The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Decade Sound studio build - Tacoma, WA
Old 23rd March 2016
Lives for gear

A few quick pics that I think I downloaded yesterday.....

Thic of the desk in a somewhat temporary location until I get the rest of the wiring done for the patchback and tie lines from the other rooms.

The 2 bay rack is a temporary thing I got off of Craigslist for $50!

The pretty lady is Pamela Moore (Queensryche, Pamela Moore Band) I just finished up a couple of shows with her in the Bahamas and now we are going to begin some tracking for an April release. Awesome singer and a great person to work with.

The drum kit is mine and is a Yamaha Recording Custom. I wasn't getting what I wanted out of the kick drum so I used the second bass drum to extend it! Now it goes BOOOOOOOMMMMM!
Attached Thumbnails
Decade Sound studio build - Tacoma, WA-img_6618.jpg   Decade Sound studio build - Tacoma, WA-img_6610.jpg   Decade Sound studio build - Tacoma, WA-img_6608.jpg   Decade Sound studio build - Tacoma, WA-img_6598.jpg  
Old 23rd March 2016
Lives for gear

I think I missed out on posting a few of these pics.

Pamela Moore raiding the mics and the trussing up against the back wall of the live room.

Not really sure why that pics posted twice.
Attached Thumbnails
Decade Sound studio build - Tacoma, WA-img_6588.jpg   Decade Sound studio build - Tacoma, WA-12509377_449096341962746_4321394165143685948_n.jpg   Decade Sound studio build - Tacoma, WA-trussing-up.jpg  
Old 24th March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoxxx View Post

Hope all is well on your end Croaker!
Can't complain!
Attached Thumbnails
Decade Sound studio build - Tacoma, WA-image.jpg   Decade Sound studio build - Tacoma, WA-image.jpg  

Last edited by Croaker; 24th March 2016 at 11:51 AM..
Old 24th March 2016
Lives for Jesus

the Amek looks great ! glad you like it. Your room is looking great also

I haven't started construction yet... challenges with the blueprints and permits are all I need to complete.. I cant wait to start making music
Old 24th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
Can't complain!
Croaker you are certainly a blessed man! CARRY ON!!!
Old 24th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep View Post
the Amek looks great ! glad you like it. Your room is looking great also

I haven't started construction yet... challenges with the blueprints and permits are all I need to complete.. I cant wait to start making music
Thanks Steve for the compliments on my room. Funny thing about my desk...it is 56 channels of Neve modules and I am running it like a split configuration console at the moment. That gives me 24 channels on one side and 32 on the other and I am already afraid of running out! Guess I may need to call Dave Rochester again and have him start looking for another one!

Since you were the one that inspired me to start this thread, I am really really interested to see what you do this time around with your new place.

Carry on!!!
Old 24th March 2016
Quote:
Thanks Steve for the compliments on my room. Funny thing about my desk...it is 56 channels of Neve modules and I am running it like a split configuration console at the moment. That gives me 24 channels on one side and 32 on the other and I am already afraid of running out! Guess I may need to call Dave Rochester again and have him start looking for another one!

Since you were the one that inspired me to start this thread, I am really really interested to see what you do this time around with your new place.

Carry on!!!
I like the split channel setup...forces me to commit to my choices.
Old 24th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
I like the split channel setup...forces me to commit to my choices.
Yes it does! Once I get this studio wiring finished up I will be able to use all 56 channels on the desk during mix down with the 32 analog outs from the Antelope Orion and then still have 24 channels left for doing FX returns, grouping, and channel stacking. Sort of wondering now if even having 32 outs is going to be enough!
Old 5th June 2016
Lives for gear

Still working on the build every day. Much what is being done right now is not photo worthy, or maybe it is. I have been updating the studios FB page once in a while mostly because it is easy to do. I rarely have time to sit down and log on here for much these days. Hopefully once I get the studio done I'll be able to post session samples.
Old 6th June 2016
Lives for Jesus

looking forward to hearing the music your making there after all your hard construction work,.. yes, it will all be worth it

I will look for your fb page
Old 6th June 2016
Lives for gear

Here is a video I did a while back about the Green Glue, Quiet Glue Pro etc during the construction build. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxduYYXoVY
Old 6th June 2016
Lives for gear

Steve, since you asked, here is a quick video of a live session I did for a U2 tribute band called U253 . They are quite good! The monitors are my Focal Twins with the Sub6, converter is a Antelope Orion running direct outs from each channel into the analog ins and a stereo mix (that you hear) is being recorded for the EPK demo. The "Bono" guy isn't great but the guitar player has The Edge dialed!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isKMgkXnF0A
Old 4th July 2016
Lives for gear

Finally getting the last of the input panels wired in today! Thanks to my dad the Rock Star! He does sooo much stuff and he is like a locomotive. Once he gets started you sort of just stay out of his way unless he needs help lifting something.

