The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.
Old 23rd July 2014
Gear Addict
I used to live in Omaha when I was stationed there, probably will go be going back next year. When are you guys looking at finishing the studio? Sounds like you'll have a nice console to track on, got some good engineers? I'd like to know more about the planned studio for when it becomes operational.
Old 26th July 2014
Drywall Complete

Drywall is finished for now. There a couple walls that will need to be finished later. We also started touching up the front of the building. We start running wires as soon as we receive them. Then finished woodwork should be right around the corner.
Attached Thumbnails
Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-2-4.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-2-5.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-3-2.jpg  
Old 29th July 2014
Putting walls up

We started progressing development outside of the control room and live room. Putting up separating walls between the front lounge and the kitchen. As well as finishing putting the inside wall in front of the water system and isolated hallway.
Attached Thumbnails
Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-2-6.png   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-1-7.png   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-4-2.png   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-3-4.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-5-2.png  

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-3-3.png  
Old 12th August 2014
Moving Forward

This week has been very busy, not only did we run our LV wiring, but drywall was finished and the second stage of insulation is in full swing. Here's a few photos of the wires and the conduit point in the control room where everything was pulled through.

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-4-7.jpg

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-3-9.jpg

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-1-13.jpg

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-2-9.png

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-1-10.png

Here's a few photos of the 703 being put over the drywall in the control room.

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-2-12.jpg

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-3-6.png

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-5-5.jpg

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-3-8.png

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-1-11.png

Finally here's some photos of the front of the building,the tech room, and the double door entry.
Attached Thumbnails
Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-3-5.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-5-4.png   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-1-9.png   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-4-5.png   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-5-6.png  

Old 15th August 2014
Cement Poured

Had to do a little work to the PVC but we figured it out and got our trench and box poured, along with the rest of the dug up floor.

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-wiremess.png

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-3-6.jpg

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-5-4.jpg

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-floor-box.png

Here's a few photos of the 703 being put up in the live room as well.

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-1-9.png

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-2-9.jpg

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-3-8.jpg

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-4-5.png
Old 20th August 2014
Insulation and the Bass Trap Assembly

The rest of the insulation has been finished up. Fabric goes up this week.

Also here's a bit of the progress on the bass trap. Should be finished by the end of the day.
Attached Thumbnails
Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-2.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-4.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-5.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-2-3.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-3-2.jpg  

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-1-2.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-1-8.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-3-5.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-5-3.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-insul.jpg  

Old 4th September 2014
Fabric

We started the putting up the black fabric in the control room yesterday. Should be finished by the week's end. More photos to come.
Attached Thumbnails
Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-2-48.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-1-79.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-2-47.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-3-57.jpg  
Old 11th September 2014
HVAC and Fabric

Decided to take a different approach the fabric. Much cleaner this time around. Also had the HVAC workers installing the returns and sends in the control room.
Attached Thumbnails
Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-4.png   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-5.png   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-2-5.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-2-8.png   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-duct.png  

Old 18th September 2014
Control Room Fabric

Both the control room and isolation booth have all their fabric attached to the walls. Next we build out boxes around the air ducts and then the finished woodwork starts. As we move forward the live room will begin to be covered in fabric while the finished woodwork is done in the control room. We also start
more demolition on the back rooms of the building. More photos to come
Attached Thumbnails
Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-4-5.png   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-2-10.png   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-photo-1-12.png  
Old 20th May 2015
We're Back

After a long hiatus Make Believe Studios' construction is back in full swing. Lots of news, but I'll keep it short for now. Due to parameter issues the live room and it's Hvac had to be reworked, but are now going smoothly. Here's a few photos of the two back rooms (Mix room&writing room) being framed, as well as a couple photos showing the form of the walls coming together in the live room. More photos to be posted throughout the next couple months. We will keep you posted!
Attached Thumbnails
Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0711.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0715.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0717.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0724.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0757.jpg  

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0765.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0764.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0688.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0701.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0699.jpg  

Last edited by Rick Carson; 24th May 2015 at 06:55 PM..
Old 20th May 2015
Lives for gear

Great to see it finally coming back on track Rick.......

Rod
Old 30th May 2015
More Framing

This week we've had the electrician move and put in a new electrical panel and started running conduit. Framing is pretty much finished out just a few more odds and ends before it's done. Electrical work is the next big task-- finishing running conduit and lines as well as running grids in the ceiling of the lounge and getting lights and power in all rooms next week. More photos soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0087.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0088.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0094.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0123.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0121.jpg  

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0120.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0119.jpg  
Old 6th July 2015
Live Room Finished Woodwork

So much happening at once. We're nearing the end! Here are just a few photos of the Live Room's progress over the month. Much more to come soon!!
Attached Thumbnails
Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0383.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0364.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0360.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0355.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0352.jpg  

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0344.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0337.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0209.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0206.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0203.jpg  

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0351.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0335.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0353.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0388.jpg  
Old 7th July 2015
Lives for gear

Looking good Rick
Old 23rd September 2015
A Few Photos of Progress

Live room progress -- lights have been installed and are working, hvac is nearly complete, and glass has been installed.

