I bought for my studio; from a specialty second-hand curtain shop in Christchurch. My wife is sure they came out of a brothel but she is very envious of my every move with this studio and will stop at nothing to discredit the drapes. I also built another fencepost diffuser. Bit more arty this time (to ensure maximum sonic capability). I have been listening to many of the artists that made me want to make music in the first place out here. Things are sounding good! IMO. Soon will be my turn if I can sort out my staff issues at work. I am sure that all their problems (which somehow become my problem!), could be solved by a series of fast rabbit punches to the head. But I am not a doctor and cannot legally prescribe.
Attached Thumbnails
shed conversion in progress-img_0344.jpg   shed conversion in progress-img_0364.jpg  
Old 14th December 2018
Ran into this old thread while researching idea's for buying converting a shed into a personal studio.

Over the summer I bought a 10X20 ft Hickory Shed, much like this model for my business storage. Mine has windows on the side instead.

I was originally thinking about getting one of their larger porch model sheds, maybe 12X24 ft, and convert it to use for a hangout/guest house being my one of my 2 spare bedrooms are used for a home office, and the other my studio. But I'm considering of moving my studio to a potential new Hickory Shed instead. I can't even play my electric guitar or my keyboard with headphones without my girlfriend hearing the twanging of an unplugged electric guitar, or fingers pressing on a keyboard while she's trying to sleep.

This is the 12X24 ft porch model I have in mind for a studio. The porch looks very nice & attractive, although it would reduce the overall inner square footage.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search