I am so grateful for his work ethic and attention to detail. I didn't realize how much this project had been wearing me down until he stepped up with some youthful exuberance to help me keep the momentum going.

I have been truly blessed to have him as my dad, my mentor, and my co worker. I love you dad!
Attached Thumbnails
Decade Sound studio build - Tacoma, WA-img_7005.jpg   Decade Sound studio build - Tacoma, WA-img_7012.jpg   Decade Sound studio build - Tacoma, WA-img_7013.jpg   Decade Sound studio build - Tacoma, WA-img_7004.jpg  
Old 5th July 2016
Lives for gear
Well, it is a remarkable story, and one you'll appreciate for the rest of your life. That is quite a project to have undertaken and it has allowed you both to really connect and enjoy each other, as you create this dream. I am glad that you posted it and that I get to read about it and see it come to fruition.

Thanks Shad, really. Just Thanks!
Michael
Old 21st July 2016
Gear Maniac

I just spent a couple hours catching up on this thread - so inspiring how you have kept at it. And so close now - Congratulations! Can't wait for you to be able to celebrate being done!

Deron
Old 23rd July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeronDaum View Post
I just spent a couple hours catching up on this thread - so inspiring how you have kept at it. And so close now - Congratulations! Can't wait for you to be able to celebrate being done!

Deron
Did you ever get your studio done? Last I checked you were having issues with a contractor and looking to sue...Any updates on your set up?
Old 23rd July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintalker View Post
Well, it is a remarkable story, and one you'll appreciate for the rest of your life. That is quite a project to have undertaken and it has allowed you both to really connect and enjoy each other, as you create this dream. I am glad that you posted it and that I get to read about it and see it come to fruition.

Thanks Shad, really. Just Thanks!
Michael
My pleasure Michael. Thank you so much for following along both here and on FB or Youtube. Getting feedback from people like you makes it worth the time to post everything. I really wish I had the time to finish posting everything here. I just don't have enough hours in a day.
Old 23rd July 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Did you ever get your studio done? Last I checked you were having issues with a contractor and looking to sue...Any updates on your set up?
I didn't end up suing, turned out rather sad. He committed suicide. It was about 8 months after he stopped working on my place.

So I didn't make any progress for over a year. I just got a new contractor and starting up again. Should be done around winter time.
Old 17th September 2016
Lives for Jesus

MotoXXX , I guess your done now and making music !! and hopefully getting some riding in.

So now its my turn hahhahah

I started construction the first week of Aug. on my new room in the Philippines

You asked me to let you know when I started,. so, Here is the Thread... this should be Fun

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread

Hope you like it
Old 14th November 2016
Lives for gear

I recently moved back across the country to Tacoma. Something triggered a memory of this thread so, I looked it up. I'd love to come check it out sometime when you have everything up & running.
Old 5th April 2019
Lives for gear

Hey everyone! Still here and still making music! If I can ever find the time I'll post some pics here. I never update the studios FB page or Instagram page.....in fact I don't think I have updated the website in a couple of years either! I SUCK....

Anyhow, hope everyone is doing good. Lots of music and gear stuff happening since my last update.......
Old 5th April 2019
Good to hear from you Moto... was wondering how it was going. Your build was one of the most memorable on this site.... watching you persevere through all of the challenges was inspiring!

Glad to hear you are still making music.

Indeed it is often hard to find time to update web and social media stuff regularly. The only way I can make any progress on this is to actually schedule dedicated time for it in my calendar every once and a while.

Best wishes!
Old 6th April 2019
Lives for gear
Yeah, it's been a while, but if you're busy, you don't have time to suck! LOL

Glad to know things are going well.
Old 7th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintalker View Post
Yeah, it's been a while, but if you're busy, you don't have time to suck! LOL

Glad to know things are going well.

Well there has been some massive setbacks since the construction was done (ok, maybe not done but at least making it operational....)

Most of them not really related to the business but personal stuff. Like BIIIG time life altering stuff....but buying new microphones and amps can take the sting away from even the worst situation!
Old 7th April 2019
Lives for gear
I know it does for me! LOL and I certainly hope it has and will do so ….. regardless of the bumps/holes/curves in your path, Shad.
Straight on!

Michael
Old 8th April 2019
Glad you are doing well. Can't wait to see some pics if you ever get time. Heck, if I'm up in the area, I'll come take some studio pics for you for free (I'm also a semi pro photographer on the side).
Old 17th April 2019
Gear Head

Hey MotoXXX! WOW! This looks amazing from the time I was last here...spent some time catching up and I'm stoked to see what you and your Dad have accomplished! I've had some very life altering things keep me away from the forums here for a long time, but now (thank God) I'm back and enjoying catching up. I had to move and lost my studio, but now after 5 years have my studio space back in my new house, still one room but much bigger and I've added more gear :

Hopefully I'll have some time to grab some photos, show off my new space, and actually use it!

Missed being here. Glad to be back and AWESOME job on the studio! Hope to get to see it someday

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search