Back writing room has panels and insulation installed and currently being painted.
Attached Thumbnails
Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0526.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0527.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0529.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0534.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0533.jpg  

Old 25th September 2015
Lives for gear

looking even better
Old 25th September 2015
Lives for gear

Really starting to come together, need to get up to check out the progress.
Old 25th November 2015
Fabric, Finished Woodwork Control Room

Last week the control room finished out the framework, fabric and started finished trim this week. We also had the crew put together the majority of the iso-booth custom door. I'll be posting more progress photos of the rest of the building here shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0607.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0608.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0605.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0606.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0725.jpg  

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0722.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0721.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0720.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0719.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0724.jpg  

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0723.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0714.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0715.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0704.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0661.jpg  

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0624.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0625.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0627.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-img_0628.jpg  
Old 2nd December 2015
Lives for gear

great job on the door

Rod
Old 12th April 2016
I know we skipped a few months

But the studio is done and here are some photos!!! I'll post some progress photos from the last five months of construction over the next few days.
Attached Thumbnails
Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-mbs_0007.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-mbs_0006.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-mbs_0005.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-mbs_0004.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-mbs_0003.jpg  

Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-mbs_0002.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-mbs_0001.jpg  
Old 12th April 2016
That's just crazy gorgeous! Congrats!!
Old 13th April 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacyman View Post
That's just crazy gorgeous! Congrats!!
Thank you we really appreciate that!
Old 17th April 2016
Finished Shots

Here's our Studio B's Credenza.

A view from behind our Yamaha C7 Piano in our main tracking room.

More photos to come,
Attached Thumbnails
Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-mbs-studio0003.jpg   Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-mbs-studio0015.jpg  
Old 17th April 2016
Lives for gear

This might be a stupid question (I'm just starting to do some research for my own studio build), but what's the wall AC unit in the picture of the control room? Is it running in conjunction with the HVAC system? My studio is going to be pretty small so I don't think I need to run an HVAC system, I've been researching quieter wall units that run to a larger unit outside the building.

Also, love the space! I was very skeptical about where you were going with the black fabric on the wall, but it looks really great with that darker stained wood!
Old 17th April 2016
Lives for gear

That's a ductless mini split. They are very quiet and can simplify your build but they do not bring in fresh air so you have factor that in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersmv View Post
This might be a stupid question (I'm just starting to do some research for my own studio build), but what's the wall AC unit in the picture of the control room? Is it running in conjunction with the HVAC system? My studio is going to be pretty small so I don't think I need to run an HVAC system, I've been researching quieter wall units that run to a larger unit outside the building.

Also, love the space! I was very skeptical about where you were going with the black fabric on the wall, but it looks really great with that darker stained wood!
Old 17th April 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamrock80 View Post
That's a ductless mini split. They are very quiet and can simplify your build but they do not bring in fresh air so you have factor that in.
You might have some insight on this. I'm about to build out in the middle of nowhere/country and will have one control room and one live room. The control room will be smaller, a total of less than 1500 square feet. Do you have any suggestions on a small system like the one you have, what do you have? The rooms are going to be acoustically treated, but it's so quiet out there that I don't have to worry about noise issues getting in or out. I guess that translates into rooms that are not completely "sealed" like you would normally do in a studio, so I don't think I'll have to worry about circulating air. I just need to heat and cool.
Old 18th April 2016
Lives for gear

This isn't my build but i am currently building my room and have been posting pictures.

My hvac contractor spec'd a 1.5 ton Fujitsu mini split for my basement studio. It stays pretty cool down there so primarily I need heat and dehumidification. I know enough to get you in trouble so I'd advice you speak with an hvac contractor especially on the fresh air component.

Quote:
You might have some insight on this. I'm about to build out in the middle of nowhere/country and will have one control room and one live room. The control room will be smaller, a total of less than 1500 square feet. Do you have any suggestions on a small system like the one you have, what do you have? The rooms are going to be acoustically treated, but it's so quiet out there that I don't have to worry about noise issues getting in or out. I guess that translates into rooms that are not completely "sealed" like you would normally do in a studio, so I don't think I'll have to worry about circulating air. I just need to heat and cool.
Old 18th April 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamrock80 View Post
This isn't my build but i am currently building my room and have been posting pictures.

My hvac contractor spec'd a 1.5 ton Fujitsu mini split for my basement studio. It stays pretty cool down there so primarily I need heat and dehumidification. I know enough to get you in trouble so I'd advice you speak with an hvac contractor especially on the fresh air component.
That's good advice, I will get a few opinions from the pros. This is an area that I literally know little about and I hate going into something blind. Right now someone could feed me a bunch of bull and I would be none the wiser!
Old 25th April 2016
Quote:
That's good advice, I will get a few opinions from the pros. This is an area that I literally know little about and I hate going into something blind. Right now someone could feed me a bunch of bull and I would be none the wiser!
yeah HVAC is nothing to mess with are fresh air return can be seen right above the unit!!
Old 18th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple Island View Post
nice place but lakes the integrity
Classy...

-EDIT-

Not surprised after a few minutes of research to find out there's a studio with the same name in the same place.
Attached Thumbnails
Make Believe Studio's New Studio Compound. Omaha NE.-lake-integrity.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search