The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
The Parlor Recording Studio - New Orleans - Construction Journal
Old 15th April 2015
Gear Nut

What a gorgeous space, Matt! Congratulations, I can't wait to hear what records are made in this beautiful space!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Audio View Post
Then lastly...now that you're done (or very near completion if you're indedd not finished)...what would you have done differently if you could go back?
What a great question, I would love to know this as well.
Old 21st May 2015
Lives for gear

Luv it!

And a real echo chamber!

WOW
Old 30th June 2015
Gear Maniac

Excellent!
Thanx for sharing
Old 19th July 2015
Lives for gear

Got the website up!

The Parlor Recording Studio, New Orleans
Old 20th July 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Grondin View Post
Looks great Matt!

I've been following this build for a couple of years.

It is great that you are all up and running.

The parlour looks like a wonderful facility.

I'd love to record there one day.

Cheers

Ryan

PS

You might want to check this paragraph...

HISTORY

<snip> he knew this place was special and was built to a higher standard anywhere else he’d ever worked. </snip>

Maybe add a 'than' after standard?
Old 22nd July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by raian View Post
Looks great Matt!

I've been following this build for a couple of years.

It is great that you are all up and running.

The parlour looks like a wonderful facility.

I'd love to record there one day.

Cheers

Ryan

PS

You might want to check this paragraph...

HISTORY

<snip> he knew this place was special and was built to a higher standard anywhere else he’d ever worked. </snip>

Maybe add a 'than' after standard?
Nice catch! Thanks so much. I proof-read that thing about 1000 times but I guess you always miss something.
Old 22nd July 2015
Amazing place Matt, very inspiring. Glad to see studios like this are still being created. Many bigger studios have the gear, the great sounding rooms but completely miss the vibe. Your has the vibe and everything else to go with it and that's what's gonna make people want to work there.
Old 15th June 2017
Lives for gear

It's been an amazing couple of years. Thanks for all the support!!!!

Clients | The Parlor Recording Studio, New Orleans
Old 27th June 2017
I think this thread and the one about Bridge Recording Studio really sets the bar for new studio builds. So good!
Old 23rd August 2018
Some sad news.

Looks like after 4 (very challenging) years of construction and 4 years of operation (with a pretty nice list of clients), the Parlor has currently halted operation and is in limbo, looking for a buyer, with the head engineer departing and Matt unable to continue on any longer (on hiatus, intending to leave New Orleans).

Matt's post on the website contact page indicates that he's completely burned out and got to the point of nearly working for free just to keep the doors open.

It's such a sad thing to see one of the greatest builds this forum has seen end up in this state. These days it is such a challenge for a studio, especially one at that level (ie that kind of initial capital investment, and all of the overhead expenses) to be profitable without a constant flow of A level clients.

What an incredible facility, both in terms of the rooms and the gear. I sincerely hope he can find a buyer in such a challenging market. These sure are tough times.

Last edited by bambamboom; 23rd August 2018 at 09:50 PM..
Old 23rd August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamboom View Post
Some sad news.

Looks like after 4 (very challenging) years of construction and 4 years of operation (with a pretty nice list of clients), the Parlor has currently halted operation and is in limbo, looking for a buyer, with the head engineer departing and Matt unable to continue on any longer (on hiatus, intending to leave New Orleans).

Matt's post on the website contact page indicates that he's completely burned out and got to the point of nearly working for free just to keep the doors open.

It's such a sad thing to see one of the greatest builds this forum has seen end up in this state. These days it is such a challenge for a studio, especially one at that level (ie that kind of initial capital investment, and all of the overhead expenses) to be profitable without a constant flow of A level clients. Maybe it's even worse than that. Look at The Bridge, which has now also fallen, despite an incredible list of clients and a packed schedule. 2 of the best and brightest build threads this site has ever seen, yet both only having a relatively short lifespan (this one 4 years, the Bridge 8 years)

What an incredible facility, both in terms of the rooms and the gear. I sincerely hope he can find a buyer in such a challenging market. These sure are tough times.
Oh man. Such sad news. :-(
Old 23rd August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Oh man. Such sad news. :-(
Indeed Trev. As your own commercial studio owner it must be especially difficult to see. Hope all is well across the pond!
Old 24th August 2018
Lives for gear

See post # 662.

This is a failure of the industry, not Matt!!
Old 29th August 2018
Here for the gear

Great Job!!
Old 28th November 2018
Looks like the studio is continuing to operate to some degree, minus Matt's involvement.
Old 28th December 2018
Gear Maniac
Thanks for sharing Matt, looks really great.
Old 1st August 2019
Just to update this, the Parlor is still in operation, minus Matt's direct involvement. The most recent facebook update I saw was that they were thinking of opening to the public again (it's been operating part time on a private per project basis as far as I understand.

Here's hoping for an upswing.
Old 1st August 2019

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search