Lives for Jesus

Thumbs up

Sweet ! 30 traps heh heh heh heh

I got your PM,.... Anytime is cool for me

steve
Old 14th January 2007
Lives for gear

Okay... pretty much finished

With the exception of needing to add the air co and exchanger in a couple of months when it heats up.

The booth has been used for probably 8 vocal tracks, and a half a dozen ac guitar, elec git, and small kit.

I'm digging the drum sound ALOT. it's super even, and if we don't hit too hard, some great tones are happening. I'm getting a super useable mono'ed "mini' kit vibe, and when I add in some aptrigga it's pretty darn cool.

I'll be cutting some sax soon, and some cello next week.

I added a 2x2 stud, pink r19 and TWO layers of 5/8ths yesterday on the wall that was bleeding innto the stud's of the house ( and upstairs to the kitchen)
It's helped ALOT, but there is still SOME dicernable "thump" that would annoy the wife if she's home during drum tracking - even with this little 16inch kick.(sounds sick) I'll basically keep the drum tracking to a minimum, and during the day hours so as not to annoy or tip off the condo police.

I am SO stoked to have this place- it's in full swing now, and there are about 4 different full length projects that are running through here. A couple friends have affectionately referred to it as " the hub" with so many muso's stopping by to work .

I'm still going to be doing band and principle tracking at Sounden ( mpr3's place) but this is such a great way to work when the muse hits... ( giddy about my first REAL home studio)

here's some pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Cajonezzz builds a Voc/drum/amp booth.-img_0303.jpg   Cajonezzz builds a Voc/drum/amp booth.-img_0307.jpg   Cajonezzz builds a Voc/drum/amp booth.-img_0292.jpg   Cajonezzz builds a Voc/drum/amp booth.-img_0301.jpg   Cajonezzz builds a Voc/drum/amp booth.-img_0312.jpg  

Old 14th January 2007
Lives for gear

and:
Attached Thumbnails
Cajonezzz builds a Voc/drum/amp booth.-img_0276.jpg   Cajonezzz builds a Voc/drum/amp booth.-img_0298.jpg  
Old 14th January 2007
500 series nutjob

so cool congrats
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks Pan! how's your place comming? you ever get it done?
Old 15th January 2007
500 series nutjob

not yet but i am getting closer.
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for Jesus

Looking great ! heh

nice to be done with the construction and making music isn't it !

Old 20th January 2007
Gear Nut

wow. your place looks awesome! Totally inspiring to see all the pics from start to finish and to know that you got it all put together on the QT right under the condo association's nose. Congrats.
Old 20th January 2007
Lives for gear

Do you sit on that ball?
Old 20th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicylime View Post
Do you sit on that ball?
Yep.

it's a "fit ball " like you find at the gym.

it's saved my back in a big way from those long sessions. Keeps you moving and your core working and strong.

my visiting AE friends are hooked on it too!

highly recommended.
Old 20th January 2007
Lives for gear

Wow, that sounds really interesting. Any chance of a link to where you bought it or somewhere you know might stock them?

Is it genuinely comfortable enough for sessions? What about not having anything to lean back on, or is that the point? This might sounds stupid, but does it react and resonate to any frequencies while mixing and give a false impression?
Old 21st January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wow, that sounds really interesting. Any chance of a link to where you bought it or somewhere you know might stock them?

Is it genuinely comfortable enough for sessions? What about not having anything to lean back on, or is that the point? This might sounds stupid, but does it react and resonate to any frequencies while mixing and give a false impression?
Heh--- no sonic problems with it.

You can't lean back--- the point is that it forces you to balance. Your making little micro adjustments, with keeps your muscles in play all the time, strengthening and stretching. It's funny I walk in and see my buddy chris sitting on it. he's a tall lanky guy that sometimes has back problems, and this has helped him on those long days. I don't use it ALL the time, but when I know I'm going to be sitting there for hours on end, i definitely use it for the bulk of the time. As well as keeping a couple 15-2-0 lb hand weights to hit arms/shoulders while sitting on the ball ( also do sit ups on the ball) during what I like to call " passive listening".

I take a listen while doing a little routine... do that 20 times a day during a mix session listening, and i feel pretty darn good. And not so guilty that I didn't make it to the gym, or get out of the cave ( lot's of 10 hour days lately)
I knew I had to do something, as the AE/studio life can just wreck your body.
Just attend an AES and look at some of these guys, it's tough on the bod.

you can order them anywhere that sells fitness stuff I'd think. Mine was a hand me down from a friend.

cz
Old 8th February 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:

It's pretty much a Yoga Ball, could get it pretty much anywhere. I use the same thing, as well as your cheapo office chair (except I took the back rest off). Now it's just a rotating seat. They have really helped my back problems.

If only I could find something to relieve my wrists...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search